ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs Independence 8/17

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
The season will start out with two interesting matchups. Max Prep has this game starting at 8pm? Also will be played Thursday.
I have no clue as to how it will turn out. Should be a game that will grab lot of attention.
Any thoughts.

I'll go with umm __The Super Star Team_ .
Not sure which team you are referring to.

What does Mallard Creek’s defense look like? If it is anything close to last season’s defense it will be the best defense Indy has seen in a couple of seasons. I don’t see MC keeping up in a shootout.

What does Mallard Creek’s defense look like? If it is anything close to last season’s defense it will be the best defense Indy has seen in a couple of seasons. I don’t see MC keeping up in a shootout.
Welp, I'm leaning towards Indi but you cant count out the UnderArmor Sponsored, 3 time Champ Mallard Creek out of the equation.

Leaning MC in a close one. Early season MC, late season Indy. Think MC defense makes the difference. But an Indy win convincingly wouldn't surprise either
Think it might be the opposite. Huge coaching turnover at MC. Think the MC offense might surprise this year with the defense down a bit. Lost a ton in the backend.

Indy certainly is the preseason hype team.

MC with brutal schedule early. Could be better in 2nd half of year.

Mallard Creek has to get this game, not sure what Gaffney brings back but will be a tough out. Being 0-3 going against West Charlotte who will be pretty good isn’t ideal.

Not a huge fan of Mallard Creek’s two QB system and two of their TD’s were pick six’s. Mallard Creeks defense is looking good. Doing a good job stopping the run then rushing only three in passing situations. Makes it hard for Indy’s QB to find anyone open.

Creek looking to take control of the game after a big play offensively and converted the 2 point conversion. 28-14 Creek up in the 4th. Creeks offense not impressive but that defense is the real deal, it just took time for them to settle in.

I felt this would be the best defense Indy has seen in a couple years and it played out that way. Once MC regrouped after Indy’s first drive, Mallard Creeks defense controlled the game.

Indy is hard to stop when they mix in the run with the option of the QB keeping it or pitching. The fakes open up easier throwing lanes designed to get their athletes in space. Once MC were able to make adjustments to stop the run it made Indy predictable and they don’t really have a sophisticated passing attack. Also dropping eight in passing situations made it rough for Indy.

The QB 12? (The one who started) has a cannon of an arm, i really liked him but MC went with the other QB to run the read option.

After a sloppy 1st quarter they were one bad run fit from shutting Indy down. Tinsley can coach some defense. They are fast, tackle well, run to the ball and are rarely out of position. Offense not great but their best Olineman is out and they have a couple burners. Comes down to QB play for them. Rembert settled down in the 2nd half. If he plays well they could be a title contender I think.

MC is good. That's why I picked them. Sometimes Sports people don't actually go to workouts/practices. The MC front 7 on defense is amazing. Benjamin Black is the most underrated players in the state. He flipped that game yesterday. Nas at corner is a game changer. Carroll had a big coach change up in DC.

TBH neither team showed well offensively. Think Both have potential to get much much better this year. Indy may be a tad overated IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
MC is good. That's why I picked them. Sometimes Sports people don't actually go to workouts/practices. The MC front 7 on defense is amazing. Benjamin Black is the most underrated players in the state. He flipped that game yesterday. Nas at corner is a game changer. Carroll had a big coach change up in DC.

TBH neither team showed well offensively. Think Both have potential to get much much better this year. Indy may be a tad overated IMHO.
I think Independence shocked many last year. People felt they would be improved but didn’t expect a nice playoff run and a share of the conference. This year teams are “getting up” for Indy which hasn’t happened since Knotts so it will be an adjustment. The rest of their non conference schedule isn’t terrible although the West Charlotte game could go either way.

I think Independence shocked many last year. People felt they would be improved but didn’t expect a nice playoff run and a share of the conference. This year teams are “getting up” for Indy which hasn’t happened since Knotts so it will be an adjustment. The rest of their non conference schedule isn’t terrible although the West Charlotte game could go either way.
Correct. Also note Page was down and Olympic was a FRAUD. Never underestimate the power of winning and confidence has on a program. Indy was on a serious roll last year.

Dont forget MC played Buford, and Southpointe which could have been two easy cupcake wins. And beat Hough before the playoff rematch. Those 3 games there are the difference between a pretty 11-2 type season, or and 8-4 disappointing season.

I think Little is gonna be special. His recievers did him no favors last night. I think the last pick was a bad decision but the first one was a reciever not braking of route and the 2nd was off recievers hands. There not real good upfront right now. Good size but really struggled with MC speed on D.

I think Little is gonna be special. His recievers did him no favors last night. I think the last pick was a bad decision but the first one was a reciever not braking of route and the 2nd was off recievers hands. There not real good upfront right now. Good size but really struggled with MC speed on D.
MC killed them upfront. Biggest mismatch of the game.

You are right Little will bounce back, and be better. Indy receivers will be better. MC is loaded defensively, and pride themselves on defense. If MC offense catches fire they are my favorites in the 4A. Will say it again Benji Black is severely underrated. He's a football player on both sides of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT