ADVERTISEMENT

JK vs. East Duplin

Hey I'm bulldog faithful but if jk passing game has gotten better then alot of teams better be ready including Wrh and Clinton and everybody else.. which jk and Wrh has good qbs that game in two weeks gonna be one to remember...

Well Wallace just has to look toward playing Clinton nobody else ,as for that beat down last night ED recieved wow wasn't expecting that. Which Wrh offense is starting to get real scary they are starting to click like clockwork ,and the defense last week held the rb to under 100 yards,two picks ,a fumble recovery and 3 sacks on the qb,loos ks likthey are starting to figure it out coaching will be key for Wrh from here on out and defensive play ,the offense is pretty good.. like I said defense playing good but still need to turn the curve as far as response time and notice of offensive lineups as far as Reading plays according to the offensive formations..
You right blackdog. Going Saturday?

Hey I'm bulldog faithful but if jk passing game has gotten better then alot of teams better be ready including Wrh and Clinton and everybody else.. which jk and Wrh has good qbs that game in two weeks gonna be one to remember...
Passing game has improved but our ability to run the ball is what has opened it up for us. Quan Henry wasn’t able to play Week 1 but the line is blocking now and he FINALLY looks like he has got it figured out.

DC tiger that's what every team need both passing and running game one feeds off the other for years Wrh has been one dimension -Al but when they started putting the ball in the air it became really scary ,so now u can't stacked the box like alot of teams use to ,and blizting now is a after thought cause now u get burned if u do that cause both QBs mostly alot of QBs are mobile now which adds another dimension to any offense..

Basden at times can be sparatic at times but he doesn't throw alot of picks which is a good thing.. I think u gotta do both u can't abandon what u do best,but I agree u must throw the ball some.. to open up the offense which I stated Wrh offense is lethal they are clicking the line is blocking big-time and holes are gashing open..should be a fun game .tomorrow night Wrh by 3 could go either way

Reactions: Swo_05 and dogs79
DC tiger that's what every team need both passing and running game one feeds off the other for years Wrh has been one dimension -Al but when they started putting the ball in the air it became really scary ,so now u can't stacked the box like alot of teams use to ,and blizting now is a after thought cause now u get burned if u do that cause both QBs mostly alot of QBs are mobile now which adds another dimension to any offense..
I will admit I have seen the WRH offense change more than I ever thought it would over the years. Past 2 seasons WRH has been in the gun more than I ever thought I would see in a lifetime.

Basden at times can be sparatic at times but he doesn't throw alot of picks which is a good thing.. I think u gotta do both u can't abandon what u do best,but I agree u must throw the ball some.. to open up the offense which I stated Wrh offense is lethal they are clicking the line is blocking big-time and holes are gashing open..should be a fun game .tomorrow night Wrh by 3 could go either way
Really wish I could see Clinton’s front go against WRH o-line. That will be the story of the night.

Clinton has alil bit of offense ourselves...our QB may not have the stats the others have but over the last 3 games has passed the ball well when he needed too and is probably right up there as far as athletic ability goes....pretty much a RB playing QB tough runner will make plays......and of course plenty of the big boy Jalen Smith at FB and a committe approach with the RBs.......offense has been clicking glad Coach went away from that veer

Clinton has alil bit of offense ourselves...our QB may not have the stats the others have but over the last 3 games has passed the ball well when he needed too and is probably right up there as far as athletic ability goes....pretty much a RB playing QB tough runner will make plays......and of course plenty of the big boy Jalen Smith at FB and a committe approach with the RBs.......offense has been clicking glad Coach went away from that veer
I'm watching some games on Highschoolot.com, and it's ugly out there tonight. Lots and lots of fumbles. If Wallace is to get a steady dose of Jalen, he MUST hold on to the ball and stop spinning in the hole. He doesn't fumble much, but when he does, it's the worst possible timing. Glad the game is tomorrow!

I'm watching some games on Highschoolot.com, and it's ugly out there tonight. Lots and lots of fumbles. If Wallace is to get a steady dose of Jalen, he MUST hold on to the ball and stop spinning in the hole. He doesn't fumble much, but when he does, it's the worst possible timing. Glad the game is tomorrow!

Well his issue has been he is a aggressive runner due to his size he wants to fight for that extra yardage and when he does it leaves the ball vulnerable.....i dont wanna tell the young man not to fight for extra yards but he just has to make sure he keeps 2 hands on the ball and tuck it away tight......yes no spin moves Coach Lewis told him bout that when he was a sophomore

Passing game has improved but our ability to run the ball is what has opened it up for us. Quan Henry wasn’t able to play Week 1 but the line is blocking now and he FINALLY looks like he has got it figured out.

According to the JK stats the rushing game still doesn't exist you ran it 37 times for 115 yards, that's 3 yards per carry and you had 266 yards in the air. ED had 3 fumbles and 1 interception that all resulted in points for JK, You can't give any team 24 points and expect to win. JK has some athletes and Avent made the plays he needed to make even when he was running for his life. Albeit some of those passes were just thrown up in the direction of a receiver and they made the plays. In the end, probably the worst defensive performance for ED in a long, long time. Brown is still the man, he gained 173 yards on the ground himself to JK's 115. This makes it interesting for seeding only as ED won't see any ECC team in the playoffs and the Panthers need to win out to get some home playoff games because the way the 2AA shapes up there are some long trips ahead.

Reactions: Swo_05
Fair enough, we can agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with playing with emotion. It has been my experience that the more successful teams not only play with emotion but channel it in a certain way. Hand clapping in front of your opponents face, taunting fans and the opposing coaching staff are not those ways. I too was "by the fence" on the ED side and saw all of it. Never coached against JK in my career but have many friends who have and like it or not, the program does have a reputation for examples given above. Don't buy the argument that the personal foul and unsportsmanlike calls were "bogus".

JK outplayed ED and deserved to win the game. As I stated above, if they play to that level they will be tough to beat.

Oh, there is definitely a reputation with that team/fanbase... When they're around, anyway.

Reactions: Swo_05
According to the JK stats the rushing game still doesn't exist you ran it 37 times for 115 yards, that's 3 yards per carry and you had 266 yards in the air. ED had 3 fumbles and 1 interception that all resulted in points for JK, You can't give any team 24 points and expect to win. JK has some athletes and Avent made the plays he needed to make even when he was running for his life. Albeit some of those passes were just thrown up in the direction of a receiver and they made the plays. In the end, probably the worst defensive performance for ED in a long, long time. Brown is still the man, he gained 173 yards on the ground himself to JK's 115. This makes it interesting for seeding only as ED won't see any ECC team in the playoffs and the Panthers need to win out to get some home playoff games because the way the 2AA shapes up there are some long trips ahead.

You guys won't be making many trips in the playoffs this year so don't worry

Unlike ED we know how to pass the ball. We don’t need 300 rush yards to win a ball game. Run game is doing all we need it to do. Keep the defense honest and Quan was close to breaking a big one several times.

JKs passing game is something to be concerned about majority of eastern teams dont see it often and normally dont defend it well....JK definitely popping on some teams radar especially if the defense continues to play tough and they remain balance on offense

Reactions: blackbulldog
Good assesment darkhorse,but it's other teams out there that can pass and play d also . So it's gonna be interesting come playoff time for all Duplin county teams. Go DC!!

Good assesment darkhorse,but it's other teams out there that can pass and play d also . So it's gonna be interesting come playoff time for all Duplin county teams. Go DC!!

Understand, but majority of small 2A eastern teams still prefer running the ball....i can only name a few that really have true balance

If "winning the big one" means that our fans act like you or that our players garner the reputation that follows yours around, I'm good with never winning it.

Good for you because don't look like you guys "can" win it all lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT