ADVERTISEMENT

Maiden Blue Devils vs Shelby Golden Lions

SHS LION

Jun 23, 2007
Two long time traditional football powers going at it at Blanton Memorial in the 2nd rd.Should be a good one.

I remember when that happened. I think it was when they were in the same conference but it might have been in a playoff game
Seems like both, they were definitely in the same conference. Shelby Lion and SHS LION will definitely remember whether or not it was a playoff game.

That was in 2000 and a conference game. Shelby won 63-28.We were in the same conference for 4 years 1997-2000. We are 4-0 playing Maiden.

They did that pile on just as good, if not actually better than we did, so they had to have practiced it rather than it being a spontaneous decision. Coach Brown made it obvious that he didn’t like Cleveland County Football, particularly Shelby and Crest. He was on FFN a few years ago as the East Burke coach. He had some negative things to say about Shelby and Crest right there on live tv.

Shelby biggest opponent will always and forever be Shelby! These guys have the pieces to compete at any class in NC! Teams have tried all year to stop us from passing which has led to our running backs getting a lot of touches. And our defense is playing lights out. It’s going to take a perfect game by an opponent and by perfect no penalties, A lot of bad calls for someone to compete with us. Go lions!

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
They did that pile on just as good, if not actually better than we did, so they had to have practiced it rather than it being a spontaneous decision. Coach Brown made it obvious that he didn’t like Cleveland County Football, particularly Shelby and Crest. He was on FFN a few years ago as the East Burke coach. He had some negative things to say about Shelby and Crest right there on live tv.
I remember that!!

Reactions: Lion Attack
I’ll never forget that pile on they had a good receiver can’t remember his name but as he lept toward the pile he was facing us had one arm behind his head and was grabbing his crotch at our sideline with other hand ! I looked down at our sidelines and Eric white was trying his best to get to the field he was tore slap up

coach Brown basically said we all recruited on FFN that night ... I saw it too

I’ll never forget that pile on they had a good receiver can’t remember his name but as he lept toward the pile he was facing us had one arm behind his head and was grabbing his crotch at our sideline with other hand ! I looked down at our sidelines and Eric white was trying his best to get to the field he was tore slap up

coach Brown basically said we all recruited on FFN that night ... I saw it too

Possibly their current head coach, not sure, but could be!

The “oldest rat in the barn” Coach Brown has favored Shelby lately due to the Defensive Coordinator being a Boom Devil. Coach Hawn would put the boom on ya! That boy would light you up! He is doing a great job at Shelby! We all proud of him.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
The “oldest rat in the barn” Coach Brown has favored Shelby lately due to the Defensive Coordinator being a Boom Devil. Coach Hawn would put the boom on ya! That boy would light you up! He is doing a great job at Shelby! We all proud of him.
I had heard he could play.

I think Maiden may keep it close for a quarter or so but Shelby is just too much...

42-14 Shelby

I’d like to enjoy our victory a day or two before I make a prediction. No need to rush!

I’d like to enjoy our victory a day or two before I make a prediction. No need to rush!
If I were you I would wait until Friday morning so you can keep the Shelby people off your back. I’m sure your prediction will be a blast.

Key players - Maiden
QB: 12 - Ethan Rhodes
Passing: 125-205, 2,239, 29 TDs, 5 Ints
Rushing: 70-136, 5 TDs

RB: 3 - Amarion Craig
Rushing: 201-1,097, 15 TDs

WR: 6 - Dylan Abernathy
Receiving: 65-1,135, 17 TDs

WR: 1 - B.J. James
Receiving: 28-624, 8 TDs

Key Players - Shelby
QB: 18 - Isaiah Bess
Passing: 135-238, 2,719, 35 TDs, 6 Ints

RB: 9 - Omar Phillips
Rushing: 85-625, 15 TDs

RB: 8 - Donye Fuller
Rushing: 76-494, 7 TDs

WR: 2 - Jahari Mitchell
Receiving: 47-1,074, 16 TDs

WR: 6 - Diavonni Daley
Receiving: 45-923, 12 TDs

WR: 3 - Kamarde Huskey
Receiving: 27-524, 5 TDs

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Key players - Maiden
QB: 12 - Ethan Rhodes
Passing: 125-205, 2,239, 29 TDs, 5 Ints
Rushing: 70-136, 5 TDs

RB: 3 - Amarion Craig
Rushing: 201-1,097, 15 TDs

WR: 6 - Dylan Abernathy
Receiving: 65-1,135, 17 TDs

WR: 1 - B.J. James
Receiving: 28-624, 8 TDs
Maidens stats look very impressive. I don't think their schedule was very tough, so how good are they? I see all these predictions of a blow out but I cant see that with those stats. I am concerned!

Maidens stats look very impressive. I don't think their schedule was very tough, so how good are they? I see all these predictions of a blow out but I cant see that with those stats. I am concerned!

Against the best team in their conference (North Lincoln) they lost 42-0 and only had around 100 yards of total offense. They lost to West Lincoln by 1, and won close games against East Lincoln and Newton-Conover. I would say Shelby fans need not be concerned.

Reactions: beamer24
Against the best team in their conference (North Lincoln) they lost 42-0 and only had around 100 yards of total offense. They lost to West Lincoln by 1, and won close games against East Lincoln and Newton-Conover. I would say Shelby fans need not be concerned.
Agree! Lineman!

Agreed. It'll be over at half m

Maiden is 9-3...2 of 3 losses are by 1 point, with the other loss to North Lincoln, #2 overall seed in 2AA West. Very capable team and cannot be overlooked by Shelby. From here on out there shouldn't be any sure things...

Maiden is 9-3...2 of 3 losses are by 1 point, with the other loss to North Lincoln, #2 overall seed in 2AA West. Very capable team and cannot be overlooked by Shelby. From here on out there shouldn't be any sure things...

And both of the 1 point losses should have been wins by at least 2 scores...easily. But when you crap the bed you crap the bed and "should haves" don't add to your win column.

The loss to North was a smack in the mouth, not just to the players but to the coaches as well. We came out and shanked a punt, botched a punt for a NL TD, fumble, fumble, INT off of a tipped pass...when it rains it pours...especially against a team like North. North is the better team I won't dispute that.

As far as Shelby goes...they are the better team and are more adjusted to the limelight. We just won our first playoff game in 3 years. Shelby has a more competitive conference...not by too much...but still noticeable. If both teams play their best, Shelby wins.

I can say that my personal "best case scenario for a Maiden win" is this...Maiden comes out hot and comes out swinging and Shelby is caught sleep walking. Shelby will make their halftime adjustments and roar right back. The question is...can we do enough damage on the scoreboard to hold them off?

My boss told me to send my folks home at 6 p.m. Blanton Memorial tonight! Looking forward to seeing them Golden Lions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT