ADVERTISEMENT

Hot Teams in 2A/AA Playoffs

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
Salisbury, N. Davidson, Northeastern, Hendersonville.

For those fans who believe in analytics and computers (definitely not my friend The Wiz), these are the teams that are showing the most improved play over the past several weeks. They are all on the proverbial "roll".

All but Hendersonville should win this week and all of these teams should perform better than expectations.

I know Clinton fans don't want to read this but when E. Randolph upset the Dark Horses last week it was the biggest upset of the year. Clinton was a three TD favorite and the chances of such a favorite winning are 90%+. It is extremely rare for a team to lose a two TD lead in the 4th qtr. Hats off to the lads from Randolph County.

Should be some great games Friday night.

I can't speak for the other teams but Northeastern has done a complete 180 and is playing as good or better than they were last season. Our qb has really matured and his play making decisions have helped propel us to where we are now. Hopefully we can keep this momentum going Saturday against a very good and talented Eastern Randolph team

For those fans who believe in analytics and computers (definitely not my friend The Wiz), these are the teams that are showing the most improved play over the past several weeks. They are all on the proverbial "roll".

All but Hendersonville should win this week and all of these teams should perform better than expectations.

I know Clinton fans don't want to read this but when E. Randolph upset the Dark Horses last week it was the biggest upset of the year. Clinton was a three TD favorite and the chances of such a favorite winning are 90%+. It is extremely rare for a team to lose a two TD lead in the 4th qtr. Hats off to the lads from Randolph County.

y'all need to schedule ER, with its close proximity to Reidsville, it would be good c competition. Down East if you're 1 1/2 hours away thats close proximity. ER drew 7th seed. The Rams almost got a chance to play them.. Then you'd find this prediction s, ratings etc aren't worth a nickel particularly in the playoffs

Reactions: Maiden Creek

oh by the way to make your stats, math etc exactly correct it wasn't a 14 point lead, it was a 13 point lead. Surprised you didnt know that in your figuring.

Reactions: thekidd12
y'all need to schedule ER, with its close proximity to Reidsville, it would be good c competition. Down East if you're 1 1/2 hours away thats close proximity. ER drew 7th seed. The Rams almost got a chance to play them.. Then you'd find this prediction s, ratings etc aren't worth a nickel particularly in the playoffs
Used to be in same conference...
ER will be 1A team this fall..

Why shouldn't we win?

Used to be in same conference...
ER will be 1A team this fall..
@thekidd12 No disrespect, my guy. But, how were y’all blanked by Randleman? Genuine question, and Shelby has had a couple of “head scratchers”, too.

I’m confused as well . I meant no disrespect, but randleman best player transferred to eastern Randolph.

eastern Randolph did have some covid issues

I’m confused as well . I meant no disrespect, but randleman best player transferred to eastern Randolph.

eastern Randolph did have some covid issues
Orange/blue team reloads annually. Check out some earlier posts by others and you will see what I’m talking about. ER is very young at a few very important spots, QB is a sophomore for one.
I think in a normal season, with possibly 3 non conference games many of the kinks that occurred against orange/blue would have been worked out. As I posted on another thread ER defense only allowed one drive that game. Other TD was a 15 yard pick six. Also that is THE rivalry game for both teams. Results can be funny sometimes. Don’t be fooled so much by orange/blue loss in first round. I read they lost both starting QB and RB early in that game.
Plus ER got lucky last week.

Haven’t y’all seen the power rankings???

Orange/blue team reloads annually. Check out some earlier posts by others and you will see what I’m talking about. ER is very young at a few very important spots, QB is a sophomore for one.
I think in a normal season, with possibly 3 non conference games many of the kinks that occurred against orange/blue would have been worked out. As I posted on another thread ER defense only allowed one drive that game. Other TD was a 15 yard pick six. Also that is THE rivalry game for both teams. Results can be funny sometimes. Don’t be fooled so much by orange/blue loss in first round. I read they lost both starting QB and RB early in that game.
Plus ER got lucky last week.

Haven’t y’all seen the power rankings???
No, bro. I seriously don’t actively look at the polls, power ratings, any of that, unless someone posts it, and it’s right in my face. I looked up Randleman prior to their first round game, and I was impressed. Kept hearing about how weak the 2AA East supposedly was, but noticed Randleman and St. Pauls both had kicked ass all season. Neither team has any posters on here to my knowledge, so you wouldn’t have known that. Me asking you that was no slight to them nor ER. If anything, I meant it as a slight towards 2A East, that group that Chopper called the “bubble”. They were the main ones calling 2AA East weak.

Last edited:
No, bro. I seriously don’t actively look at the polls, power ratings, any of that, unless someone posts it, and it’s right in my face. I looked up Randleman prior to their first round game, and I was impressed. Kept hearing about how weak the 2AA East supposedly was, but noticed Randleman and St. Pauls both had kicked ass all season. Neither team has any posters on here to my knowledge, so you wouldn’t have known that. Me asking you that was no slight to them nor ER. If anything, I meant it as a slight towards 2A East, that group that Chopper called the “bubble”. They were the main ones calling 2AA East weak.
Man I never take a serious question like that as a slight. I’ve read many of your posts and they often are normal reasonable communication almost like having a conversation. I thought that’s what this message board was for. To get to know teams you don’t normally see and maybe learn something. Lincolnton is the best example of a poster that I think fits that bill. However often threads turn into an episode of Jerry Springer.
Ask me anything you want. I will not be offended. You always seem to come at people correct.
Unless they piss you off but us country boys are like that too...😎

Man I never take a serious question like that as a slight. I’ve read many of your posts and they often are normal reasonable communication almost like having a conversation. I thought that’s what this message board was for. To get to know teams you don’t normally see and maybe learn something. Lincolnton is the best example of a poster that I think fits that bill. However often threads turn into an episode of Jerry Springer.
Ask me anything you want. I will not be offended. You always seem to come at people correct.
Unless they piss you off but us country boys are like that too...😎
Lincolnton is the kind of poster we should all aspire to be. And the man behind the keyboard is exactly who he seems on here.

Lincolnton is the kind of poster we should all aspire to be. And the man behind the keyboard is exactly who he seems on here.
Don’t dislike him, but I don’t like too much niceness from anyone. It often feels phony to me. I’ve seen him being overly nice on occasions to a couple of Shelby posters, but I could tell by his content in other threads, that he was pulling like hell against Shelby. I aspire to be myself on this site, but I respect all.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Don’t dislike him, but I don’t like too much niceness. It often feels phony to me. I’ve seen him being overly nice on occasions to a of Shelby posters, but could tell by his content in other threads that he was pulling like hell against Shelby. I aspire to be LA, but I respect all.
Oh, he’s genuine. But he may slide a little subtle sarcasm in on you. Most of that is directed toward a certain privileged lake crowd in a county not named Cleveland. There’s not a mean bone in his body. He’s a throwback and that is a sincere compliment.

Game moved to Hertford County High School in Ahoskie NC
Last time I was in Ahoskie, 1979. I’m sure most of you young bucks weren’t even born yet. The game was at the old HighSchool. I think the population of the city more than doubled that night. Seating for about 250 on the visitors side. I promise we had between 1500 & 2000 fans. South Points first NCHSAA state title. I’ve still got the program somewhere. In those days only conference champions went to the playoffs.

Be careful up there goob, if it turns out to be like most places, you’ll get a lot of out of town trouble makers. I just wish people would act respectfully . I’m not taking sides. I don’t know enough about it. Just, as the Bible says, “Do unto others as you would have done unto you “.

Last time I was in Ahoskie, 1979. I’m sure most of you young bucks weren’t even born yet. The game was at the old HighSchool. I think the population of the city more than doubled that night. Seating for about 250 on the visitors side. I promise we had between 1500 & 2000 fans. South Points first NCHSAA state title. I’ve still got the program somewhere. In those days only conference champions went to the playoffs.

Be careful up there goob, if it turns out to be like most places, you’ll get a lot of out of town trouble makers. I just wish people would act respectfully . I’m not taking sides. I don’t know enough about it. Just, as the Bible says, “Do unto others as you would have done unto you “.
@SPRaiders78 yes sir, I've only had trouble with people from Swo. I love meeting and watching the games with other posters from this site. When I was gambling on pool all the time I had a stakehorse out of Ahoskie. I was a senior in high school and I was going to Ahoskie every weekend and the owner of the pool room there was putting me in big money games against hustlers and drug dealers coming thru the area. It wasn't until the owner of the pool room got put in prison for drug trafficking did I quit going there. Those were some crazy times back then and ones I'll never forget. Ahoskie hasn't changed much at all probably since you went there in 79. I plan on going to the Reidsville/Wrh game and the driving back to Elizabeth City and going to Ahoskie to see our game. As of right now it's showing a 50% percent chance of showers Saturday. I hope the game doesn't get postponed

Thread Title: Hot Teams In 2A/AA Playoffs

As usual the team with at least a tie for best overall record goes unnoticed. There is a team in the western region that has a perfect 8-0 record. How can they not be considered a HOT TEAM? MOUNT PLEASANT HIGH SCHOOL TIGERS. They’ve beaten ever team they’ve faced. They might loose tonight but if I was a bettin man, my money would be on them Tigers

@SPRaiders78 yes sir, I've only had trouble with people from Swo. I love meeting and watching the games with other posters from this site. When I was gambling on pool all the time I had a stakehorse out of Ahoskie. I was a senior in high school and I was going to Ahoskie every weekend and the owner of the pool room there was putting me in big money games against hustlers and drug dealers coming thru the area. It wasn't until the owner of the pool room got put in prison for drug trafficking did I quit going there. Those were some crazy times back then and ones I'll never forget. Ahoskie hasn't changed much at all probably since you went there in 79. I plan on going to the Reidsville/Wrh game and the driving back to Elizabeth City and going to Ahoskie to see our game. As of right now it's showing a 50% percent chance of showers Saturday. I hope the game doesn't get postponed
dang, you're a real fan of the game daagoob; if I were younger I could hang with you; in younger days if the Horses weren't playing we'd go to the best game in the region, but the Wizard cant do that now. Still interested but not that drive and go.

Lion Attack, I'm with ya!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT