ADVERTISEMENT

13-2 Weddington vs 14-1 Hoggard 4A State Championship game

Several years ago the NCHSAA banned them during games but it was due to safety concerns. Not sure if there were any parameters on the area it cannot fly. The end zone and press box cameras are the norm.
I have seen several games be stopped until drones were no longer in the area. I am guessing they aren't allowed, but who knows.

I meant to say I don’t view Weddington like Hough or Myers Park. I think someone mentioned the power shift is moving back south in Charlotte Mecklenburg (Butler, Indy, Weddington) being relatively close to each other. I didn’t believe it when it was said earlier in the year but I believe it now.
I wouldn’t forget about Chambers on the North side. In what seemed like a down year for them, they were extremely tough to deal with.

I wouldn’t forget about Chambers on the North side. In what seemed like a down year for them, they were extremely tough to deal with.
I think Mallard Creek will make some adjustments. West Charlotte has big potential. Hough will continue to be strong.

Reactions: onioncfb
Meck County and surrounding area is the SEC of NC high school football. Sure there are some Vanderbilts but for the most part it is top tier loaded with Bama's and UGa's. State Championship in the upper classes is going to run through there for a very long time.

Reactions: Chopper747
I think Mallard Creek will make some adjustments. West Charlotte has big potential. Hough will continue to be strong.
Mallard Creek has to find an offense. I thought Chambers was overrated although they gave Weddington a good game in the playoffs. Hough will also be a tough out. I do like that those teams will play anyone out of state so I will be curious to see who they schedule non conference.

Of all the comments made this year, this is the dumbest. Mallard Creek is the subject of an annual forecast rerun. This, I believe, and I am positive of it. They are not even close to ripping a Hogs Ass. Just as soon as the season is done, it's always - well this year they just ran the wrong routes, Mallard Creek will recover in preparation to next season. Or - because the lineman are expected to add 200 pounds, Mallard Creek is expected to have a huge season next year. Shut up man with these dumb rerun future analysis. After more than seven years of incorrect predictions regarding Mallard Creek, you are now projecting the eighth rerun. I'm over this stupidity!

I've always admired the student/athletes at New Hanover, Hoggard, and Laney. These cats (no pun intended Hoggard and Laney fans ) , could be fishin' for spots , giggin' for flounder, throwin' a Frisbee with the new girl in the neighborhood, Helgita, a transfer from Sweeden, with white as the snow hair and Miami Dolphin eyeballs. They could be hangin' at Mercer's Pier, hittin' on the tourist chicks, or wooin' the local surfer girls. Hats off to yall for your athletic participation .

Of all the comments made this year, this is the dumbest. Mallard Creek is the subject of an annual forecast rerun.
I am not a Mallard Creek apologist or drumbanger.. Have not watched them play enough since pandemic started to know the issues. There is just too much talent not to be competitive. Do you get the team that played Indy and Buford or the Gaffney / Hough version.

I've always admired the student/athletes at New Hanover, Hoggard, and Laney. These cats (no pun intended Hoggard and Laney fans ) , could be fishin' for spots , giggin' for flounder, throwin' a Frisbee with the new girl in the neighborhood, Helgita, a transfer from Sweeden, with white as the snow hair and Miami Dolphin eyeballs. They could be hangin' at Mercer's Pier, hittin' on the tourist chicks, or wooin' the local surfer girls. Hats off to yall for your athletic participation .
It is funny you say that. Many people do not realize just what a draw the beach is. I remember when Coach Seacord came to Hoggard in 1986. He used to ask about certain kids that he would see in school and want to know why they were not playing football. We would say, he is a surfer or a big fisherman. It always killed him that kids would rather spend time at the beach than playing football. He hated it and it was one of the reasons he left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT