ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs Independence 8/17

MC killed them upfront. Biggest mismatch of the game.

You are right Little will bounce back, and be better. Indy receivers will be better. MC is loaded defensively, and pride themselves on defense. If MC offense catches fire they are my favorites in the 4A. Will say it again Benji Black is severely underrated. He's a football player on both sides of the ball.
Along with Khalil Ali who had the 54-yard run. Creek has to figure out how to get touches with the other 3, 4x100 track guys, who are all Juniors. It's a great problem to have with your offense. I believe they'll figure it out. Gotta take shots down field with verticals. Threw one ball downfield the entire game for 48 yards. Gotta go back to that.

Last edited:
Along with Khalil Ali who had the 54-yard run. Creek has to figure out how to get touches with the other 3, 4x100 track guys, who are all Juniors. It's a great problem to have with your offense. I believe they'll figure it out. Gotta take shots down field with verticals. Threw one ball downfield the entire game for 48 yards. Gotta go back to that.
Overall I wasn't unhappy with how Tinsley managed the game. He had a QB that was high and hot early and a defense that was playing very well after giving Indy 30 yards in penalties on that first drive. I think he was very conservative for that reason. Tried to get some guys in space but the timing and throws were off. I think Black, Clark and Ali all could have huge years.

@nepsy7 agreed about the vertical passing game. When MC got the ball in Indy territory up 6 I just knew they would dial up a deep shot, but it worked out anyways.

MC getting pressure with 3 in passing situations was huge. The back 7 did a great job in mixing zone and man coverage and making it look the same at the snap, had Indy out of rhythm and flustered. Shutting the run down on early downs set them up well.

I need them to update their roster on MaxPreps too. Lol

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
@nepsy7 agreed about the vertical passing game. When MC got the ball in Indy territory up 6 I just knew they would dial up a deep shot, but it worked out anyways.

MC getting pressure with 3 in passing situations was huge. The back 7 did a great job in mixing zone and man coverage and making it look the same at the snap, had Indy out of rhythm and flustered. Shutting the run down on early downs set them up well.

I need them to update their roster on MaxPreps too. Lol
Putting the updated roster up Monday. 👍🏾

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT