ADVERTISEMENT

Hough at Grimsley: 3rd Round

Great game I must say .Both teams loaded with talent ! Definitely a heavyweight fight type feel. Hough played well, Grimsley showed that schedule dont matter . Hough had them down 3x and Grimsley came back each time ! Hough came out first series & made grimsley punt other then that grimsley made the adjustments to win . Got a game changing 4&2 stop , then tied it up again. Hough had a tough time running the ball up the middle . Hough bread & butter was a 10 yard out play ! Grimsley walked the DB's up even played zone ! I looked for hough to adjust they didnt . Grimsley gave hough a line up they never seen before and it was down hill from there . They took the out route away & that forced them to throw more under pressure then they wanted too. Hough scored on a kickoff late . But Grimsley already figure the game plan out . The coaching played a big part in the grimsley win . Great game all around by both teams .

Here we go. Grimsley doing the same thing they did last year…having to outscore their opponents. Sun Valley 24 points against Grimsley. Hough 35 points. If not careful, it’s going to come back to bite them Like it did last year. But congrats to Grimsley for winning the transfer portal bowl. Two years in a row they beat Hough in Greensboro. Grimsley has provided the formula. Instead of playing a tougher schedule, play a weak schedule, beat the opponent’s brains out and get a top 4 seeding. Then you get most of your playoff games at home.
Grimsley beating Hough last year surprised me, this year not so much. I thought Hough was good but Grimsley was better. I was shocked Hough scored as much as they did because they are an average offense compared to a Weddington. Grimsley is really explosive so hats off to them

Reactions: ecu424
Here we go. Grimsley doing the same thing they did last year…having to outscore their opponents. Sun Valley 24 points against Grimsley. Hough 35 points. If not careful, it’s going to come back to bite them Like it did last year. But congrats to Grimsley for winning the transfer portal bowl. Two years in a row they beat Hough in Greensboro. Grimsley has provided the formula. Instead of playing a tougher schedule, play a weak schedule, beat the opponent’s brains out and get a top 4 seeding. Then you get most of your playoff games at home.
Salty! Hope your team lives up to your expectations.

Weddington lost 2 games this year including the last regular season game & still got a #1 seed . I like to see how they match up across the board here. You expect them guys to give up pts to hough a solid team . My Question now is how do you game plan for a team that just beat possible the best team in the 704 & showed they can take a punch and keep coming . Match ups DL vs OL , WR vs DB . Weddington seems to have trouble with the good teams ! Grimsley gave up 35pts the most all season to a good hough team thats expected . The key here is how they adjusted & used Hough strength against them . Weddington has Keenan Jackson a good WR, A decent QB and how else ???? They can play like Hough did & get burnt deep or #22 can gash them ! Secondary seems to turn teams over all season . LB #24 has gotten better every game this season . I expect this to be a good half of football in Matthews black friday .

Grimsley depth wore Hough down. Late 100 KO return made the score look closer than it was. Hough was a really strong team for a half. Halftime coaching adjustments were huge.

Going to be tough for Grimsley to get through Weddington next and followed up by Butler possibly. I think it’s likely they lose one of those games. Butler is really the one I think that’ll do it.

Going to be tough for Grimsley to get through Weddington next and followed up by Butler possibly. I think it’s likely they lose one of those games. Butler is really the one I think that’ll do it.
If anything I think it would be Butler. I just don't see them being able to outscore Grimsley. And Weddingtons defense is not better than Houghs.

I think Grimsley is the best team in the state. Doesn't mean they can't lose, but I don't see them running into another New Bern like last year.

Butler will have to come to Grimsley. At this point it is win and advance.

who can stop the 2 4⭐️ Wr for Grimsley . Weddington QB doesnt like throwing on the run, Weddington uses a moving pocket becsuse they dont trust there OL . How will weddington guard the DL for Grimsley . They showed against Hough last night nothing coming up the middle ! #77 for Hough held the DT all not night and he still made plays ! Secondary for Grimsley better then Average they have length. Coming a win like that last night ! Grimsley is a dangerous team on defense & offense . Grimsley beat hough the exact same way hough beat E.Forysth last here .

I think the game ball last night goes to Grimsley’s O Line. Hough has some absolute wreckers on D, that routinely get into the backfield and cause trouble. They were mostly neutralized last night. They also set up those big runs very well.

I think the game ball last night goes to Grimsley’s O Line. Hough has some absolute wreckers on D, that routinely get into the backfield and cause trouble. They were mostly neutralized last night. They also set up those big runs very well.
I was at the game last night and the referees missed a ton of holding calls ! That was noticable but disnt call it ! The Defense didnt complain and kept playing it . Hough sent pressure often early and in the first possesion for Grimsley sent a all out blitz that got home #2 for hough was a non factor off the edge, Hough defense showed the ability to close holes fast & rally to the ball . Grimsley was a different team after halftime ....

I was at the game last night and the referees missed a ton of holding calls ! That was noticable but disnt call it ! The Defense didnt complain and kept playing it . Hough sent pressure often early and in the first possesion for Grimsley sent a all out blitz that got home #2 for hough was a non factor off the edge, Hough defense showed the ability to close holes fast & rally to the ball . Grimsley was a different team after halftime ....
Yeah the refs missed some holding calls, and the one little mishap where they ruled Grimsley TD when the runner was about 2 yds away from the goal line. Oh well, mistakes happen.

Yeah the refs missed some holding calls, and the one little mishap where they ruled Grimsley TD when the runner was about 2 yds away from the goal line. Oh well, mistakes happen.
Yes, they missed calls both ways but overall I thought they were a clean crew.

I have no dog in this particular fight but c’mon. NC has to improve officiating. This type of stuff has happened all year. It’s been atrocious at times.

• Wow
Reactions: PagePirates44
He was the same way with Page back in 2011. Thought we werent good enough to beat Butler and Mallard Creek. and that we played a weak schedule and had an unfair advantage being the #1 seed playing at home. Same song different dance.
LIttle bit different. You guys had some defense. What has Page done since Sommers left? Also I don't think you guys were a transfer portal school like Hough and Grimsley. Wow! What I said must have really impacted you, if you still remember and mention it after all these years. 2011? That's 12 years! Good grief!

• Haha
Reactions: PagePirates44
He was the same way with Page back in 2011. Thought we werent good enough to beat Butler and Mallard Creek. and that we played a weak schedule and had an unfair advantage being the #1 seed playing at home. Same song different dance.
Oh, the bitter taste of defeat

Oh, the bitter taste of defeat
LOL.....I've said something over and over and over again but you boys don't seem to listen to it, get it or understand it. Let me put it in all caps for you so maybe, just maybe this time you'll understand. I HAVE NO DOG IN THE FIGHT. i NEVER HAVE. I'M NOT EVEN FROM NORTH CAROLINA. Though i have opinions like everyone else, I really don't care and especially don't give a rat's rear who wins these games. This was no defeat for me. I picked Grimsly to win last night. Check out my predictions. Oh, by the way....did I tell you I have no dog in the fight? I thought so. From what I've read from some on this site this year and before, the two best transfer portal teams played last night. Someone asked if last night's game was the real state championship game. Nah....Hough's not even the best team in the Charlotte area. One of them, but not the best one.

LIttle bit different. You guys had some defense. What has Page done since Sommers left? Also I don't think you guys were a transfer portal school like Hough and Grimsley. Wow! What I said must have really impacted you, if you still remember and mention it after all these years. 2011? That's 12 years! Good grief!
Page went to back to back 4AA state title games in 16 and 17.

It was on 2nd down, and they had yet to keep them out of the end zone the whole game. They would’ve scored..whoever posted that video gave no contex..
What difference does that make? It was a horrible call. Not saying it 100% determined the final outcome, but I don’t think any team wants to be on the bad end of awful call. Especially for the 2nd year in a row at the same stadium.

The bitter cries of defeat. Hough is a talented team but in my observation but I did not get the feel that were a team.

It did not seem they were playing for another as much as Grimsley. Looked more like a collection of players trying to get offers. Coaching schemes were solid, but I just didn’t feel the heart.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
What difference does that make? It was a horrible call. Not saying it 100% determined the final outcome, but I don’t think any team wants to be on the bad end of awful call. Especially for the 2nd year in a row at the same stadium.
😂 they would have scored on the next play, please stop

Honda not fonda of the Whirlies. Ever.
They more we are great, the more they hate.
Honda was the same way when James Summers and Page HS ran roughshod all through the Charlotte teams. It's a Triad thing, he hates the Triad going back to when I told him... on this site that the Triad has shifted "State Championships" away from Charlotte with Page & James Summers, The Page Title, The East Forsyth back to back Titles, The Grimsley Title... the tide has shifted to the Triad somewhat but not completely...Not yet...still working on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RammanuelKant
It is a strange belief that many people have that somehow the something in the water or soil makes them produce better athletes and coaches than the next place down the road. I have been on here as a Reidsville and Grimsley fan for 20 years and he has always been Triad salty.

North Central NC = Mt. Airy, Reidsville, Dudley and Grimsley could sweep all four classifications. Must be something in the water!

The bitter cries of defeat. Hough is a talented team but in my observation but I did not get the feel that were a team.

It did not seem they were playing for another as much as Grimsley. Looked more like a collection of players trying to get offers. Coaching schemes were solid, but I just didn’t feel the heart.
How does one evaluate that ?

How does one evaluate that ?
Just a feeling you get watching a team warmup, how they react after a play. Do they help teammates up off the ground? Do they celebrate their good plays but rarely those of their teammates? I could easily be wrong but I didn’t feel the vibe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT