ADVERTISEMENT

Grimsley at Weddington on Black Friday

You can have a record of dominance in the playoffs and not win with dominance. Those are two separate things. Grimsley playoff record reflects dominance absolutely. No one has to win with dominance though just win!! Playoffs is about survival be it by 1 or 100.

You heard they got robbed not 1 call . Then they just a TD awat fromTA 😂highway fukkn robberyvatvits finest ! Losjng is aort of the game ! As ling as its fair

Great game have a safe trip home ! I just have to address the one expert scouting report on this thread that “ we wouldn’t run up the middle”. I laughed all week knowing that’s all we would do. Our group of little no -star rb’s ran right up the gut all night long . Hats off to 22 for Grimsley. He’s a really good rb

I took a lot of flack for saying as long as Grimsley didn’t have a playoff defense they’d have to outscore people. If they didn’t it would come back to bite them. Last year it happened against New Bern. They gave up 0 points round 1, 24 against Sun Valley in round 2, 35 against Hough in round 3 now 44 against Weddington in round 4. Whatever they’re doing apparently works for them during the regular season with their relatively weak schedule. It’s not working against higher level playoff caliber competition. Grimsley has had a very good offense the last two seasons. Defense has let them down in the playoffs. It came back to bite them again against Weddington. For the second year in a row Grimsley’s defense has possibly denied them state titles. With their offense and a top defense to go along with it, they possibly would be back to back champs. I guess Weddington deserved the top seed. Now if Weddington could put together a decent NFHS network production.

Last edited:
I took a lot of flack for saying as long as Grimsley didn’t have a playoff defense they’d have to outscore people. If they didn’t it would come back to bite them. Last year it happened against New Bern. They gave up 0 points round 1, 24 against Sun Valley in round 2, 35 against Hough in round 3 now 44 against Weddington in round 4. Whatever they’re doing apparently works for them during the regular season with their relatively weak schedule. It’s not working against higher level playoff caliber competition. Grimsley has had a very good offense the last two seasons. Defense has let them down in the playoffs. It came back to bite them again against Weddington. For the second year in a row Grimsley’s defense has possibly denied them state titles. With their offense and a top defense to go along with it, they possibly would be back to back champs. I guess Weddington deserved the top seed. Now if Weddington could put together a decent NFHS network production.
Norman weeks retired

Congratulations to Weddington for the win. I had picked Grimsley to win it. I wasn’t surprised Weddington won but I thought the game might been closer than what it was.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
i am so impressed with what i saw from weddington tonight first hand.
A total complete second half ass wooping of Grimsley. No need to analyze this or that just complete domination of the whirlies.
Glad you could make it. We were really 1 dimensional tonight. The kind of night that other teams go away thinking how did they beat us like that. Well that’s Weddington! We don’t impress you getting off the bus or warmup’s…just executing

Seems like the last 4 years Grimsley has been loaded with 4 and 5 star D1 players and they keep falling short?.... Zero excuses for not getting the ring in this years bracket. Weddington was the much tougher team!

If Grimsley couldn’t win it all with this team, they never will. (Fall regular season championships).

Reactions: reddawg01
Seems like the last 4 years Grimsley has been loaded with 4 and 5 star D1 players and they keep falling short?.... Zero excuses for not getting the ring in this years bracket. Weddington was the much tougher team!
Caught the Hough bug.
Contractors don't have the same team chemistry as a "normal" squad.

Your analysis is worth a pack of nabs, hater. I think Weddington deserves a ton of credit.

Reactions: onioncfb
All I have to say is I’m glad I’m not a betting man this week I would have lost some money. Weddington…. Put a whooping on Grimsley.
Sometimes in football things go south quickly, especially against good teams. Weddington took 2nd half kickoff and were forced to punt. Whirlies up 20-14 with the ball. I thought it was a wrap. Great season for Grimsley with some fine young men. 49-2 record for this Senior Class.

#34 for Weddington the RB…Does he have any offers…Watched them a few times on YouTube and he always stands out to me…

Your bias when it comes to them ! The hate is unreal from some of these post & the be honest with you ! What team doesnt have transfers ! . Ok they lost last year ! Then again when you use ringers (cheaters) the playing field isnt equal. Fact for you if they run the table again thats means they have been to the big game 3x in the last 4yrs . You and Warhead1 I dont know whos the worst. He mad cause grimsley winning ! You mad because they winning . Happy Thanksgiving Clown .🤣
Lick your wounds. A good season. A good multi-year run. However, no banners for just being "dominant." Time to go into the portal and reload for next year.

#34 for Weddington the RB…Does he have any offers…Watched them a few times on YouTube and he always stands out to me…
Doubt it. He’s a JR . Doesn’t have the measureables or pass the eye test. Just a really hard worker and hard runner. For the most part that’s the type of kid the program has been built on. He could probably find somewhere to play if that’s what he chooses to do.

Seeing that RB for Weddington run through Grimsley is not a shocker. I said it before Grimsley played Hough that Grimsley’s linebackers weren’t that good and Grimsley also is without their best defensive player from last season imo, which was Bryce Davis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT