ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 8

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Bandys (4-2, 1-2) at Maiden (4-2, 2-1)
Bunker Hill (6-0, 3-0) at East Burke (2-4, 0-3)
Lincolnton (2-4, 2-1) at West Caldwell (0-6, 0-3)
Newton-Conover (3-3, 2-1) vs West Lincoln (5-1, 2-1)

Bunker Hill 3-0
Lincolnton 2-1
Maiden 2-1
Newton Conover 2-1
West Lincoln 2-1
Bandys 1-2
East Burke 0-3
West Caldwell 0-3

Bunker Hill 3-0
Lincolnton 2-1
Maiden 2-1
Newton Conover 2-1
West Lincoln 2-1
Bandys 1-2
East Burke 0-3
West Caldwell 0-3
Bandys by 1 (expecting a shootout )
Bears by 28
Wolves by 50
West by 2 ( high scoring game )

I’d agree with the wins over this team and that team. But I’m sure with one coming back to the fold for EB this week this game he will be a lot to handle. They had BH against the ropes last year and nobody expected it. Same players lining up head to head as last year cept EB got injuries that I’m sure BH will take advantage of greatly. Will be closer game than most would like to think. EB is dangerous for any team in this conf dispite the record.

Standings through 36 games

Amaidendevil - 31
eb1977 - 31
BunkerHillBear12 - 30
Maiden Creek - 30
Blueschool18 - 29
Formerdog38 - 29
Devils-24 Blue - 28
TunnelSmoke -28
Burkeforreal - 27
Lincolnton - 27

Reactions: Lincolnton
Bunker Hill at East Burke: EB is a nice place to watch a game. The Cavaliers could give the BH offensive front a bit of a workout running the ball through it. I'm thinking the Bears will eventually wear it down, especially with the elusive Willis.
Sorry, BFR, but these guys are a complete team. Besides the run they throw well. Their QB Robinson doesn't get rattled when pressured by defenders. The Bears are the toast of the conference, this year, and can't afford to take EB lightly, and they won't, remembering what happened last year when the Cavs gave them a scare, but I think that may have been without one or more very key players. BH by 18.

Lincolnton at West Caldwell: After a big, emotional win last week, I hope we don't show up flat. We cannot afford to do that. West Caldwell is winless and would love to take this game. Should we let them get up by a couple scores, early, it might give them enough momentum to beat us. Too many times I remember us doing that, then we have to fight really hard to catch up. Hopefully, we'll be the ones jumping out to a big lead then taking care of business. Lincolnton by 21.

West Lincoln at Newton-Conover: I saw last year's game at West Lincoln, it was close. A. Luangkhot, quarterbacked the Red Devils and did a good job. He had something like 150 yards passing and somewhere close to 100 yards rushing, himself. Seems like he would throw to Fleming and they scorched the Rebels on some big passes. Don't know much about last weeks game between WL and BH, thinking like I heard two of the BH scores were through the air, making me think WL is susceptible to giving up the pass, but even though NC is not someone to take lightly, they are not the Bears.
Remembering last years game seems like West Lincoln had over 600 yards rushing, around 400 of that was by M. Avery. When we played NC, Friday before last, we had less than 50 yards passing, but 270 some yards rushing, making me think the Red Devils are susceptible to giving up the run. I also wonder if WL is too physical for them. I'll say West Lincoln by 12.

Bandy at Maiden: Well, here is the CVAC game of the week. Saw Bandys play last Friday, and within five or six minutes they were up on us 14-0... BHBears12, is correct, they are a passing team. They burned us twice on long passes for scores and their Quarterback B. Swett, is fast, smart, elusive and is capable of throwing the nearest to perfect strikes from a distance.
Maiden on the other hand is a rushing team (Source is Rabid Blue Devil himself, AMD). Those 260 yards and 3 passing touchdowns Maiden had last week was something called an illusion, cause rushing teams don't have so many passing yards. I digress, though.
This is not a typical game but an old, old rivalry between two fine programs who are kind of like relatives, and I know they'll go at it. Because of this it wouldn't surprise me if it's close, so I pick Maiden by 1...If anyone is wondering if I'm insinuating that Maiden cannot beat the Trojans by the margin we did, the answer is no, I'm not suggesting that, it's just that family members fight each other harder, and my spread is always lower than most...My picks are in bold.

Side note: Here is a clip from hudl. It shows Bandys scoring the two touchdown mentioned above, also the score is incorrect at the end it was L 57 B 36:

Last edited:
I’d agree with the wins over this team and that team. But I’m sure with one coming back to the fold for EB this week this game he will be a lot to handle. They had BH against the ropes last year and nobody expected it. Same players lining up head to head as last year cept EB got injuries that I’m sure BH will take advantage of greatly. Will be closer game than most would like to think. EB is dangerous for any team in this conf dispite the record.
Yall didn’t play us with Willis though

Reactions: Lincolnton
Bunker Hill at East Burke: EB is a nice place to watch a game. The Cavaliers could give the BH offensive front a bit of a workout running the ball through it. I'm thinking the Bears will eventually wear it down, especially with the elusive Willis.
Sorry, BFR, but these guys are a complete team. Besides the run they throw well. Their QB Robinson doesn't get rattled when pressured by defenders. The Bears are the toast of the conference, this year, and can't afford to take EB lightly, and they won't, remembering what happened last year when the Cavs gave them a scare, but I think that may have been without one or more very key players. BH by 18.

Lincolnton at West Caldwell: After a big, emotional win last week, I hope we don't show up flat. We cannot afford to do that. West Caldwell is winless and would love to take this game. Should we let them get up by a couple scores, early, it might give them enough momentum to beat us. Too many times I remember us doing that, then we have to fight really hard to catch up. Hopefully, we'll be the ones jumping out to a big lead then taking care of business. Lincolnton by 21.

West Lincoln at Newton-Conover: I saw last year's game at West Lincoln, it was close. A. Luangkhot, quarterbacked the Red Devils and did a good job. He had something like 150 yards passing and somewhere close to 100 yards rushing, himself. Seems like he would throw to Fleming and they scorched the Rebels on some big passes. Don't know much about last weeks game between WL and BH, thinking like I heard two of the BH scores were through the air, making me think WL is susceptible to giving up the pass, but even though NC is not someone to take lightly, they are not the Bears.
Remembering last years game seems like West Lincoln had over 600 yards rushing, around 400 of that was by M. Avery. When we played NC, Friday before last, we had less than 50 yards passing, but 270 some yards rushing, making me think the Red Devils are susceptible to giving up the run. I also wonder if WL is too physical for them. I'll say West Lincoln by 12.

Bandy at Maiden: Well, here is the CVAC game of the week. Saw Bandys play last Friday, and within five or six minutes they were up on us 14-0... BHBears12, is correct, they are a passing team. They burned us twice on long passes for scores and their Quarterback B. Swett, is fast, smart, elusive and is capable of throwing the nearest to perfect strikes from a distance.
Maiden on the other hand is a rushing team (Source is Rabid Blue Devil himself, AMD). Those 260 yards and 3 passing touchdowns Maiden had last week was something called an illusion, cause rushing teams don't have so many passing yards. I digress, though.
This is not a typical game but an old, old rivalry between two fine programs who are kind of like relatives, and I know they'll go at it. Because of this it wouldn't surprise me if it's close, so I pick Maiden by 1...If anyone is wondering if I'm insinuating that Maiden cannot beat the Trojans by the margin we did, the answer is no, I'm not suggesting that, it's just that family members fight each other harder, and my spread is always lower than most...My picks are in bold.

Side note: Here is a clip from hudl. It shows Bandys scoring the two touchdown mentioned above, also the score is incorrect at the end it was L 57 B 36:

Technically, Mr. Lincolnton, AMD isn't wrong, we passed the ball 12 times and ran the ball 28 times.

Bunker Hill 3-0
Lincolnton 2-1
Maiden 2-1
Newton Conover 2-1
West Lincoln 2-1
Bandys 1-2
East Burke 0-3
West Caldwell 0-3
Maiden by 10
Bunker by 14
Lincolnton by 50
West Lincoln by 8

TEAMCONF WCONF LCONF %OVR WOVR LOVR %
BUNKER HILL 🐻30100.0%60100.0%
WEST LINCOLN2166.7%5183.3%
MAIDEN2166.7%4266.7%
NEWTON2166.7%3350.0%
LINCOLNTON2166.7%2433.3%
BANDYS1233.3%4266.7%
EAST BURKE030.0%2433.3%
WEST CALDWELL030.0%060.0%

TEAMPFPAAPFAPAAVG DIFF ⬆️
BUNKER HILL 🐻2588043.013.329.7
WEST LINCOLN22211537.019.217.8
BANDYS24114340.223.816.3
MAIDEN22513437.522.315.2
EAST BURKE17716429.527.32.2
NEWTON20621034.335.0-0.7
LINCOLNTON17118628.531.0-2.5
WEST CALDWELL422947.049.0-42.0

Ok east burke.. I need y'all to be the little giants this week believe in yourselves. Quit shooting y'all selves in the damn foot and quit F@#&king up. Use y'all's size and quit being so damn soft. Go get physical and win this damn game Friday night. Go learn the annexation of Puerto Rico if need be. 😂😂

Bunker Hill 3-0
Lincolnton 2-1
Maiden 2-1
Newton Conover 2-1
West Lincoln 2-1
Bandys 1-2
East Burke 0-3
West Caldwell 0-3
Bandys, once again and as I said already, proves they are not a top-tiered team in the CVAC with a blowout loss to Lincolnton (congrats to LHS). I'll take Maiden, not because they are any better, but because they are at home.
Bunker Hill proved they are a legit team with a strong showing vs. WL Friday. If their defense plays like they did the 2nd half Friday, they will be a tough out in playoffs.
Lincolnton is playing well and the tough non-conference is paying dividends for this team. They will upset someone in the playoffs....
WL as NC can't stop the run. It may be closer than expected, but WL in a game that may feature a lot of points.
As always, stay healthy and best of luck to all.

you can do it cheering GIF

Last year we took Bunker hill to the final minute but we had all our players!! but that is old news now!!

@Lincolnton .... I think I have ur wolves figured out. Y'all let the other team jump on y'all in 1st qtr on purpose to lull them into calm false confidence. And when y'all see that look y'all pounce on them for the kill. Don't try playing checkers with a chess playing devil 😈 🔱 😂😂😂

@Lincolnton .... I think I have ur wolves figured out. Y'all let the other team jump on y'all in 1st qtr on purpose to lull them into calm false confidence. And when y'all see that look y'all pounce on them for the kill. Don't try playing checkers with a chess playing devil 😈 🔱 😂😂😂
AMD, if that's our tactics, and you compare it to chess, then we've gone gambit crazy. Hope they change it to something else before it gives everybody in town an ulcer. :)

Just found out my first cousin's daughter reads these message boards but does not post, and wanted to say hello. She is from Conover and is a Staunch Red Devils fan and alumna. I was at West Lincoln when they played there, last fall. Stop by to see me if you get a chance and don't take too much serious what you might read on here.
Oh, hey ! kinda wish your game was at WL instead of N-C. Heard they were thinking about giving additional prizes besides half the jackpot. Second prize is a carburetor, and third prize is a feist dog.

Rivalry week, Bandys vs Maiden. This will be a good one to see. My Devils are young and not as experienced as the last few years so there’s a big target on us. Bandys is young too so we should get our money’s worth!
Maiden will be fired up at home.
Bunker Hill and Lincolnton roll
West Lincoln gets back on track in a closer game than some think

Bandys-Maiden! This ought to be a good one. Balls Creek “Flying Walenda’s” against “Ground and Pound” Maiden. 😂
Tell ‘em! AMD! Maiden is a running team.
However, I see the ball flying through the air all night in this one! I figure Maiden will have to air it out just to keep up. We’ll see. Can’t wait!…yep…I’m taking Maiden in a classic shoot out. Big 50-50 drawing benefiting both schools too…can’t get any better than that. 😉

I’m taking Bunker Hill….but they’ll have to earn it. East Burke is a tough team that no one in this conference wants to play. Wait and see…they’ll give the Bears a fit.

Lincolnton Wolves! Looking good! Feeling good! They win this one going away.

Newton Conover gave Lincolnton all they wanted…stands to reason that the Red Devils will do the same thing to West Lincoln. I’m taking the Johnny’s….but keep an eye on this one….it might just go the other way. If it does….watch out….can you imagine? Have mercy.

CVAC!

Good luck! Fellers.

Bandys-Maiden! This ought to be a good one. Balls Creek “Flying Walenda’s” against “Ground and Pound” Maiden. 😂
Tell ‘em! AMD! Maiden is a running team.
However, I see the ball flying through the air all night in this one! I figure Maiden will have to air it out just to keep up. We’ll see. Can’t wait!…yep…I’m taking Maiden in a classic shoot out. Big 50-50 drawing benefiting both schools too…can’t get any better than that. 😉

I’m taking Bunker Hill….but they’ll have to earn it. East Burke is a tough team that no one in this conference wants to play. Wait and see…they’ll give the Bears a fit.

Lincolnton Wolves! Looking good! Feeling good! They win this one going away.

Newton Conover gave Lincolnton all they wanted…stands to reason that the Red Devils will do the same thing to West Lincoln. I’m taking the Johnny’s….but keep an eye on this one….it might just go the other way. If it does….watch out….can you imagine? Have mercy.

CVAC!

Good luck! Fellers.
The Cavs return a good player or 2 from injury. Fastest man in conference is one of them. He gets open space and an extra step while holding the rock he’s GONE. The Hill will have to earn this one. If Coble is recovered from shoulder injury more fully and gets some reps they’re gonna be even more hard to handle. Last year when these same players was healthy, BH almost lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well here I been farting around and didn’t even make my picks. I been losing anyway what differ does it make lol.

Bandys
BH
Lincolnton
WL

No brainer kinda week, sorta.

Bandys because Maiden is young
BH, well if you got Willis and we’re still more injuries than I thought then what chance do we stand
Lincolnton- very tight game…if it was the 80s
WL- could be an upset possibility. NC couldn’t stop the run that well against EB but the Cavs was down a couple quality linemen, and Coble and Fraley. WL will have to defend the pass BUT NC will have to have some lucky breaks on Run D

TeamPlayerQB RatPass YdsComp%Pass TDINT
MAIDEN 🔱 J Stover125.91,26762.1%183
BUNKER HILLR Robinson125.895762.4%113
NEWTONL Adair123.11,50969.0%206
BANDYSB Swett115.81,37164.7%167
WEST LINCOLNG Allen105.826861.9%00
WEST CALDWELLE Lipford74.332852.6%21
LINCOLNTONA Bost60.582047.2%78
EAST BURKEA Gebhard35.48037.5%12

TeamPlayerRush YdsYPCRush Tds
EAST BURKE 🗡️J Dellinger1,1429.412
BUNKER HILLJ Willis Jr8777.915
LINCOLNTONA Bost7478.08
WEST LINCOLNJ Winnex70211.110
MAIDENK Roberts4565.18
NEWTONE Okoro3675.25
BANDYSE Spicer3565.24
WEST CALDWELLJ Quesenberry1248.31

TeamPlayerRec YdsRecRec TDs
BANDYS ⚔️C Obregon8263710
BUNKER HILLX Mccleave467245
NEWTONM Sifford385216
MAIDENR Misher301184
LINCOLNTONA Phelps244180
WEST LINCOLNB Sain11350
WEST CALDWELLT Ramseur11280
EAST BURKEJ Dellinger3721

My additional rant and rave of EB

Word is we got a great Soph class, and a heck of a freshman that will be a 1st team All Conf player if he bulks up, trains and keeps his head on right. Seen way too many potentials at EB fall of cause of laziness, women, and life in general.

With our JVs it’s my understanding that they’ve had close losses like the varsity some of which shouldn’t have happened and we’re easy fixes. We get those fixed and boys hitting the weights we may just have something next year and year after BUT…you can’t replace Fraley and KJ. 2 boys that are track legends and can play some skill set football when healthy. Dellinger, is another one. I’ve heard his name way more this year than last. I say all that to say this, next years team won’t be as special as what this years coulda been if the injuries weren’t there but the same intensity will be or should be on the field next season. What I’m afraid is the other teams will have the same. And my goodness I hope we don’t lose any youngins to Draughn. Kinda wondering why Patton been so bad…hmmm LOL And someone DID say Draughn will reload. Nonsense, who is gonna replace that QB and 2 or 3 big linemen? The jvs have been kicked around and look like Highland Tech out there so what’s he talking bout lol

Burke folks is this well said or is there more to it?

Last edited:
The Cavs return a good player or 2 from injury. Fastest man in conference is one of them. He gets open space and an extra step while holding the rock he’s GONE. The Hill will have to earn this one. If Coble is recovered from shoulder injury more fully and gets some reps they’re gonna be even more hard to handle. Last year when these same players was healthy, BH almost lost.
Didn’t have Willis and we are better this year

What grade is Willis in? No doubt you been better, the record shows. The conf will no doubt rally around you guys in playoffs if you have to face Shelby or Burns espacially

Maiden wins with power running and flushes the Trojans away.
Bunker Hill but wouldn't be surprised if closer than people think.
Lincolnton with a bye week
I honestly believe this could be an upset just because of west Lincoln system can get them in trouble against passing teams. Ultimately I'm going with West but could change my mind by Friday

Maiden wins with power running and flushes the Trojans away.
Bunker Hill but wouldn't be surprised if closer than people think.
Lincolnton with a bye week
I honestly believe this could be an upset just because of west Lincoln system can get them in trouble against passing teams. Ultimately I'm going with West but could change my mind by Friday
Told people the same about the Newton game. If Newton can get a couple stops early on they can pull it out

Don’t let my Burke co rave from earlier get lost in the sauce, BurkeCountyMan and Bluedevil

I know this is off subject just alittle bit but Ashe co is a huge pass first program. Real similar to Newton in that they was getting yards in the air but dang we’re is the defense. Seems that’s all Newton needed was a good D and they might be a danger in this conf. Ashe is def in the same boat. Lost a heart breaker to AC the other night and AC is pretty weak this year.

There both pass
Don’t let my Burke co rave from earlier get lost in the sauce, BurkeCountyMan and Bluedevil

I know this is off subject just alittle bit but Ashe co is a huge pass first program. Real similar to Newton in that they was getting yards in the air but dang we’re is the defense. Seems that’s all Newton needed was a good D and they might be a danger in this conf. Ashe is def in the same boat. Lost a heart breaker to AC the other night and AC is pretty weak this year.
There both pass Dominant teams but they are nothing a like as far as personnel and honestly not the same offense. Newton always has a good linebacker but haven't been a strong defense team in a long time. Sometimes fast athletes don't wanna stick their nose in the fray

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT