ADVERTISEMENT

Hough at Grimsley: 3rd Round

RammanuelKant

Aug 27, 2006
What are the keys to this game? Grimsley can run and throw with lethal effectiveness. They have an opportunistic defense which gives up less than 10 points per game.

Hough seems solid, well balanced and not prone to mistakes.

Like I said in the other thread. Big parts of me doubt Hough can score enough points to keep up with the Whirlies. Hough will need to get some turnovers and muddy the game up alittle bit to stay in this one. If they can, it could be close, much like last season. If not, I see a 35-20 type score.

This should be the best game going on in the state. I wonder if this game could end up similar like last year. I be interested just to know how many fans will be at this game. Should be a good one.
Depending how well Hough travels, I am thinking at least 5k. Grimsley side will approach being full and Jamieson seats 10k.
Dudley at home vs. Robinson in 3A may dampen attendance.

Like I said in the other thread. Big parts of me doubt Hough can score enough points to keep up with the Whirlies. Hough will need to get some turnovers and muddy the game up alittle bit to stay in this one. If they can, it could be close, much like last season. If not, I see a 35-20 type score.
Exactly how I feel about it.

Someone asked earlier this season if this years version of Grimsley is better compared to last years. I think it's safe to say, yes. They are more balanced on offense, and don't rely on the QB scramble bail out. Although, verdict might still be out on just how good the defense is. Still yet to be tested, imo.

Someone asked earlier this season if this years version of Grimsley is better compared to last years. I think it's safe to say, yes. They are more balanced on offense, and don't rely on the QB scramble bail out. Although, verdict might still be out on just how good the defense is. Still yet to be tested, imo.
Rolesville with Braden Atkinson, Von Moore and Alford tested the Grimsley defense, who gave up 34 points, but the offense put up 63. Rolesville has 2nd best offense in state.

Guess who has the best?

Reactions: ecu424 and CPC4LIFE
Somebody let it slip on a playoff game preview show that “Grimsley has the city of Greensboro playing for them” which had some laughs. If I am Weddington I would love this, let Hough/Grimsley beat the crap out of each other then get the winner at home.

This will be the best team Grimsley has faced… I like them in an offensive shootout 38-31.

Reactions: ecu424
This will be the best team Grimsley has faced… I like them in an offensive shootout 38-31.
Don’t forget this was a 9-7 contest through 3 quarters last season. I don’t think Hough is built to win an offensive shootout.

I do see Hough’s D clamping down and them win by controlling the clock, effectively running the ball, and FG’s coming into play.

19-17 Hough

Reactions: New3ra
The best player on the field will be the kicker from Hough. The less they score the less of a weapon he is. If this is a tight game he could be the difference maker.

Did one of Hough’s best players play at East Forsyth last season? Correction: Grimsley.

Last edited:
I just got to ask because I don't know that part of state but how hard was grimsley schedule? I feel like hough had the harder schedule

Reactions: Warhead1
Two players that transferred from EF to Grimsley are both power 5 D1 defensive players.

Keenan Hatcher #98 DT 6'3" 310lbs and can move like a guy who's 250.

Khristian Tyson #8 SS 6'3" 190lbs very athletic really good ball skills and the speed to score on INTs

Both left East after Spring Ball.

I just got to ask because I don't know that part of state but how hard was grimsley schedule? I feel like hough had the harder schedule
Grimsley hasn't played a half wat decent team in since the beginning of September. The teams they played were awful and I don't any of them finish top 4 in the CPC

Glancing at Calpreps ratings:

Grimsley (12-0)
SOS Rating: 9.6
Opp. W/L: 65-65
# of Opp. ranked above 4000: 6
# of Opp. ranked below 2000: 2

Hough (11-1)
SOS Rating: 19.1
Opp. W/L: 75-60
# of Opp. ranked above 4000: 4
# of Opp. ranked below 2000: 5

Two players that transferred from EF to Grimsley are both power 5 D1 defensive players.

Keenan Hatcher #98 DT 6'3" 310lbs and can move like a guy who's 250.

Khristian Tyson #8 SS 6'3" 190lbs very athletic really good ball skills and the speed to score on INTs

Both left East after Spring Ball.
The question is, why are kids leaving East Forsyth for Grimsley?

Reactions: New3ra
It was only those 2. A couple others I'm hearing may leave because they have a lot returning along with the undefeated JV who was as big but more athletic than the varsity. Some kids don't want to wait to play. The 2 Grimsley got was a different situation.

It was only those 2. A couple others I'm hearing may leave because they have a lot returning along with the undefeated JV who was as big but more athletic than the varsity. Some kids don't want to wait to play. The 2 Grimsley got was a different situation.
I think one of the two played JV at Grimsley before a year at EF.

Reactions: Veejay4
Grimsley has players. Hough has players. Both teams have plenty of skilled players. The good part about playing a soft schedule is the team is probably healthy and rested. The down side is in the trenches. If all you have played are average or below average teams then you are probably not going to see a lot of defenses with nice stunts and blitz packages and high end blocking schemes. It is hard to get use to that without playing against it. There is a lot of timing and pre snap understanding. I know Hough is usually a very good defensive team. I would think they will have some nice stunts annd twists and blitzes packages that they run well. Will Grimsley be about to pick it up quickly and adjust. If Hough is good upfront on offense and their big guys can get out to the second level and Grimsley isnt use to that it will cause trouble. If Hough is going to win, they will need to win on the O and D lines.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Those 2 kids were not typical east kids if that makes sense. #8 played JV at Grimsley came to EF for 1 yr and went back to Grimsley after he got offers. I also don't think he's received any new offers since going back to Grimsley or I haven't heard of any. Maybe some smaller offers?. Hatcher moved to East Forsyth from Raleigh/Cary area. From what I've heard his dad has moved him every year so who knows?

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Those 2 kids were not typical east kids if that makes sense. #8 played JV at Grimsley came to EF for 1 yr and went back to Grimsley after he got offers. I also don't think he's received any new offers since going back to Grimsley or I haven't heard of any. Maybe some smaller offers?. Hatcher moved to East Forsyth from Raleigh/Cary area. From what I've heard his dad has moved him every year so who knows?
Ahh one of those parents that shops their kid around to the best program in the area. You hate to see it.

Hope this helps silence some of the portal potty mouths

Reactions: ecu424 and Warhead1
2 kids is a drop in the bucket of what Grimsley has gotten. This doesn't change much...
I guess that’s my gripe with Grimsley, if they are going field that talented roster, they should be playing some out of state teams. I will give Hough credit for doing that.

Reactions: Trufacts100
2 kids is a drop in the bucket of what Grimsley has gotten. This doesn't change much...
How big is the bucket? If two kids are a ‘drop’. Give it a rest. If Page were in the 3rd round of the playoffs, most true 336 fans would pull for the Pirates, including myself. It appears somebody needs to be weaned from the teat of bitterness.

Reactions: Veejay4 and ecu424
How big is the bucket? If two kids are a ‘drop’. Give it a rest. If Page were in the 3rd round of the playoffs, most true 336 fans would pull for the Pirates, including myself. It appears somebody needs to be weaned from the teat of bitterness.
I never said I wasnt pulling for Grimsley. I'm just not pulling for the way they do things over there.

This should be the best game going on in the state. I wonder if this game could end up similar like last year. I be interested just to know how many fans will be at this game. Should be a good one.

Depending how well Hough travels, I am thinking at least 5k. Grimsley side will approach being full and Jamieson seats 10k.
Dudley at home vs. Robinson in 3A may dampen attendance.
I do think the Grimsley Side will be full outside of the top of the end sections. Hough didn't bring as many people as you would think last year.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Somebody let it slip on a playoff game preview show that “Grimsley has the city of Greensboro playing for them” which had some laughs. If I am Weddington I would love this, let Hough/Grimsley beat the crap out of each other then get the winner at home.
We have Dudley in Greensboro. They have enough talent to win 3A just about every year. East Forsyth is 15 minutes west.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT