ADVERTISEMENT

Newton-Conover Coaching Job

West Iredell's Matt Wilson will be the next man up for the Red Devils. Straight from two N-C system people last night.
If that is the case, NC is not serious about sports. I was hoping the principal, having Iredell County ties (South Iredell), would be more serious about a hire that could have changed things for NC. Oh well...same thing happened with basketball. That hire cost them some elite players that are now playing at Hickory. NC will never learn. SMH

I have no dog in this ring but Matt Wilson did a masterful job at West. I would not under estimate what he can do at NC.
The problem in Newton is he's going to have half the community and supporters backstabbing and undermining him at the start. The politics of wanting this kid playing and not this kid. I think it could be a good job for him I just think it's a couple years early for him at that location

Reactions: FormerDog38
I have no dog in this ring but Matt Wilson did a masterful job at West. I would not under estimate what he can do at NC.
I don't have an issue with Coach Wilson as I hope he does a great job and turns NC into what they once were. My problem is with the admin that continually hires people they know and keeps everything local. They had a chance to really shake up the area creating excitement and keep kids from leaving with an "out of the box" hire. I'll drop it as I wish Coach Wilson much success. It starts with keeping kids and parents at NC...if you tackle that part, it could be a good gig.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT