ADVERTISEMENT

Buford Ga. @ Mallard Creek

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
Can Mallard Creek beat Buford ? It would be good for the state of North Carolina to get a win like that but I just don't know. Mallard's defense seems to be back after that Indy win, so this week will be interesting. They will be carrying the flag for NC.

Can Mallard Creek beat Buford ? It would be good for the state of North Carolina to get a win like that but I just don't know. Mallard's defense seems to be back after that Indy win, so this week will be interesting. They will be carrying the flag for NC.
BUFORD FOOTBALL

Dylan Raiola: 5* QB, Georgia
KJ Bolden: 5^ ATH, FSU
Eddrick Houston: 5* DL
Tyshun White: S, UNC commit
Kobi Blackwell: ATH 3* Michigan State
Matreece Dillard: 3* DL, Vanderbilt
Davin Forrester: OT, Michigan
Jaylen Neal: ATH, Colorado
Bryson Banks: LB, James Madison
Jadon Perlotte: 4* LB, Georgia
Devin Williams: 4* LB Alabama
Brayden Jacobs: 4* OT Clemson
Mantrez Walker: 3* LB Michigan
Justin Baker: 3* RB Alabama
Nicco Maggio: 3* DL Arkansas

There are conferences in NC, that haven't had this type of talent in 2 decades. I stopped at 15, there are over 15 more power 5 kids. If we can come out injury free, it will be a win for us. GO Mavericks

Last edited:
BUFORD FOOTBALL

Dylan Raiola: 5* QB, Georgia
KJ Bolden: 5^ ATH, FSU
Eddrick Houston: 5* DL
Tyshun White: S, UNC commit
Kobi Blackwell: ATH 3* Michigan State
Matreece Dillard: 3* DL, Vanderbilt
Davin Forrester: OT, Michigan
Jaylen Neal: ATH, Colorado
Bryson Banks: LB, James Madison
Jadon Perlotte: 4* LB, Georgia
Devin Williams: 4* LB Alabama
Brayden Jacobs: 4* OT Clemson
Mantrez Walker: 3* LB Michigan
Justin Baker: 3* RB Alabama
Nicco Maggio: 3* DL Arkansas

There are conferences in NC, that haven't had this type of talent in 2 decades. I stopped at 15, there are over 15 more power 5 kids. If we can come out injury free, it will be a win for us. GO Mavericks
Exactly. As Dutch Fork just found out. GA football is different. MC will do good to come out injury free and keep it within 21 points.

In contrast to a contest where the goal is to win, this is more of a comparison game. Aside from learning where they stand in comparison to the superior squad, MC will just have a great experience,

Ok, I got my answer... they will be big underdogs and the Buford talent is too overwhelming. Anybody know if this game is televised?

Reactions: FBUncle
Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Also, we will not be carrying the flag for NC, against a team with over 30 power 5 kids. 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Also, we will not be carrying the flag for NC, against a team with over 30 power 5 kids. 🤷🏾‍♂️😂
What’s Creeks motive for scheduling Buford? I understand the concept of an early season battle to maybe expose some weaknesses, so you can tighten those areas up…but why a national power that your only hope is to escape injury free.

What’s Creeks motive for scheduling Buford? I understand the concept of an early season battle to maybe expose some weaknesses, so you can tighten those areas up…but why a national power that your only hope is to escape injury free.
🤷🏾‍♂️

Sadism.

• Haha
Reactions: shutdownD24
They played them last year it is a two year contract. Creek has a history of playing anyone anywhere from the inception of the program. Once the started to dominate no one wanted to play local and across the state line over the last 5 years teams are learning you have to get tested against “force” as it gets you ready for conference and the playoff run. If they can get out healthy this week and next week Vs Gaffney who they beat last year the level of force they are use to will be hard to deal with by tye rest of the schedule. Iron sharpens iron.

They played them last year it is a two year contract. Creek has a history of playing anyone anywhere from the inception of the program. Once the started to dominate no one wanted to play local and across the state line over the last 5 years teams are learning you have to get tested against “force” as it gets you ready for conference and the playoff run. If they can get out healthy this week and next week Vs Gaffney who they beat last year the level of force they are use to will be hard to deal with by tye rest of the schedule. Iron sharpens iron.
What lessons learned/taken from last year can be applied this year and possibly earn the win?

What lessons learned/taken from last year can be applied this year and possibly earn the win?
As much as I would like them to win the overwhelming amount of talent at every position at some point will overwhelm. The lesson is to play your best technique against the speed and power of their execution which will enable them to see the game at an advanced level. You then apply that to the opponents on your same level with that added force and it’s a proven advantage. Yeah any given night a team can have an off night and upsets can happen but the depth of this talent is amazing.

Georgia High School football is the hot bed for speed and twitch players, edge rushers, and top tier cornerbacks. Buford should play IMG Academy. Watch the 4:50 time sick spin.

18-0 isn't quite demolished but I get the point. It's impressive none the less. SFA defense looked pretty good to me as well from those highlights.

It's a tough question to answer but I would say this. They traveled to Buford and got about absolutely rolled last year and it was that point where the season turned around. They didn't look great in the opener against Myers( they won but MP was awful) but after Buford the gave RH SP everything they wanted and then went to Gaffney and beat a real good team on the road. Several weeks later they beat a good Hough team.

I think when the culture is strong a solid beating can be useful. I expect they will hang in for a quarter or so on Friday.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
An Eastern side all-star team would be underdogs. :)
It's a tough question to answer but I would say this. They traveled to Buford and got about absolutely rolled last year and it was that point where the season turned around. They didn't look great in the opener against Myers( they won but MP was awful) but after Buford the gave RH SP everything they wanted and then went to Gaffney and beat a real good team on the road. Several weeks later they beat a good Hough team.

I think when the culture is strong a solid beating can be useful. I expect they will hang in for a quarter or so on Friday.

So you guys see this as playing “up” if not in classification, certainly in talent level?

And you see it as helpful to Creek as it exposes weaknesses and hardens the team for future play in NC 4A?

You guys are hilarious. But we’ll come back to that later.

What you and we just described has been the formula for success for the most accomplished high school football program in North Carolina.

Why don’t you schedule for your first three opening games, 3 Bufords, 3 teams with more talent if not students to pick from than Creek has. 3 teams ranked in the Top 10 of the talent level or classification ABOVE Creek.
Throw in the fourth opponent that is TWO levels above Creek.
Think that would harden you for the season?

Or put half your team on the disabled list?

Well, that is exactly what one top program in North Carolina is currently in the midst of now.
And we do it every year…..for decades.

We will let you figure out who it is.

Meanwhile, we take much glee in noting what you hateful mocked in the past as irrelevant and a non factor….you have learned and now embrace.
Come on in. The water is nice and warm.

So you guys see this as playing “up” if not in classification, certainly in talent level?

And you see it as helpful to Creek as it exposes weaknesses and hardens the team for future play in NC 4A?

What you and we just described has been the formula for success for the most accomplished high school football program in North Carolina.

Why don’t you schedule for your first three opening games, 3 Bufords, 3 teams with more talent if not students to pick from than Creek has. 3 teams ranked in the Top 10 of the talent level or classification ABOVE Creek.

Well, that is exactly what one top program in North Carolina is currently in the midst of now.

Meanwhile, we take much glee in noting what you hateful mocked in the past as irrelevant and a non factor….you have learned and now embrace.
What division does Burns play in?

Ok. He is back under another new name. SMH. Nothing to see here.
He's actually a lunatic delusional fan of the team that nobody talks about anymore. He's upset because his Wife/First cousin was cheating on him with the Town Drunk. He's just venting. We'll give him a pass.

Last edited:
Ok, I got my answer... they will be big underdogs and the Buford talent is too overwhelming. Anybody know if this game is televised?
Iwould think STREAMING on "NFHS.com" or "BAHAKELSPORTS.COM" but not certain

I can see him now…. sitting in a hot tub😂…with a rang on every finger.

Good stuff😂

Yep, Simmons has Buford by 36Ppts...that's hard to fathom. MC has never been that big of a underdog.
They will undoubtedly suffer a great deal, but I hope they recover mentally and physically with the experience. It's not only going to be only a lengthy and unsettling evening, yet terrifying.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
They will undoubtedly suffer a great deal, but I hope they recover mentally and physically with the experience. It's not only going to be only a lengthy and unsettling evening, yet terrifying.
I really doubt it'll be unsettling or terrifying. They played Buford last season in Georgia. Buford won 56-7.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
Meyers Park played Buford a few years back and did a respectable job. Scored first as I remember but Buford took control. Can't recall the final score but Buford won by at least 2 TDs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT