ADVERTISEMENT

CCC 1A/2A Week 5

bigtime_87

Oct 3, 2014
Current standings overall after four weeks of Non-conference actions.

Salisbury 4-0, Thomasville 3-1, N Rowan 3-1, S Davidson 3-1, E Davidson 2-2, Lexington 2-2, W Davidson 0-4.

Salisbury remains the team to beat to win the CCC. Thomasville and N Rowan will play next weekend to secure the #1 1A seed in the playoffs out of this split 1A/2A conference. SD, Lexington and East showing improvement but will have to beat one another to finish anything higher than 4th in the CCC.

Salisbury-Thomasville: Biggest conference game of the season takes place Friday night as the Salisbury Hornets and Thomasville Bulldogs play to set the tone for who wins the CCC overall title. With realignment coming and both teams heading to different leagues/divisions it just seems wrong for them to be playing week one of conference action. This game should be the week 10 game for all the marbles. The last few seasons the Hornets have owned this series with convincing wins over the Bulldogs. Both teams are athletic, fast and have decent size. Both teams have a real fast and play making QB's and TB's. This one will come down to depth, injuries and penalties. Winner is the CCC Champ! I hope for the Dogs to go to Salisbury and get the upset W!

S Davidson 3-1 vs. N Rowan 3-1: SD has started the season at 3-1. I thought they would beat S Stanly to be 4-0 going into conference play. That lost will likely cost the Wildcats a chance to go 5-5 overall with Salisbury, Thomasvillve, N Rowan and E Davidson still on the schedule. This week they face a much improved and athletic NR team that will have too much firepower for the Wildcats to contain. NR beat a very athletic physical TW Andrews team Friday to get a good win. SD has improved and will play hard but will lose by 4-5 TD's to the Cavaliers.

Lexington 2-2 vs. East Davidson 2-2: Eagles got hammered by Ledford last week and Lexington lost a tight game to C Davidson. Both teams are 2-2 with wins over bad teams. This is a huge game for both teams as far as finish in the CCC and possible playoff action goes. East so far has shown that teams with perimeter speed can hurt them on the edge and in open field. Jackets can be pounded with limited depth on the O/D line. ED gets the close win by pounding the ball at Lexington in a hard fought game.

W Davidson 0-4 has a bye week.

I read where Deuce Walker of Salisbury has committed to Georgia State. He broke Salisbury record last Friday against Person with 86 total receptions and 10 receptions in the game against Person. He is on course of breaking the record at Salisbury with most receptions and receiving yardage in a single season.

Reactions: bigtime_87
I read where Deuce Walker of Salisbury has committed to Georgia State. He broke Salisbury record last Friday against Person with 86 total receptions and 10 receptions in the game against Person. He is on course of breaking the record at Salisbury with most receptions and receiving yardage in a single season.
Brother plays for UGA and Deuce is a great athlete. The Dogs will have to deal with him, a speedster QB and very strong RB this week. That Dogs veteran defense with 9 seniors will be tested. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, atleast I heard that in a song one time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT