ADVERTISEMENT

What happened at the North Moore/Bertie Game???

NM88

Aug 29, 2014
Siler City, NC
Got across the state to watch the Mallard Creek/Watauga classic, but spent some time viewing some films of other games around the state this weekend. Down in Robbins, I watched some of the NM/Bertie game. There was almost an all-out brawl before the game even started. Bertie players were jumping and jawing all at the 50-yard line while NM players looked on rather bewilderedly. Eventually the refs and coaches separated the two teams. More jawing from Bertie early on before NM rolled out to a 29-0 lead. Then it was pretty much quiet for the rest of the butt-kicking. Anyone know what the devil sparked all that? I don't believe the two have ever played so there's no rivalry issue. Heck, on the map they're nowhere near each other.

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with NM, but can't change username to Batman.

• Love
Reactions: thekidd12
Got across the state to watch the Mallard Creek/Watauga classic, but spent some time viewing some films of other games around the state this weekend. Down in Robbins, I watched some of the NM/Bertie game. There was almost an all-out brawl before the game even started. Bertie players were jumping and jawing all at the 50-yard line while NM players looked on rather bewilderedly. Eventually the refs and coaches separated the two teams. More jawing from Bertie early on before NM rolled out to a 29-0 lead. Then it was pretty much quiet for the rest of the butt-kicking. Anyone know what the devil sparked all that? I don't believe the two have ever played so there's no rivalry issue. Heck, on the map they're nowhere near each other.

I don’t know what happened at that game but I know when Bertie played Tarboro they were very chippy and had a lot of flags thrown after the play - so I’m not suprised.

Reactions: R8RNATION
So I wasn’t at the game but my source says that during warm ups Bertie came to mid field talking junk trying to fight. Then during the 4th quarter they got mad again and 3 of their players were ejected. Source says the most disrespectful team he has ever seen.

So I wasn’t at the game but my source says that during warm ups Bertie came to mid field talking junk trying to fight. Then during the 4th quarter they got mad again and 3 of their players were ejected. Source says the most disrespectful team he has ever seen.
Yea, they were very undisciplined when we watched them come to Tarboro earlier in the year

That checks. They could be a fine team if they had discipline and focus.

Your source is all over it…
Apparently players talked some smack to parents waiting for bathroom during halftime as well…
As visitors!
At North Moore!!

• Wow
Reactions: Slasher Killer
Well, I was at the game. There was jawing by both sides before it started. And we weren't down 29-0. We needed more discipline yes. I wish the guys had taken out their frustrations by means of football rather than jawing. But both teams were doing it. NM was a better team and that showed. We haven't stopped the run all year. It wasn't one sided as mentioned. But we absolutely needed lots more discipline.

Your source is all over it…
Apparently players talked some smack to parents waiting for bathroom during halftime as well…
As visitors!
At North Moore!!
Brave kids is all I have to say. Some of those parents can get a bit rough especially when it comes to their kids.

Well, I was at the game. There was jawing by both sides before it started. And we weren't down 29-0. We needed more discipline yes. I wish the guys had taken out their frustrations by means of football rather than jawing. But both teams were doing it. NM was a better team and that showed. We haven't stopped the run all year. It wasn't one sided as mentioned. But we absolutely needed lots more discipline.
It’s such a shame though, Fly. That team has a lot of talent. If they harnessed that aggression and used it in a constructive fashion, they could be great.

I agree. It was a sad ending to a successful season. We played the worst football of the year at the wrong time. Hopefully our new coach can build the program back up. It is his first year ever coaching. That lack of discipline really hurt us in this one. I wish they could have channeled their frustration on the field by dominating the football game.

I agree. It was a sad ending to a successful season. We played the worst football of the year at the wrong time. Hopefully our new coach can build the program back up. It is his first year ever coaching. That lack of discipline really hurt us in this one. I wish they could have channeled their frustration on the field by dominating the football game.
That sounds promising. In that situation, I’m sure he’s working day and night just to make sure they are all lined up correctly. The discipline will come.

I was at the game. The Bertie team danced and jumped around of the North Moore Mustang logo. The Falcons captains didn't even shake hands with the North Moore captains during the coin toss. Lots of Falcon players chirping during the game. Bertie did have one player that I know of to be ejected. After the game, those Bertie folks got the heck on the bus never ever wanting to see the RPO again!!!

Last edited:
I was at the game. The Bertie team danced and jumped around of the North Moore Mustang logo. The Falcons captains didn't even shake hands wwith the North Moore captains during the coin toss. Lots of Falcon players chirping during the game. Bertie did have one player that I know of to be ejected. After the game, those Bertie folks got the heck on the bus never ever wanting to see the RPO again!!!
This is almost exactly what I was told as well.

That’s because…

I’m Batman (in my best Michael Keaton voice)…

Since you watched Watauga who do u think wins Friday them or Independence?

Ok. So I'm gonna try and let this go. Unsportsmanlike conduct was happening on both sides during the game. Both teams were talking. Gentlemen, it only takes me a few minutes to pull clips of NM and Bertie acting in a way they shouldn't during the game. But I would not rather sully any of the players or their schools. Bertie lost. NM was a better team last Friday by far. Please just paint a clear picture of what happened.

I was at the game. The Bertie team danced and jumped around of the North Moore Mustang logo. The Falcons captains didn't even shake hands with the North Moore captains during the coin toss. Lots of Falcon players chirping during the game. Bertie did have one player that I know of to be ejected. After the game, those Bertie folks got the heck on the bus never ever wanting to see the RPO again!!!
The Falcons did stomp on the logo during the game. That's a fact. It was poor sportsmanship. Disrespectful. Chirping was on both sides though. Your RPO worked on us. Congratulations. But our run defense has been awful all season. You beat a team barely 500. Every single coach on the staff has never coached before anywhere. Congrats if that's your championship. Your next few games will tell you how good your RPO really is.

Lastly, it was a long drive. Too long to lose. lol

Last edited:
The Falcons did stomp on the logo during the game. That's a fact. It was poor sportsmanship. Disrespectful. Chirping was on both sides though. Your RPO worked on us. Congratulations. But our run defense has been awful all season. You beat a team barely 500. Every single coach on the staff has never coached before anywhere. Congrats if that's your championship. Your next few games will tell you how good your RPO really is.

As I said in my post I wasn’t there just relaying what I was told by someone I trust. Guess it was a bad matchup for your team sounds like. Still never any reason to act like those teenagers did pre-game, which you say did happen. The coaching staff may be all new but they are still the grown ups. They could have stopped it right away but apparently allowed the stomping to occur. Finally I am not from NM but I haven’t read where anyone has bragged about winning game against.500 team. Simply amazed at behavior.

Since you watched Watauga who do u think wins Friday them or Independence?
This Watauga team may be the most disciplined football team in the state, any level. I was extremely impressed with their composure and discipline. I expected, as most, a Mallard Creek victory by at least two TDs (on my part this assumption was data driven by this year's and the previous three years' performances by both teams, PS and PA, TOs, etc. This Watauga team though says "data be damned" and they perform down to down, snap to snap. So looking at this Friday's matchup with Indy, I feel safe saying Indy's athleticism and strong offense will score around 24 points, but they will turn the ball over 2 or 3 times. Watauga will score in the neighborhood of 28 without turnovers. However, if they score off the Indy TOs, then that total could be 35-49. So, I look to see Watauga take this one.

Reactions: KW23

200 miles is a haul, and it's 400 home when you lose. NM (no affiliation) will live and die by their Run People Over offense (it's definitely NOT a Run Pass Option as Pass is rarely used). But, as their coach will say at the end of the day, we ran our game plan and won. On the other hand, he'll also own up and say that at the end of the day, we ran our game plan and they stopped us. It's a pain to watch too when you see wide-open receivers on runs of 3, 5, 3, 2, 11, etc.... and drives of 80 yards that eat up an entire quarter, but it's what they do best. Good luck to Bertie down the road.

200 miles is a haul, and it's 400 home when you lose. NM (no affiliation) will live and die by their Run People Over offense (it's definitely NOT a Run Pass Option as Pass is rarely used). But, as their coach will say at the end of the day, we ran our game plan and won. On the other hand, he'll also own up and say that at the end of the day, we ran our game plan and they stopped us. It's a pain to watch too when you see wide-open receivers on runs of 3, 5, 3, 2, 11, etc.... and drives of 80 yards that eat up an entire quarter, but it's what they do best. Good luck to Bertie down the road.
You have to add Batman or we are going to ignore it…

Thx NM. I’m hoping NM makes it to Tarboro. I would love to see you two physical juggernauts go at it. It’s only about 35 minutes from Bertie. I hope you score 100 points on WPrep.

Thx NM. I’m hoping NM makes it to Tarboro. I would love to see you two physical juggernauts go at it. It’s only about 35 minutes from Bertie. I hope you score 100 points on WPrep.
See the poster isn’t affiliated with North Moore. I told him to change his username because everyone will think he is. Apparently he’s a huuuuge Michael Keaton fan though 👍

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT