ADVERTISEMENT

Grimsley at Weddington on Black Friday

Off topic but just curious….. do Grimsley and Dudley ever play ?
We used to be in same 4A conference until last realignment, along with Greensboro Smith, but in 2019 we went to an 8 team Metro 4A while they went down to 3A. We try to play Forsyth and Wake area teams out of conference. Power teams in same area want to avoid early season losses. Reidsville would die to play Dudley a/o Grimsley, but who would risk a loss to a 2A school?

Grimsley and Dudley did scrimmage in 2022 and it was electric! Dudley QB played JV two years at Grimsley before transferring to Dudley, where the portal is always active and open.

Last edited:
We used to be in same 4A conference until last realignment, along with Greensboro Smith, but in 2019 we went to an 8 team Metro 4A while they went down to 3A. We try to play Forsyth and Wake area teams out of conference. Power teams in same area want to avoid early season losses. Reidsville would die to play Dudley a/o Grimsley, but who would risk a loss to a 2A school?

Grimsley and Dudley did scrimmage in 2022 and it was electric! Dudley QB played JV two years at Grimsley before transferring to Dudley, where the portal is always active and open.
I just think it's funny that I've watched you get angry with the Page guys over and over about them mentioning the transfers Grimsley is getting but then come back and make the "where the portal is always active and open" comment about Dudley!! It's always active and open over there at Greensboro High too

Off topic but just curious….. do Grimsley and Dudley ever play ?

I just think it's funny that I've watched you get angry with the Page guys over and over about them mentioning the transfers Grimsley is getting but then come back and make the "where the portal is always active and open" comment about Dudley!! It's always active and open over there at Greensboro High too
The difference is that I don’t hate on a school that wins for doing it. I know it is largely the decision of parents and players who rightly seek the best opportunity for them to grow and develop as a player. Both Grimsley and Dudley have very talented QBs - it would make no sense to have them both at the same school. Glad to see AAII’s success. Certainly if a talented kid wants to come to your school and they legit live on the district, no coach will turn them down. I also think it’s creepy that certain schools/supporters think they own the rights to certain players. I just get pissed when people bring down your success and claim you steal players.

Congrats to the Panthers for their win over Crest! Now go get Hickory!

(A hater would have said ‘you only won cause you stole your QB from another school!’)

Reactions: onioncfb
The difference is that I don’t hate on a school that wins for doing it. I know it is largely the decision of parents and players who rightly seek the best opportunity for them to grow and develop as a player. Both Grimsley and Dudley have very talented QBs - it would make no sense to have them both at the same school. Glad to see AAII’s success. Certainly if a talented kid wants to come to your school and they legit live on the district, no coach will turn them down. I also think it’s creepy that certain schools/supporters think they own the rights to certain players. I just get pissed when people bring down your success and claim you steal players.

(A hater would have said ‘you only won cause you stole your QB from another school!’)
Upon further review, Reddawg is a proven Grimsley hater and seemingly has nothing to do with Dudley, whose program I respect. I know many of their coaches, players and supporters.

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
Upon further review, Reddawg is a proven Grimsley hater and seemingly has nothing to do with Dudley, whose program I respect. I know many of their coaches, players and supporters.
I mean you can call me what you will, however, the fact remains the same and honestly you’d be surprised who I am a hater or fan of. But you’re right I don’t have anything to do with Dudley nor page nor Grimsley I’m just a fan of high school football who happens to be in the area and pretty observant. Like I said I just find it funny for you to get upset over others saying y’all the transfer portal school and then loosely throw that comment out about Dudley.

I never claimed Grimsley "stole" Page's starting QB and RB. It was their decision to switch schools. But I will stand behind the fact that Grimsley won the COVID Spring Cup because their best 2 players on offense came from Page. Oh yeah, and the starting LB too.

Last edited:
I never made the claim you did say it. Thanks though, for a perfect example of kids leaving a failed program for better opportunities.

And, furthermore, Triad teams ought to thank the Whirlies for having to tote their water against Charlotte metro area squads. Final four in 4A West: Weddington, Indy, Butler and Grimsley. Where are you guys at?

Last edited:
I never made the claim you did say it. Thanks though, for a perfect example of kids leaving a failed program for better opportunities.

And, furthermore, Triad teams ought to thank the Whirlies for having to tote their water against Charlotte metro area squads. Final four in 4A West: Weddington, Indy, Butler and Grimsley. Where are you guys at?
For many years it was Page toting the water... Grimsley finally showed up to the party, after like 20 years....

Go and enjoy your offseason. Hit the transfer portal and see what you can come up with next year. In the meantime, you were humbled by a team you said didn’t deserve the top seed. So be humble.
It amuses and humors me to no end reading the Greensboro gentlemen having a conversation concerning transfers and transfer portals. Compared to Charlotte, The High School Portal Center of the Universe, the two Gboro lads are rookies compared to yall's goings on down there for quite some time.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
I'm just shocked how dominant Weddington was against Grimsley. You look on paper and you see the Grimsley's roster and come away thinking "Why aren't they nationally ranked" or at least playing higher and better competition.

Big ups to Weddington for scheduling Dutch Fork this year. I'm amazed at the coaching staff at Weddington. Definitely interested in the rematch with Indy.

It amuses and humors me to no end reading the Greensboro gentlemen having a conversation concerning transfers and transfer portals. Compared to Charlotte, The High School Portal Center of the Universe, the two Gboro lads are rookies compared to yall's goings on down there for quite some time.
They've professionally investigated athletes in Charlotte and I haven't seen any irregularities found

In 2008 the Meck County assistant superintendent took the head position in Guilford County. He was quoted that the issues in Guilford County residency rivaled what he had seen in Charlotte. That was when Northern was strong.

In 2008 the Meck County assistant superintendent took the head position in Guilford County. He was quoted that the issues in Guilford County residency rivaled what he had seen in Charlotte. That was when Northern was strong.
Mo Green started in '08 until 2016 and Northern didn't start their run until 2010, so shouldn't any wrong doings , or perceived ones, been handled by Mister Green and his staff ? As far as I can remember no citations were distributed , the Containment Officials weren't beckoned, and nobody was sent to In School Suspension.

Mo Green started in '08 until 2016 and Northern didn't start their run until 2010, so shouldn't any wrong doings , or perceived ones, been handled by Mister Green and his staff ? As far as I can remember no citations were distributed , the Containment Officials weren't beckoned, and nobody was sent to In School Suspension.
I was involved with an athletic committee that Mo Green led in the winter of 2008 before he took the job in Guilford. NG lost in the 2009 playoffs to Anson. Johnny Roscoe was the coach there in 2008. Kenan Allen was on the 2009 Shrine Bowl.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Coming from a fanbase of a program with little winning tradition and pedigree. It's laughable. You would think someone from such a mediocre program historically would be more humble. "Act like you've been there before," Oh wait, you haven’t.
Last five years for Page: Three coaching changes and two ADs who quit in October during the school year. Page went

3-9
0-7
4-7
5-6
5-6 or collectively 17-35.

Meanwhile Grimsley wins 5 straight Metro 4A titles with two appearances in the state championship and one ring with a 61-4 record. Where can one learn humility better than from the utterly humbled.

I'm just shocked how dominant Weddington was against Grimsley. You look on paper and you see the Grimsley's roster and come away thinking "Why aren't they nationally ranked" or at least playing higher and better competition.

Big ups to Weddington for scheduling Dutch Fork this year. I'm amazed at the coaching staff at Weddington. Definitely interested in the rematch with Indy.
21-20 at the end of the 3rd quarter hardly indicates domination. 4th quarter definitely got away from us and hats off to a fine Weddington team. Grimsley’s most highly ranked player, junior DE Bryce Davis has been out since the Rolesville game. Good luck to the Warriors going forward.

Man-oh-man...This is getting feisty. I do not know which is worse, the lack of humility or the disregard for Robertson and the work he is doing to build the program back. Re-whatever your name is...Are you not a Reidsville guy? Didn't you coach there? Should you not support a fellow Ram rather than dogging him out? You really have never been there before. It is ok to basque in the glory of the Whirlies now, but remember pride often times comes before a fall. You are setting yourself and your Whirlies up for a roller coaster nose dive! Be gracious!!!

Man-oh-man...This is getting feisty. I do not know which is worse, the lack of humility or the disregard for Robertson and the work he is doing to build the program back. Re-whatever your name is...Are you not a Reidsville guy? Didn't you coach there? Should you not support a fellow Ram rather than dogging him out? You really have never been there before. It is ok to basque in the glory of the Whirlies now, but remember pride often times comes before a fall. You are setting yourself and your Whirlies up for a roller coaster nose dive! Be gracious!!!
Doug is a fine coach who has taken two different schools to the state championship. I actually had him in class when I taught at Reidsville. The disarray at Page has little to do with him and he was brought in to right the ship.

My response was directed at the miserable Page44. I am beginning to think you are one of Mrhonda’s alternate screen names. At least Page44 has a dog in this rivalry fight. And I think my opinions have little to do with the future of Whirlie athletics.

Last edited:
How long will Coach Robertson stay at Page?
He is nearing retirement age and his son is graduating this year. His daughter is head manager for UNC football(first woman ever!). His teams are well coached and his defensive schemes were crucial to at lot of Reidsville’s titles in the early 2000s, including one when he was head coach when Teague first retired. The changes in HS football with player/school fluidity and the lure of NIL money present a whole new set of challenges for coaches these days. It is hard to tell, but the Pirates would be hard pressed to find a better guy to teach and lead young men.

Page is down right now but will be back soon hopefully. Page has "tote the water" for many years against Charlotte teams over the last 30 some years. Enjoy your success while Page is down. BTW, we are at home just like you guys.

Last edited:
17-35 is 32.69%for your RPI calculations.

61-4 is 93.85% I just wish our opponents were better. SMH.

Last edited:
I'll say this about Robertson and i know I'll probably be called a hater again but this really doesn't have anything to do with the whirlies its just my honest opinion. Had those guys not left page when Robertson was hired and the other guys that gave up football and the one that transferred to Dudley all kept playing for Robertson then I believe he would have definitely won a title or at least been a strong contender at Page. I said when they were all youth that they would bring Page a title before they left and then seeing Robertson get the job I just knew it would happen then, I just didn't know that they would all disperse and win titles elsewhere.

17-35 vs 61-4.
Last five years for Page: Three coaching changes and two ADs who quit in October during the school year. Page went

3-9
0-7
4-7
5-6
5-6 or collectively 17-35.

Meanwhile Grimsley wins 5 straight Metro 4A titles with two appearances in the state championship and one ring with a 61-4 record. Where can one learn humility better than from the utterly humbled.
3 coaching changes the last 5 years? Robertson has been at Page for 4 years now... Page has had 3 different coaches since 2006...... Where do you get this stuff from?

Do I need to remind you...
Grimsley had 15 head coaching changes since 1972. Compared to Page's 6 head coaching changes in the same time span.
Grimsley combined record of 299-297-8 -- .476 winning percentage - 1 State Title, 1 Runners up
Page combined record of 437-178-5 -- .689 winning percentage - 5 State Titles, 2 Runners up

Page might be going through it right now, but Grimsley has been mediocre, and a lot of times down right sorry, for decades.

Last edited:
Reactions: PagePirate1989
3 coaching changes the last 5 years? Robertson has been at Page for 4 years now... Page has had 3 different coaches since 2006...... Where do you get this stuff from?

Do I need to remind you...
Grimsley had 15 head coaching changes since 1972. Compared to Page's 6 head coaching changes in the same time span.
Grimsley combined record of 299-297-8 -- .476 winning percentage - 1 State Title, 1 Runners up
Page combined record of 437-178-5 -- .689 winning percentage - 5 State Titles, 2 Runners up

Page might be going through it right now, but Grimsley has been mediocre, and a lot of times down right sorry, for decades.
O-5 since 2018.

• Haha
O-5 since 2018.
Is that all you got? 5 in a row...
Right before that Page won 12 in a row, with a 13 year unbeaten streak and a 15 year unbeaten streak thrown in there too... it was 35-6-3 in the series from 1962-2003
From 1962-2018 series is 47-9-3 -- you guys have 3 decades worth to catch up.

Reactions: PagePirate1989
Is that all you got? 5 in a row...
Right before that Page won 12 in a row, with a 13 year unbeaten streak and a 15 year unbeaten streak thrown in there too... it was 35-6-3 in the series from 1962-2003
From 1962-2018 series is 47-9-3 -- you guys have 3 decades worth to catch up.
Let him enjoy his 5 in a row LOL

I really do respect Page and their storied program. A strong Page team and a strong Grimsley team make a great rivalry even better. But page44 has been absolutely hating on Grimsley for at least 5 years. He gets no oxygen from me.
It's a rivalry, Grimsley hates Page and Page hates Grimsley. I agree about having a strong Page team and a strong Grimsley team makes the rivalry even better.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
I really do respect Page and their storied program. A strong Page team and a strong Grimsley team make a great rivalry even better. But page44 has been absolutely hating on Grimsley for at least 5 years. He gets no oxygen from me.
Get a defense then come back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT