ADVERTISEMENT

CCC 1A/2A Week 2 Conference Action

bigtime_87

Oct 3, 2014
Biggest game of the week features Thomasville vs. N Rowan. This one has been the battle for the #1 1A seed the last two seasons in the split 1A/2A CCC. Thomasville 3-2 is coming off a close 12-6 loss to 2A powerhouse Salisbury. NR 4-1 scored late in the game in the last minute on a long pass to beat S Davidson 20-14. This one features two athletic and traditionally strong teams with a higher playoff seed on the line. Both teams will be in the playoffs with the winner likely being a 4-5 seed and the loser a 10-12. Thomasville gets the win behind a very strong defensive effort and the offensive combo of #1 and #2 making big plays.

S Davidson-Lexington: Both teams are off to a 3-2 record halfway through the regular season. SD is looking to add another upset over the Yellow Jackets to improve their odds of a 5-5 season as they still have a date with W Davidson later in the season. Lexington has improved and has beaten a few teams this year that had been beating them including a win over E Davidson last week. The Jackets have a very fast QB and TB combo that have reeled off several 50+ yard runs this year and that is South's cryptonite. The Yellow Jackets overcome a surging Wildcats effort to go to 4-2 and improve their odds of a 2A wildcard berth from the CCC.

Salisbury-W Davidson: This one is as lopsided as a game can get. Salisbury is 5-0 and faces the winless Dragons. The Hornets win this one 60+ points later running away.

East Davidson 2-3 survives against "bye" this week to remain 2-3 on the season.

SD and Lexington are two of the best improvement stories in our part of the state hands down. I'm thrilled for both of them they deserve the sucess. It stinks they gotta play each other honestly but I expect a fun one here. I wouldn't 100% count out SD, they are very fundamentally sound and play super hard. N Roawn learnt that the hard way last week. Lexington has the speed advantage but I don't know if they got to the physical side fully yet or not, it will be a good test to see.

SD is a ton improved and I hope they continue to do well. Their strength of schedule is #65 out of 67 teams in 1A. SD lost 26-14 to S Stanly and Lexington beat them 45-6. Lexington wins this one by 3 TD's with big plays. I hope they hold onto their current coaches but why would the SD guy stay if he gets another 4-6 or a 5-5 season on the books. That is too much of a risk to expect long term success in Denton and pass up a better opportunity at a bigger school.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
NR came out in a surprise offense and got ahead early. Then held on with the Dogs shooting themselves in the foot with fumbles, bad snaps and penalties. The game got chippy and several guys got tossed from the fighting on the field. Anyone know if those are for the game or include next week?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
NR came out in a surprise offense and got ahead early. Then held on with the Dogs shooting themselves in the foot with fumbles, bad snaps and penalties. The game got chippy and several guys got tossed from the fighting on the field. Anyone know if those are for the game or include next week?
Should be next week too. I saw two for Thomasville and what appeared to be five for North Rowan.

Noticed none of our starting RBs were playing this game excluding the Robinson kid at QB. Any idea when they could come back?

Dogs clean up the snaps and stupid penalties they can have a good run. Sitting at 3-3 with close losses to 2A West RPI #3 6-0 Randleman and #8 6-0 Salisbury. Then a hard loss again Friday to 1A #3 NR that the Dogs should have won. Got to clean up the mistakes and make a run in playoffs. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT