ADVERTISEMENT

South Davidson names House HFC

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
After 2 with Honeycutt he will be going to Walkertown. He had some success there and done overall a great job with what he had at South Davidson n SD is in “Better” place then he came in But can the build and sustain that success ? 4 wins is the most wins they have had since 2004 which they had 4 wins.

The Biggest ? Is Who will apply and would want this job?

South Davidson is a much better place, simply because of principal Chris Adams. He gets football, and he's smart enough to give his head coach the tools to be good and get out of the way.

Hats off to Honeycutt, he did an incredible job.

If I wanted to get back into coaching, I would go after this job simply to work for the principal... that's how much I respect him.

David House one of the top assistants and current wrestling coach is a young man with good experience. I hope they consider him for the role.

Reactions: SDfan84
Yes. House loves our community, our school, our facilities and our kids. He is ALL-IN and is going to make a great Head Football Coach even with limited numbers. He also does a great job with our Wrestling program.

Glad to see admin down there taking care of the kids and current staff. Congrats Coach House and an excellent hire.

Reactions: SDfan84
Best possible hire. He knows the community and will continue to push the culture that Honeycutt began to instill. Denton is not a victim of size, that’s just a lazy excuse. House doesn’t make or accept excuses. SD will not regret this hire.

Reactions: bigtime_87
South Davidson is a much better place, simply because of principal Chris Adams. He gets football, and he's smart enough to give his head coach the tools to be good and get out of the way.

Hats off to Honeycutt, he did an incredible job.

If I wanted to get back into coaching, I would go after this job simply to work for the principal... that's how much I respect him.
100% agree with this take. Chris Adams is one of the best to ever do it (especially on the baseball field). Along with that, he ALWAYS had his football teams well-prepared and they played extremely hard for each other - and for him.

I got to know Chris fairly well back in 2017-2018 as I had two very close friends on his baseball coaching staff at the time. He is a true "Head of the Program" type of head coach and he let his assistants do their thing. The kids and the community had the highest of respect for him - I was sad to see him hang up the whistle. But, with that being said, he would be a GREAT principal to work for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT