ADVERTISEMENT

2A TEAMS PLAYING TOUGHEST SCHEDULES

You need to do some more figuring, honestly you’re doing some erroneous figuring you don’t know where the DarkHorses would have finished the ECC regular. in 2021 nor 2022 because they only played WRH in the 2022 regular season. They didn’t lose to a very good St Paul team in 2001, it was 2021 and they beat St Paul’s in 2022. St Paul’s was a 2020 (spring 2021) State 2AA finalist.
In any event Clinton would have challenged for the ECC conference as they always had when they were allowed to play in it; having won their last 3 championships in the ECC
You are correct sir. I should have known better attempting to post something on a message board that late at night given my age and eyesight.

I mistakenly included "2001" when it should have been 2021. That was my error.

I do however base my statements on game results in both 2021 and 2022.

I will also stand behind my belief that Clinton being "voted out" was, is and always will be nonsense. Its not as if ADs and principals get together and say, "Lets vote school X out because we do not want to play them in football." ADs have to look out for other sports and the costs associated with travel among other things. I did some research on the NCHSAA website pertaining to the Wells Fargo cup which is given to the best athletic program in a conference for the school year based on points accumulated in all sports. I found that Clinton finished 2nd to East Duplin during all four years of the last realignment period. Why would they vote Clinton out? I bet ED had a lot of success against the Dark Horses in other sports (baseball, softball, track, etc..) to go along with a 2-2 record in football during the same timespan. Look at it objectively, its not as if Clinton dominated every single school in every single sport during those four years.

Congrats to Goob on bringing this up again and stirring the pot.

You are correct sir. I should have known better attempting to post something on a message board that late at night given my age and eyesight.

I will also stand behind my belief that Clinton being "voted out" was, is and always will be nonsense. Its not as if ADs and principals get together and say, "Lets vote school X out because we do not want to play them in football." ADs have to look out for other sports and the costs associated with travel among other things. I did some research on the NCHSAA website pertaining to the Wells Fargo cup which is given to the best athletic program in a conference for the school year based on points accumulated in all sports. I found that Clinton finished 2nd to East Duplin during all four years of the last realignment period. Why would they vote Clinton out? I bet ED had a lot of success against the Dark Horses in other sports (baseball, softball, track, etc..) to go along with a 2-2 record in football during the same timespan. Look at it objectively, its not as if Clinton dominated every single school in every single sport during those four years.

You simply don'tknow what you are talking about; just hating under the disguise of some kind ofexpertise

• Haha
Reactions: UNC1980Swo
I expected a better retort coming from you on that.

Feel free to disprove anything I pointed out. Everything was based on facts.

No one in Duplin or Onslow county fears Clinton High's athletic prowess. Respect yes, fear no. I guess if after next realignment and Clinton finds itself back in the same conference as the current ECC schools, it will be because they were voted "back in"? Maybe the NCHSAA pushed the agenda on a little ole rural 2A league even with all they currently have on their plate?

Go ahead, check behind me. Its all on the NCHSAA website. Then we can have a constructive conversation. Or, you can just pull your tired, old routine of putting me on ignore because I do not agree with you.

No one in Duplin or Onslow county fears Clinton High's athletic prowess. Respect yes, fear no. I guess if after next realignment and Clinton finds itself back in the same conference as the current ECC schools, it will be because they were voted "back in"? Maybe the NCHSAA pushed the agenda on a little ole rural 2A league even with all they currently have on their plate?

Go ahead, check behind me. Its all on the NCHSAA website. Then we can have a constructive conversation. Or, you can just pull your tired, old routine of putting me on ignore because I do not agree with you.

Someone stop the fight.

so long hater, don’t mind real haters but someonee trying to disguise themselves as something they’re not, I have little patience for
You came out from a couple years ago. You’ve always been a Clinton hater, nothing changed
Funny you initially said a couple decades of covering HS football, now it’s 4 decades. I think you’re a Walter Mitty wannabe. I don’t expect you to ever agree with me so why waste time. Constructive conversation after reading the association, that’s funny. They’re about to be extinct from lack of leadership

so long hater, don’t mind real haters but someonee trying to disguise themselves as something they’re not, I have little patience for
You came out from a couple years ago. You’ve always been a Clinton hater, nothing changed
Funny you initially said a couple decades of covering HS football, now it’s 4 decades. I think you’re a Walter Mitty wannabe. I don’t expect you to ever agree with me so why waste time. Constructive conversation after reading the association, that’s funny. They’re about to be extinct from lack of leadership
Facts, would you mind repeating them and sourcing them

Please make sure you read it close. Some of the totals were after the spring sports season and not cumulative point totals. Based on what is posted for the school years Fall 2017-Spring 2021 (or the last realignment prior to the current).

Also, four decades is 80s, 90s, 00s and part of the 10s. Not to nit pick but I understand I should have been more clear.

Not a Clinton hater as I already alluded to. I just find some of the constant whining and woe is me from their fanbase each time they lose due to officials, field conditions, uniforms, marching band selections and wind direction to be a bit tiresome.

I fully expect you guys to win it all in December. However, if you don't, I will sit back and enjoy the show on the boards.

https://www.nchsaa.org/wells-fargo-cup/

Per Simmons, of the 101 2A teams, these are the ones playing the toughest schedules:

1. Wallace-Rose Hill

2. Lincolnton

3. Shelby

4. Reidsville

5. Monroe

Of course, these rankings are based on computer generated stats so please cut our friend The Wiz a little slack when he might take exception. ;)

MaxPreps has robbinsville playing a tougher schedule than Reidsville or shelby

• Haha
Please make sure you read it close. Some of the totals were after the spring sports season and not cumulative point totals. Based on what is posted for the school years Fall 2017-Spring 2021 (or the last realignment prior to the current).

Also, four decades is 80s, 90s, 00s and part of the 10s. Not to nit pick but I understand I should have been more clear.

Not a Clinton hater as I already alluded to. I just find some of the constant whining and woe is me from their fanbase each time they lose due to officials, field conditions, uniforms, marching band selections and wind direction to be a bit tiresome.

I fully expect you guys to win it all in December. However, if you don't, I will sit back and enjoy the show on the boards.

https://www.nchsaa.org/wells-fargo-cup/
And what is this suppose to show that we think you should fear Clinton? Never said that, but the realignment was a vote out deal, call it whstever or however you liked
Now we get to the crux of the issue. I’ve never complained about officiating but 1 place East Duplin. It’s alway been bad alot of home cooking there. Not just my opinion, anyone that’s been there’s opinion. The only other places were Whiteville this year., and Bunn in 2015 (school got letter of apology from association on that one) I understand James Kenan got the same treatment at Whiteville this year.. I thought it odd that JK only scored on 7 points there when they scored 80 on Midway the week before and 40 something on East Bladen but only 7 points at Whiteville. There is bad officiating at places. You never heard me say a word about officiating at Clinton’s loss to ED last year, the Horse's went for the win and didn’t make it but year before last 2021, the game was just taken away from Clinton, that’s all there is to say. That probably offends you but that’s the way it’s is. I don’t give.a crap about any Wahovia Cup or Well Fargo, First Citizen or anything else. You can stand by your premise but you’re wrong. You’re a hater and always have been . Probably on one of those 80’s 90’s 2000 team got their arse handed to them regularly by the Horses and still haven’t got over it.
Glad to know you are predicting a DarkHorse championship but we’ve already developed an opinion on that. Still for a program that’s won 5 state football championships in 10 state championship appearances I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. Just going to enjoy watching them play

Again, wrong about what??? So by your rationale if Clinton finds itself back in a conference with WRH, JK, ED and SWO it will be because those schools voted them back in?? Cant have it both ways.

I guess the Lenoir County schools might vote to leave the current ECC based on their football results while turning a blind eye to their successes in cross country, basketball, baseball, volleyball and softball over the last 2.5 years.

In any event, will be interesting to see how things shake out. Also plenty of entertainment watching you spin conspiracy theories about computers and RPI ratings as we get closer to playoff time.

Again, I really, really hope for the sanity in the Clinton city school district (and beyond those borders...wink, wink) that the "U" wins it all this year. The meltdown should that not happen will be epic.

Hoping WRH players and coaches are reading these boards and seeing everyone has written them off, Clinton has one of the best teams in recent history but I would not write of WRH just yet.
I don't think anyone in Duplin County has written Wallace off. Others may have but not here. I expect the same game in three weeks it always is.

Again, wrong about what??? So by your rationale if Clinton finds itself back in a conference with WRH, JK, ED and SWO it will be because those schools voted them back in?? Cant have it both ways.

I guess the Lenoir County schools might vote to leave the current ECC based on their football results while turning a blind eye to their successes in cross country, basketball, baseball, volleyball and softball over the last 2.5 years.

In any event, will be interesting to see how things shake out. Also plenty of entertainment watching you spin conspiracy theories about computers and RPI ratings as we get closer to playoff time.

Again, I really, really hope for the sanity in the Clinton city school district (and beyond those borders...wink, wink) that the "U" wins it all this year. The meltdown should that not happen will be epic.
Wrong about everything! No conspiracy theory. It’s reality. You’re a Clinton hater and always will be
Cross country etc, this is a football message board. That has no basis other than their automatic wins in football . The ECC was once a certain competitive conference possibly the best 2A conference top to bottom in the state, it was competitive but folks didn’t want that. They wanted a 3 team conference and they got what the wanted .Any village idiot will tell you high school or college football drives the interest and the $$$$$$ talking about the other sports on a football message board. Now that’s funny.

Wrong about everything! No conspiracy theory. It’s reality. You’re a Clinton hater and always will be
Cross country etc, this is a football message board. That has no basis other than their automatic wins in football . The ECC was once a certain competitive conference possibly the best 2A conference top to bottom in the state, it was competitive but folks didn’t want that. They wanted a 3 team conference and they got what the wanted .Any village idiot will tell you high school or college football drives the interest and the $$$$$$ talking about the other sports on a football message board. Now that’s funny.
Just look how good the ECC would’ve been this year if they hadn’t of kicked Clinton out. They most likely would’ve produced back to back state champions in East Duplin and Clinton.

What BS? I literally said that you’re free to celebrate your team however you want. You can even say anything you want. But don’t cry about it when the chickens come home to roost.
It want be by Ed I know that much

Just look how good the ECC would’ve been this year if they hadn’t of kicked Clinton out. They most likely would’ve produced back to back state champions in East Duplin and Clinton.
2017 the ECC sent two teams to state championship games. 2A WRH won the state championship and ED was runner up in 2AA. Oh, Clinton finished 3rd in the ECC, went 6-6 overall, lost in 2nd round of playoffs.

Both WRH and ED have gone back to state championship games since with ED winning their first championship last December. Clinton has made one regional final with a first round exit, two second round outs and a third round loss under the current regime.

I really, really hope for a few posters sake that those results improve this year in the playoffs. If not, it will be a site to behold.

• Haha
Utter nonsense but not going to keep beating a "dead horse".

In any event, maybe for Clinton it was a good thing they went to the other conference. OF course they were runner up to St Pauls in 2001, a year they also lost to East Duplin in the playoffs. I figure they probably finish 3rd in the ECC in 21. In 2022 I guess they would have finished 3rd again after losing to both WRH (regular season) and ED in playoffs.
But yet still won the conference 3 years in a row before leaving lol

2017 the ECC sent two teams to state championship games. 2A WRH won the state championship and ED was runner up in 2AA. Oh, Clinton finished 3rd in the ECC, went 6-6 overall, lost in 2nd round of playoffs.

Both WRH and ED have gone back to state championship games since with ED winning their first championship last December. Clinton has made one regional final with a first round exit, two second round outs and a third round loss under the current regime.

I really, really hope for a few posters sake that those results improve this year in the playoffs. If not, it will be a site to behold.
And should the U get beat out in the playoffs by an ECC team, Wiz and a few more will lose their $hit, I mean mind🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don't act like Ed has been winning ships like that withb the 1 n only ship they have lol

Reactions: Wizard of the East

I believe they’ll be hosting the Eastern Championship with an opponent to be determined.

Who got the all time series? If I'm not mistaken Clinton has won the head to head battle with ed.

I believe you’d tell a lie in a minute about your hopes and wishes

yep the Hirse had a tough couple years in 2017

yep Horses beat WRH in 2018 and beat ED and WRH in 2019 and then the vote occurred. In the spring 2021 season Clinton beat WRH again
Clinton will gladly relish their history against WRH and ED and their playoff record over the yearsAint nothing over in Duplin County being envied!!!!!

yep Horses beat WRH in 2018 and beat ED and WRH in 2019 and then the vote occurred. In the spring 2021 season Clinton beat WRH and ED again
Clinton will gladly relish their history against WRH and ED and their playoff record over the years Nothing over in Duplin County being envied!!!!!
If you can beat’em vite’em out!!!!

yep Horses beat WRH in 2018 and beat ED and WRH in 2019 and then the vote occurred. In the spring 2021 season Clinton beat WRH again
Clinton will gladly relish their history against WRH and ED and their playoff record over the yearsAint nothing over in Duplin County being envied!!!!!

yep Horses beat WRH in 2018 and beat ED and WRH in 2019 and then the vote occurred. In the spring 2021 season Clinton beat WRH and ED again
Clinton will gladly relish their history against WRH and ED and their playoff record over the years Nothing over in Duplin County being envied!!!!!

Happy fingers. Is this English? Calm down lol The U is back and better win state by 40+.... with all them Alabama and Georgia recruits showing up at Clinton UUUUUUUUU

7 of 11 ships

Grave injustice

• Haha
No, but I'm not up here complaining. If you were not there then you don't know how things happen. People can tell you a lot of BS and claim it to be the truth!
Glad you’ve enlightened me so; mainly you don’t know crap just on here staring the pot
So you actually think the association made a connference realignment without the input of member schools ? Yea right, pretty gullible

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT