ADVERTISEMENT

Build your ideal non conference schedule

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
Well… im bored already lol. So let’s do some fantasy schedule making.

Build your ideal non-conference football schedule for your favorite football team.

For me (Mooresville) here’s what I’d like to see in no particular order..

Mt Tabor
Porter Ridge
Mallard Creek
Independence

Those would be the first teams I’d want.other teams I would love to see us play down the line would be

Shelby
Crest
Catholic
AK
Hough (they will be back on ours soon)
Salisbury
East Forsyth
West Forsyth
Dudley

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Well… im bored already lol. So let’s do some fantasy schedule making.

Build your ideal non-conference football schedule for your favorite football team.

For me (Mooresville) here’s what I’d like to see in no particular order..

Mt Tabor
Porter Ridge
Mallard Creek
Independence

Those would be the first teams I’d want.other teams I would love to see us play down the line would be

Shelby
Crest
Catholic
AK
Hough (they will be back on ours soon)
Salisbury
East Forsyth
West Forsyth
Dudley
No Grimsley or Weddington?

I am one for playing one or two OOC teams early in the season where you may actually lose. You quickly find out the strengths, weaknesses and character of your team. Another way to do this without consequence is to schedule challenging scrimmages during the initial weeks of contact. I have been to a number of 3-4 or even more team jamborees that have included multiple elite teams across categories. Makes for a fun night and partisans can still claim they got the better of it even when the score tally is not in their favor. It also allows coaches to find out who can play, who can't and not worry about mistakes costing a game.

With South Iredell, l would like to see them take out North Iredell and Piedmont. Replace with someone like Davie, Glenn, Reagan, East Lincoln, or even Hickory. They do have Porter Ridge and Statesville on it. Which that part is good.

My Ideal is
Hough
Davie
West Forsyth
Tabor

But U also have Catholic , Chambers , Indy , Butler , Weddington or any of others named above but really it’s on who is willing but u still want competitive game n the ones I have listed is Competitive n good comp but still winnable imo

My Ideal is
Hough
Davie
West Forsyth
Tabor

But U also have Catholic , Chambers , Indy , Butler , Weddington or any of others named above but really it’s on who is willing but u still want competitive game n the ones I have listed is Competitive n good comp but still winnable imo
Could have out of State team. Someone like RH Northwestern or Gaffney,

Determine the 3 or 4 strongest conferences in your area and schedule the #2 or #3 team in each conference. Charlotte area advantage with strong SC conferences past Carowinds.

Most teams have 3 non conf games to play. The first couple games of the year has so much of a learning curve. There are many players on the field as a varsity player for the first time. The speed of the game is much faster. Angles are much different. Playing 3 very tough games can put a team behind the 8 ball as conference play begins and they can also be banged up. If the conference a team plays in is weak then playing a strong non conference is important. If a conference is normally strong I think it can be very dangere To load your schedule.

Give me the 4 biggest cupcakes you can find to open the season off for non conference. I’ll take 4 playoff games at home over “well we played some good competition in august so we are on the road every game in November”

Give me the 4 biggest cupcakes you can find to open the season off for non conference. I’ll take 4 playoff games at home over “well we played some good competition in august so we are on the road every game in November”
There are many teams that do that very thing.

Tbh Grimsley came across my mind after I posted. Completely forgot about Weddington 😂

Only reason PR made the cut was we owe them one lol
I was just curious. I think a solid non conference schedule should have some balance. If you only schedule the best teams in the state, you run the risk of injury or demoralizing your team. They need at least one team they can whoop up on.

Starting around 2006 an argument can be made Butler had more talent than Independence but couldn’t get over the hump. The 09 season they added Mt Tabor and Richmond (defending champions) to a schedule that had Chambers and West Charlotte. That help the team go through adversity and getting punched in the mouth. Butler finally was able to get over the hump that year against Indy. Prior to that season Butler had a soft non conference schedule and to their credit Butler does try and schedule tough teams in the state every year.

When I think of Mooresville, i think the defense is pretty good. Last year against Butler the defense played strong, the offense wasn’t doing much then got tired and the game got away from Mooresville. Mooresville needs to continue to develop a adequate passing attack. A tougher schedule helps but if Mooresville is one dimensional the result will be the same in my opinion.

I was just curious. I think a solid non conference schedule should have some balance. If you only schedule the best teams in the state, you run the risk of injury or demoralizing your team. They need at least one team they can whoop up on.
It’s dependent on the conference. We aren’t in a real strong conference as it stands so the non conference should be top loaded. We are in a situation where we are competing for the conference title every year. And likely favored in them. Not saying we need to play ALL the elites. But 2 of them at minimum should be strong 4A competition, and the other 2 being at worst, teams like Davie, Tabor, etc.

Our current schedule in the non conference I think works for how we play, but doesn’t give us a real look at any offense with elite speed, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT