ADVERTISEMENT

Hough at Grimsley: 3rd Round

Honda was the same way when James Summers and Page HS ran roughshod all through the Charlotte teams. It's a Triad thing, he hates the Triad going back to when I told him... on this site that the Triad has shifted "State Championships" away from Charlotte with Page & James Summers, The Page Title, The East Forsyth back to back Titles, The Grimsley Title... the tide has shifted to the Triad somewhat but not completely...Not yet...still working on it.
I can tell you guys either don't read or don't remember many of the threads on here. I've already said in another comment on another thread last week, that the time of Charlotte teams dominating things like they did with Knotts at Independence, Newsome and Hales at Butler and Palmieri at Mallard Creek was over. Once again, and this is getting tiresome, I don't have a team in these fights. I'm not even from North Carolina. So, no, poor CPC, I don't hate the Triad. I don't know that much about the Triad and have spent hardly any time there. Frankly, I couldn't care less about the Triad. But fans (fanatics) have to have an enemy to fight. Oh by the way, CPC, get your facts straight. Page had to come from behind against Butler and Mallard Creek. Did they win those games? Of course they did. That was a great feat for them. But did they run roughshod over them? Hardly.

I can tell you guys either don't read or don't remember many of the threads on here. I've already said in another comment on another thread last week, that the time of Charlotte teams dominating things like they did with Knotts at Independence, Newsome and Hales at Butler and Palmieri at Mallard Creek was over. Once again, and this is getting tiresome, I don't have a team in these fights. I'm not even from North Carolina. So, no, poor CPC, I don't hate the Triad. I don't know that much about the Triad and have spent hardly any time there. Frankly, I couldn't care less about the Triad. But fans (fanatics) have to have an enemy to fight. Oh by the way, CPC, get your facts straight. Page had to come from behind against Butler and Mallard Creek. Did they win those games? Of course they did. That was a great feat for them. But did they run roughshod over them? Hardly.
Not sure if you were actually at the games. But Page absolutely dominated Butler for 2 1/2 quarters and basically scored 5 touchdowns unanswered, knocking multiple kids out of the game on big thumping blocks and hits jarring balls loose. The Mallard Creek game was a bit more evenly matched, but it was much of the same. Page dominated the 2nd half. It wasn't nearly as close as the scores indicated.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Not sure if you were actually at the games. But Page absolutely dominated Butler for 2 1/2 quarters and basically scored 5 touchdowns unanswered, knocking multiple kids out of the game on big thumping blocks and hits jarring balls loose. The Mallard Creek game was a bit more evenly matched, but it was much of the same. Page dominated the 2nd half. It wasn't nearly as close as the scores indicated.
ok

Reactions: PagePirates44
I will give Page credit for winning the game against Butler but lets not get delusional. Butler was winning the game until Page tied it with 5 minutes left in the third quarter. Butler was winning for most of the game. You can pull it up on YouTube. Now Page definitely made adjustments and had momentum but it was a tight game until Page pulled away in the fourth. Page had an incredible run that year no doubt.

Reactions: PagePirates44
I will give Page credit for winning the game against Butler but lets not get delusional. Butler was winning the game until Page tied it with 5 minutes left in the third quarter. Butler was winning for most of the game. You can pull it up on YouTube. Now Page definitely made adjustments and had momentum but it was a tight game until Page pulled away in the fourth. Page had an incredible run that year no doubt.
They had the lead and the score looked tight but the play on the field was Page dominating. Page started surging the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter. A big strip sack of Ferguson on Bulter's last possession of the 2nd quarter really gave Page some belief. Page scored 5 unanswered touchdowns and laid wood in the 2nd half. Turning Butler over 4 more times.

I know the game is up on YouTube. It solidifies what I'm saying.

There was also a jump ball play in the end zone, Ferguson vs Summers, and Summers outjumped him and went up and pulled down the INT. Can't find it on that youtube channel.

Last edited:
Those 2 kids were not typical east kids if that makes sense. #8 played JV at Grimsley came to EF for 1 yr and went back to Grimsley after he got offers. I also don't think he's received any new offers since going back to Grimsley or I haven't heard of any. Maybe some smaller offers?. Hatcher moved to East Forsyth from Raleigh/Cary area. From what I've heard his dad has moved him every year so who knows?
The question is, why are kids leaving East Forsyth for Grimsley?
Those to kids left for reasons the staff at East would never tell u the truth about I know one of these parents personally certain things he won’t tolerate there two sides to these coaches the one they portray in public an the real person they are when nobody’s looking!!! Trust that wasn’t a football decision it was an environment change decision yes those guys haven’t got to much recruiting momentum at Grimsley that let’s u know they are not strong as the public thinks you just said it 2 power 5 dudes with no momentum going to Grimsley!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT