JK 49 Kinston 26
Wrh open

This Week
South Lenoir @ East Duplin
North Lenoir @ James Kenan
Southwest Onslow open

Game of Week
Wallace Rose Hill @ Kinston
I don't really know if this is considered a game of the week, it should be, especially with all the talent that Kinston has. Jk was up 42-6 in the 4th on them Friday night. For some reason Kinston just wants to pass the ball, and hardly ever run it. This will be the Bulldogs last tune up before clashing with the undefeated, defending ECC and 2a State Champions at the Dog 🐕 Pound. Wrh 66-8

My Picks
ED 70-0
Jk 56-8

Good luck to all teams!

We all know the outcome of the games this week. Think all teams are just trying to avoid injuries. But all of a sudden that JK and SWO game next week has become very interesting too.

Yep, SWO playing decent football. We have beat tomato cans but has given the boys some confidence. SWO JK will be a dog fight I believe. JK has gotten some players healthy I've heard and some younger kids are stepping up. I've got SWO winning by 7

We all know the outcome of the games this week. Think all teams are just trying to avoid injuries. But all of a sudden that JK and SWO game next week has become very interesting too.
Very interesting indeed! With Swo coming off a bye week. Last season they hit us with some trick plays, and some stuff that we hadn't seen them do. That concerns me a bit this time around with them being improved.

Very interesting indeed! With Swo coming off a bye week. Last season they hit us with some trick plays, and some stuff that we hadn't seen them do. That concerns me a bit this time around with them being improved.
Don't think our coaches are smart enough for trick plays lol. Just 3 yards an a dust. Got three decent backs that run hard. They play two QBs, one can throw and one can run.

Don't think our coaches are smart enough for trick plays lol. Just 3 yards an a dust. Got three decent backs that run hard. They play two QBs, one can throw and one can run.
I remember those backs from their jv team last season, they're pretty good.

Reactions: Swo1980
I think ED is much better than I expected. It is not unusual for them to struggle in a game or two early in the season before coaching and reps cure some of the ills. They had every reason to expect a huge drop off from last year with the loss of a large senior class. They have proven competitive against bigger and more athletic teams in the past and that’s due to coaching. Holley and Aldridge and the rest of the crew are top notch.

I expected a lot more from WRH and still haven’t given up on them. As I have stated in previous posts, this seems to happen every few years. Hopefully Motsinger is righting the ship and they will be ready for playoffs. I can’t help but think the Clinton folks may pucker just a bit if they draw the Dogs in the playoffs. (I have ties to Sampson County as well and have followed them closely since the Lewis days - no hate for Clinton from me)

SWO looks good again this year on jv, never understood why hasn't translated to varsity.
Because it's a numbers game. Programs with a good JV team have more good players in the program. They move less players up to varsity. Also, JV is a developmental program so you play fewer players both ways. You give more kids more reps. When you get to varsity you will play your best players both ways in games that you need to. So you need less high quality depth. And then of course coaching matters.

Because it's a numbers game. Programs with a good JV team have more good players in the program. They move less players up to varsity. Also, JV is a developmental program so you play fewer players both ways. You give more kids more reps. When you get to varsity you will play your best players both ways in games that you need to. So you need less high quality depth. And then of course coaching matters.
Swo Jv been good the last 8-10 years. Will never see the fruits of the jv on varsity. For obvious reasons that’s just been case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT