ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Another good season for the CVAC. The Conference will look a little different next year but should still be competitive.

On the mats or hardwood
Maiden (12-2, 7-0)
Bunker Hill (11-2, 6-1)
Lincolnton (6-6, 4-3)
West Lincoln (8-3, 5-2)
Bandys (4-6, 3-4)
Newton-Conover (3-7, 2-5)
East Burke (3-7, 1-6)
West Caldwell (0-10, 0-7)

**Records from MaxPreps**

Flyrod5518, thanks for beginning the CVAC pick'em threads each week. You got one of the best screen names on Preps.

Maiden Creek, because of you all of us CVAC posters kept things civil. Know you're disappointed about last night's game but Coach Byrne has things going well for the Blue Devils. Thank you for being a friend to us all.

GrizzlyDevil, I'm guessing you probably feel like you're recovering from a hangover, and I saw where you said you recently had to bury your dog for which I am very sorry, but I know you'll handle it quite well, our best people can do that.

amaidendevil, you told me earlier you wanted a "ship". My friend, I'm sorry it didn't happen. It'll happen, again, but I got a feeling it will be a team from which you're not expecting it from, maybe next year. I want to commend you, too, for not taking your hoodie off and challenging others to a fist fight. I know how you love your Blue Devils. I'm so glad you didn't get took down to Wentworth. Sounds too much like Leavenworth, where they lock up errant soldiers.

Burkeforreal, we'll try it again, next year. Stick with the Cavaliers. Was honored to have met you.

Dadof23, every time I start something good, it always comes to a no good end, meaning, this is where this post goes downhill. You seem like the serious and sensible man my Father hoped I would be and I'm sure you haven't time for my smart@$$ Lincolnton backstreet mouth, but I just wanted to say that I hope you aren't having to pay child support for all those 23 children; and besides that, when you finally pass on and go to your great reward, all those young'uns will be pulling on your casket and wailing and saying OOOhhhh, daddy, don't leave us, daddy, don't go, daddy. Then after you're put to rest they'll fight over your estate. I've seen it too many times. ;)

To my fellow Lincolnton poster, Go Wolves !

Flyrod5518, thanks for beginning the CVAC pick'em threads each week. You got one of the best screen names on Preps.

Maiden Creek, because of you all of us CVAC posters kept things civil. Know you're disappointed about last night's game but Coach Byrne has things going well for the Blue Devils. Thank you for being a friend to us all.

GrizzlyDevil, I'm guessing you probably feel like you're recovering from a hangover, and I saw where you said you recently had to bury your dog for which I am very sorry, but I know you'll handle it quite well, our best people can do that.

amaidendevil, you told me earlier you wanted a "ship". My friend, I'm sorry it didn't happen. It'll happen, again, but I got a feeling it will be a team from which you're not expecting it from, maybe next year. I want to commend you, too, for not taking your hoodie off and challenging others to a fist fight. I know how you love your Blue Devils. I'm so glad you didn't get took down to Wentworth. Sounds too much like Leavenworth, where they lock up errant soldiers.

Burkeforreal, we'll try it again, next year. Stick with the Cavaliers. Was honored to have met you.

Dadof23, every time I start something good, it always comes to a no good end, meaning, this is where this post goes downhill. You seem like the serious and sensible man my Father hoped I would be and I'm sure you haven't time for my smart@$$ Lincolnton backstreet mouth, but I just wanted to say that I hope you aren't having to pay child support for all those 23 children; and besides that, when you finally pass on and go to your great reward, all those young'uns will be pulling on your casket and wailing and saying OOOhhhh, daddy, don't leave us, daddy, don't go, daddy. Then after you're put to rest they'll fight over your estate. I've seen it too many times. ;)

I appreciate you my friend

GO WOLVES!

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 3 way tie next year or a gaggle of teams at 5-2 or 4-3.

Just might be the most competitive season yet for the CVAC….Maiden has a huge challenge with all the great players they’re graduating….I’ll have to check the rosters for the other teams….but I doubt any team…maybe in the entire state….is losing 20 or more seniors. Whew!….that’s a bunch!

We might be slugging it out with West Caldwell….and I’ll be saying…..I’ve got Maiden winning a game….but not this one. 😂😂😂

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 3 way tie next year or a gaggle of teams at 5-2 or 4-3.

Just might be the most competitive season yet for the CVAC….Maiden has a huge challenge with all the great players they’re graduating….I’ll have to check the rosters for the other teams….but I doubt any team…maybe in the entire state….is losing 20 or more seniors. Whew!….that’s a bunch!

We might be slugging it out with West Caldwell….and I’ll be saying…..I’ve got Maiden winning a game….but not this one. 😂😂😂
Bears return 20 starters we going 7-0

Sup guys, it’s been as always a pleasure threading back and forth with you guys discussing the issues laying down predictions and just plain fun crap talk. Enjoy it every year. Got to pleasure of meeting Lincolnton for the first time and got to see Lincolnton football team come under the lights of EB for the very first time. Interesting season seeing that any of the conf teams had decent chances of defeating one another with the exception of West Caldwell. And even stranger was seeing East Burke 1-6 in conference have 2 conference schools against the ropes to almost certain defeat. Now THAT is a CVAC season baby!

Expecting BH to come out strong, expecting
Maiden to rebound after senior losses to show they are still Maiden, and biggest expected show will take place in Icard. If you don’t see EB making huge noise next year and pulll into the playoffs I’ll eat my crow. They’re a QB away as we speak. Whoever is gonna assume the role I hope he’s watching film, throwing in back yard but being conservative bout it (not throwing arm out) and hitting that weight room and track.

Until Aug hits y’all show some love and support to those Draughn Wildcats. A tough bunch of youngins that just keep going. I went up to Thomasville and Andrews to watch em’ Youd got your moneys worth for sure. Vast majority of them are coming back to espacially their QB. Looking forward to “The Feud” game. Still don’t carry the hype of a 80s 90s Fat Friday Freedom EB game but still a good un. It’s usually a sissy fight cause both both EB/ Draughn teams have been bottom feeders in some recent years past. May be that again AFTER next season but this Aug, get ready.

Been a pleasure y’all

Maiden has had a great run. We've been undefeated CVAC Champions for three years in a row, and four of the last six. Coach Byrne's overall record is 67-17, which compares favorably with Tom Brown's first seven years. Since the forming of the old SD-7 2A Conference in 1959, Maiden is 564-190-10 (.748), and has won or shared 28 conference championships, winning two state championships (1971, 1978) and one western state championship (1992). State championships are extremely hard to come by, especially now with the new format. Also, Maiden has never had the talent pool available to be able to just reload on an annual basis like the Shelby's or Reidsville's of the world.

12-2 and making it to the fourth round was another really good season. We've had other teams as good as this one, and maybe a scant few better, but I don't think we've ever lost as much talent in one class as we're losing with this team. Next season will be a huge challenge, and Coach Byrne will have to do maybe his best coaching job to date. You'd have to think that Bunker Hill would be the favorite to win the CVAC in 2023, with maybe Lincolnton a close second. If the conference schedules remain the same, the CVAC winner might be decided on the first Friday of conference play when Bunker Hill plays Lincolnton. East Burke will also be much improved. Literally, 3 thru 8 could be picked in about any order, pending whether or not West Caldwell decides to take football seriously.

lol. I’m not sure I would put my wife or any girl through that. My son wore #23 in HS and now in college. Dad of 23. Not children. Lol.

EB only losing two key starters from last year QB and a tough middle LB speed hurt us at DB spots against the pass. we have a tough QB coming up from Middle school might be the future one he is fast and a good arm!EB had a lot of somp playing key spots they will be better for sure for 2023. we just have to win the close ones!!Tough conference for sure EB let two games get away we can't do that next year!!See you guys next fall.

AlwaysaWolf, I believe that safety not getting called gave me a mini-stroke. I flopped around on the ground like a fish, and my tongue looked like a necktie.
I know someone up the street who went to college up north and studied clinical psychology. She suggested I peacefully and calmly express myself, and what do you know, it helped ! Maybe all of us Lincolnton sorts could try this. I would be happy to lead a class. Oh, and by the way, I look a little disheveled, here, but as you know looks has never been my strong suit.

AlwaysaWolf, I believe that safety not getting called gave me a mini-stroke. I flopped around on the ground like a fish, and my tongue looked like a necktie.
I know someone up the street who went to college up north and studied clinical psychology. She suggested I peacefully and calmly express myself, and what do you know, it helped ! Maybe all of us Lincolnton sorts could try this. I would be happy to lead a class. Oh, and by the way, I look a little disheveled, here, but as you know looks has never been my strong suit.

I just therapized myself out my front door. You shoulda heard it.

And I shook my fist toward The Football Capitol of Claremont, and yelled "it was a safety!"

Serious question here. All joking aside. How many kids do you folks think will transfer in to Maiden this off season? I know they are losing a lot but if we are all honest with ourselves the transfers have been very good to them and it seems that the trend will continue. I doubt they will be able to replace a Culliver or even a Gibbs but what are the possible prospects? How many will transfer in? Where do you think they will come from? There has been some bragging already done about a QB from somewhere north of Maiden. I also know the kid from Foard went there and had to sit 365. Is that kid still there?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Serious question here. All joking aside. How many kids do you folks think will transfer in to Maiden this off season? I know they are losing a lot but if we are all honest with ourselves the transfers have been very good to them and it seems that the trend will continue. I doubt they will be able to replace a Culliver or even a Gibbs but what are the possible prospects? How many will transfer in? Where do you think they will come from? There has been some bragging already done about a QB from somewhere north of Maiden. I also know the kid from Foard went there and had to sit 365. Is that kid still there?
They trying to get our RB and QB

• Haha
I'm not giving out names or schools but there's three families that I hear looking to move to maiden. To be a part of a nice community. One of the three I really don't see happening if it does I will be amazed. One I would say I feel like 75% chance happening. And another I would put at 50 to 60% chance maybe a little optimistic on that one.

Maiden had 2 sophomore lineman starting the whole year.we have 3 freshman over 6ft and 300 lbs or more. We should have a huge line next year. #85 is a sophomore 6'4 wr who averaged 35 yards a catch hopefully he just continues to get better. #11 was a sophomore with good size and speed I believe he could make a jump next year. But we are a couple pieces away from probably defending our crown. But they could fall into place.

You got to take in the consideration you have a coach in North Lincoln who didn't let his kids play in the playoffs even though they earned the spot. I'm sure there's going to be repercussions with kids over this. And then you got Newton Conover who hasn't had a successful season in forever lol. I'm sure that's going to affect some decisions on kids futures also.

Last edited:
You got to take in the consideration you have a coach in North Lincoln who didn't let his kids play in the playoffs even though they earned the spot. I'm sure there's going to be repercussions with kids over this. And then you got Newton Conover who hasn't had a successful season in forever lol. I'm sure that's going to affect some decisions on kids futures also.
Newton Combover...I can't remember who typed that, but it was funny

I’m just an alum and a supportive fan of the Blue Devil program with very limited info….but for what it’s worth….I’d be surprised if Catawba County schools allows any transfers….maybe the sit 365 transfers…but that’s it. I might be wrong….but that mess earlier this year (at the very least)… strained …an otherwise good working relationship between the school and county. They still love us since we’re one of theirs but we’re their least favorite!😂

I’m anxious to see how that impacts any changes that may occur for the upcoming football season.
We’ll see.

Btw….great win over the Mounties….I’m sure there will be a gaggle of Blue Devils over there pulling for those Mustangs. 😉

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
I’m just an alum and a supportive fan of the Blue Devil program with very limited info….but for what it’s worth….I’d be surprised if Catawba County schools allows any transfers….maybe the sit 365 transfers…but that’s it. I might be wrong….but that mess earlier this year (at the very least)… strained …an otherwise good working relationship between the school and county. They still love us since we’re one of theirs but we’re their least favorite!😂

I’m anxious to see how that impacts any changes that may occur for the upcoming football season.
We’ll see.

Btw….great win over the Mounties….I’m sure there will be a gaggle of Blue Devils over there pulling for those Mustangs. 😉
Yeah I'm sure people will look and question everything that maiden does. But when there are legitimate moves a school system can't technically tell someone they can't move to maiden and live there as long as it's a legitimate move.

Yeah I'm sure people will look and question everything that maiden does. But when there are legitimate moves a school system can't technically tell someone they can't move to maiden and live there as long as it's a legitimate move.
Agree…but they can impose the “365” as evidenced by how the Foard player was handled.

Lawsuit and appealed…to boot!

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
Don't fully understand the situation with the Fred t Foard kid. But was told it fell on Foard for not following County policy. "This is what I was told is situation.... yes, he did play at foard and foard did not tell him a "remain" form, a county policy, was to be filled out... that would allow him to play at foard after the move... i think the issue now is when they actually moved into the maiden home, as in moved on this date and should have enrolled at maiden almost immediately" this is an answer I was told

Sounds like he stayed at Foard playing Athletics after living in Maiden.. technically it wasn't a legitimate move since he already lived in Maiden but wasn't playing sports at maiden. This is about the best I can make of it 😂

And I'm pretty sure he still played football this year for the hickory Hawks but his social media still has him listed as maiden high school

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT