ADVERTISEMENT

CPC Outlook: East Forsyth is still the Team to Beat

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
I know it's only the first week, things can change but you can learn a lot the first week.

East Forsyth took care of Heritage HS pretty easy. Now, they will hit the road again to play Jack Britt this weekend before hosting AC Reynolds week 3. East has a lot of different players but still have the same very good talented players. they just replaced those 3 & 4 stars with more 3 & 4 stars. QB Baker is really good. I see no problem with them winning the CPC.

West Forsyth: Upset ranked AC Reynolds and the new D-Cord. from East Forsyth didn't take long to stamp his aggressive style on West Forsyth. They are very athletic on both sides and have a great upside to get better and better as the year goes. Look for that offense to get untracked vs Oak Grove this weekend because they have the massive O-Line and all the parts. They play Weddington week 3 and that will tell a lot. The CPC is a better conference when West Forsyth is strong.

Mt Tabor: Stayed in the game until the 7min mark of the fourth quarter against the #1 public school in the state. Depth is an issue and will be this year. They have really nice talent but injuries could hurt them, like Snook being hurt and missing the 2nd half. They are talented but 1 deep is an issue. Play North Forsyth this week who won big in week 1.

Reagan: This one was perplexing, That Defense has regressed from last year and that was their major problem in 2022. I under estimated how much they lost from last season and they are so young. Could easily start 0-3. Offense is good but lost some great O-lineman. That defense has to get off the field after giving up 435yds rushing to the Marvin Ridge RB & QB who had 6 rushing TD's. Reagan might resort to getting some talented offensive guys to play both ways or pull up some JV talent... that's not what they want.. but if things don't get better,.. who knows. The special teams, especially kick return needs major improvement. They got work to do.

RJR: This was a pleasant 41-12 blowout by the Demons, They are a sneaky good unless HPC was that bad. RJR is going to surprise some teams, they will be able to stay in the games where they have been blown out in the past. Next week, play Southwest Guilford then Northwest Guilford in a winnable games. A 3-0 start would awesome for the Demons.

Parkland: Won their opener against 2-A Lexington 16-13. I really hope things are turning around for the Mustangs. They deserve some good years. Play Atkins this week and then Winston Salem Prep. Could start 3-0 and that would fantastic for the confidence of team, students and coaching staff.

Glenn: Disappointed in their performance vs 3-A Ledford, Glenn has a couple of lineman who are D-1 commits but this was not the start they needed. They play Ragsdale this week and then Chambers; could easily start 0-3.

Davie: I heard the QB played well, lost to a good Mooresville team. Showed a lot of fight at the end to lose by only a TD. Davie is always tough, hangs around and stays in the game. Coach Tim Devericks is a great coach... he will keep them in it. I'm still trying to figure out how much talent. Play West Rowan this week. That game should be a toss up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 500HP_Devil
EAST is EAST

I'm still not sold on the
West Defense . A.C Reynolds offense was a disaster class the next two weeks will tell us a lot.

MT. TABOR will be done they played the second best Team in the state from av year ago.

Glenn lost 23 transfers so I did not expect much.

Regan, Parkland and Reynolds will be interesting.

EAST is EAST

West Defense . A.C Reynolds offense was a disaster class the next two weeks will tell us a lot.

MT. TABOR will be done they played the second best Team in the state from av year ago.

West would’nt have won had A.C Reynolds RB played. I think that’s why the offense was a disaster.

West would’nt have won had A.C Reynolds RB played. I think that’s why the offense was a disastet.
That is debatable, West Forsyth didn’t have their RB either. He ran for 1700 yds last season. That defense is legit. You’ll see….

EAST is EAST

23 transfers, where did they go?

23 transfers, where did they go?
More like 10 transfers and they had 2 D1 defensive transfers move to Grimsley.

East Forsyth and Tabor for the CPC then everyone else can draw straws! Really excited to see WF vs Reagan

Eh, it's not like Forsyth County has won a bunch a championships because of it.

Carver in 98 and 02
Parkland in 01
EF in 92, 2018 and 2019
Mt Tabor in Spring 21.

It's probably had more of a negative affect than anything.
No but explains why it’s the same players year in year out.

FWIW.. I think this years version of Davie is much improved over last year. Specifically their OL.

Reactions: mrhonda
So we’ve played Davie and Reagan in back to back weeks… just going off the Eye test I actually think Davie is better than Reagan. But I think both are pretty good. Maybe not top 10 type of teams, but I think both have the quality to flirt with the top 20. I would not be shocked to see this Davie team end up 3rd In conference

Will Billingsley D-Cord.
Yeah, Coach Billingsley worked with Beal at East Forsyth for a couple years. I think they worked together in the past as well. So I'm sure he's running a few of the things Beal implemented. Once Beal left East I think the new DC wanted his guys so Billingsley left for West and new DC at EF Bryant brought in some of his own guys

Eh, it's not like Forsyth County has won a bunch a championships because of it.

Carver in 98 and 02
Parkland in 01
EF in 92, 2018 and 2019
Mt Tabor in Spring 21.

It's probably had more of a negative affect than anything.
Thing is schools like Reagan pickup players from surrounding counties for multiple sports. West Stokes lost athletes in baseball and basketball in past years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT