ADVERTISEMENT

Elephant in the room

jellowjackets4life2004

Aug 29, 2023
Lets address the Elephant in the room. No one else wants to talk about it so I'll be the one to say something about it. How is it that East Forsyth can get all these transfers in and when other kids want to go somewhere else their request gets denied. I mean let's be honest all the kids going to East are not getting Power 5 offers and if they do they get them before they go to East. Willard has talent every year and still cant win it all. You take him from East and put him at a Carver or Atkins and he's maybe 1 and done and looking for another job. I just don't think its fair for East to build these power teams and take kids from elsewhere. You can only play 11 at a time. You have 32 and all of them won't be playing. Someone please chime in on this.

Reactions: BusterBrown1980
OK a lot to unpack here so as a one time WSFCS coach and employee here is how I will try and answer your questions.
1. Some transfers may be denied for several reasons. 1. The school may be capped, or full. I think that would be perhaps West Forsyth or Reagan where this could occur. 2. The parent did not get the paperwork in time or the paperwork might be incomplete or there may be mistakes. These are the two main reasons for a no on transfers. I know Willert and I are friends but if I look at it from 10,000 feet I can say this about East Forsyth. They have won a ton of games in the past 10-12 years. East Forsyth has won a ton of playoff games. They have helped put a lot of kids in college. East Forsyth has won 2 state titles under Willert. And it looks like kids want to be a part of that program. Now I was at Mt. Tabor when WS Carver would rape East Forsyth. Take all their kids back in 2002-2007. So at one time JJ4L Carver was the culprit in Forsyth County . That power shift has gone to KVegas. So As a one time Parkland Head football coach I can tell you what losing players to schools in the county is like, it sucks. But that is the price of admission in Forsyth county. It has been going on for decades and will continue for the foreseeable future. Is it right or wrong who knows but it is what it is

Last edited:
Lets address the Elephant in the room. No one else wants to talk about it so I'll be the one to say something about it. How is it that East Forsyth can get all these transfers in and when other kids want to go somewhere else their request gets denied. I mean let's be honest all the kids going to East are not getting Power 5 offers and if they do they get them before they go to East. Willard has talent every year and still cant win it all. You take him from East and put him at a Carver or Atkins and he's maybe 1 and done and looking for another job. I just don't think its fair for East to build these power teams and take kids from elsewhere. You can only play 11 at a time. You have 32 and all of them won't be playing. Someone please chime in on this.
EF won the 4A title in back to back years in 2018 and 2019. Not sure where you are getting the "still cant win it all" part....

Coach, I would say most all schools have transfers, even though some will come on here and vehemently deny it.

Thoughts?
100% true. There is some sort of recruiting/ transfers going on everywhere in the state. Every county , every city every district. There are two types of coaches. 1. Those who recruit and or get transfers. 2. Those who complain about recruiting or transfers but would be more than happy to get kids. Again it is what it is. In fact in my conference one coach sent out a letter to all the other head coaches posting all the transfers that one particular school had/got. It was hysterical a waste of time. Did not change anything in fact that school just picked up a stud "transfer". So again it is what it is

Reactions: btango
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT