ADVERTISEMENT

Newton-Conover Coaching Job

Dadof23

Jan 17, 2019
What's the word on this hire? It should be a desirable job for anyone looking to take them from being competitive to a contender. They have the athletes, a new $75 million bond or more coming to build a new football stadium, gyms, etc., and the support needed from the community and administration. The only thing lacking has been a serious hire to get them going. The last 5-7 years, they have lost more athletes to Maiden, Hickory, and other surrounding schools. Its time to make a hire and turn The Devils into what they once were. Curious as to any names being thrown around.

I've heard 2 names being thrown around if I mention one who supposedly put in for it. People will come on here screaming he's not leaving 🤣🤣

And as for 2nd name let's say... I guess tigers can change their stripes. But all just rumors. 🤣🤣

What's the word on this hire? It should be a desirable job for anyone looking to take them from being competitive to a contender. They have the athletes, a new $75 million bond or more coming to build a new football stadium, gyms, etc., and the support needed from the community and administration. The only thing lacking has been a serious hire to get them going. The last 5-7 years, they have lost more athletes to Maiden, Hickory, and other surrounding schools. Its time to make a hire and turn The Devils into what they once were. Curious as to any names being thrown around.
Question, who was the coach and what classification are they?

I have heard a great rumor and if true will def turn the program around and would be a great hire. Not going to mention right now, but it would be a really, really great hire. Time will tell and if I were a Red Devil things are def heading in the right direction.

I have heard a great rumor and if true will def turn the program around and would be a great hire. Not going to mention right now, but it would be a really, really great hire. Time will tell and if I were a Red Devil things are def heading in the right direction.
Probably wouldn't matter that program is broken. But in the first season half the organization will want the guy gone and doing everything they can to undermine him to get them fired or quit

Point me in a direction I probably heard rumor also

Can't believe this thread hasn't been shut down
You should want this to continue. First time in forever, Newton-Conover is part of any relevant conversation. Why would you want it to shut down when something is stirring in Conover?

You should want this to continue. First time in forever, Newton-Conover is part of any relevant conversation. Why would you want it to shut down when something is stirring in Conover?
I'm not sure he is a NC person supposedly he only been a member for 2 weeks and banned 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: FootballThanos2023
Maybe a local coach who left for higher ground and and is green with envy for Newton flow of athletes 🤷🏼‍♂️
In my opinion, a local coach is the last thing NC needs. They need a coach with a proven track record outside the madness of Catawba County sports, parents, friends, etc. That coach is out there and is my top pick for the position; however, we will have to wait another week until the official end of football season. I think they will know by January as there are only a couple of weeks of school left in the semester. A good hire will change the direction of NC and surrounding schools that have benefited from NC transfers.

From what I'm told the top three candidates. All have ties to Catawba County in some form. Also heard that every interview was happening off campus so that nobody will be spotted on campus. And I believe in next week or 2 they have a booster meeting and it's supposed to be known by then.

Reactions: FormerDog38
In my opinion, a local coach is the last thing NC needs. They need a coach with a proven track record outside the madness of Catawba County sports, parents, friends, etc. That coach is out there and is my top pick for the position; however, we will have to wait another week until the official end of football season. I think they will know by January as there are only a couple of weeks of school left in the semester. A good hire will change the direction of NC and surrounding schools that have benefited from NC transfers.
The times they have went out of "Catawba County" the boosters and fans have ate them alive and spit them out. Whoever gets job probably will never get a far shake. Politics and broken program would take almost a miracle to fix. Newton is broken from foundation up.

Seems like someone could help get it on the right path. Would take a few years and be a process.

It would start with getting a quality coach in there and keeping the kids from leaving, especially to Maiden, Lincolnton, Bunker .....

Seems like someone could help get it on the right path. Would take a few years and be a process.

It would start with getting a quality coach in there and keeping the kids from leaving, especially to Maiden, Lincolnton, Bunker .....
But that's the catch 22 no matter what coach comes in there with the politics of that area they'll never get enough time there to fix it. One part of the community controls the purse strings the other part of the community provides the athletes and they can never agree or get along. Honestly their best bet would be to try to get bazzle back because at least he could navigate the politics

@Dadof23 we've all played our coy hands in this game. Why don't u play ur hand instead of stalling hell u started the game play your hand /info

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT