ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton off-season

Safety Alex Evans landed a Barton offer and Josiah McLaurin dropped his top 3. Maryland,Virginia Tech,and ECU. Visits ECU next week I believe they are his favorite at this point.

Safety Alex Evans landed a Barton offer and Josiah McLaurin dropped his top 3. Maryland,Virginia Tech,and ECU. Visits ECU next week I believe they are his favorite at this point.
All this talent yal got- don't see why yal not favored to win state. Imo, yal in the mix

All this talent yal got- don't see why yal not favored to win state. Imo, yal in the mix
Y'all were supposed to have this DC all star team last year and y'all didn't even sniff state. That's how the ball drops isn't it.

Y'all were supposed to have this DC all star team last year and y'all didn't even sniff state. That's how the ball drops isn't it.
Who asked ya? We played the state Champs twice. Could have won either game- but they were much deserving. Stay in your lane bingo boy

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79
You're right and I had forgotten about Jerris. Two great Dark Horses that became Pirates! McLaurin needs to be the third.

I like the fact that no one wants any Clinton Smoke this season. If you're on their schedule bring your A-Game, The loudest band, chicken BBQ and be sure you take your trash and loss with you on the way out.
We have to bring our A game aswell. Understandable with what we return I expect us to be good but looking back at 2016(we returned a lot) nothing is a given we better be ready week in and out we will be tested. I don’t want to see us get complacent thinking we just gotta show up I believe that’s what happened back then.

Reactions: PlayTom
We have to bring our A game aswell. Understandable with what we return I expect us to be good but looking back at 2016(we returned a lot) nothing is a given we better be ready week in and out we will be tested. I don’t want to see us get complacent thinking we just gotta show up I believe that’s what happened back then.
Correct. That is a given. In life, everything is earned, not given. Life doesn’t just simply hand out rewards. Kids must work hard, and be willing to go after it in order to get what they want. They need to put in the effort to satisfy their desires. Clinton has critics but then again at their breed level, why wouldn't they.

Williams has already dropped State from consideration.

Williams has been selected for Army All American game. Also didn’t hear the news about NC State but I see he is visiting The swamp this weekend taking his Florida official visit.

Josiah also visiting University of Maryland this weekend for his official visit.

Clinton wrapped up a 3 day conditioning “boot camp” looks like good participation with over 40 kids in attendance also the team will be holding one of their many youth camps this evening at Royal lane park.

Damn. An SEC school and he hasn’t taken a snap yet in HS? He must be real good!
Yes very talented young man he can spin it……..his older brother was a great athlete for us also. Unfortunately if the rumors are true he will be suiting up for someone else this fall. Even so I’ll continue to keep up with him and root for him love to see young folks from the hometown do well.

So looks like the whole Clinton team is D1 or D2 prospects. So there should be no Excuses come November. Or even early like in week 2. Be interesting!!!

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
So looks like the whole Clinton team is D1 or D2 prospects. So there should be no Excuses come November. Or even early like in week 2. Be interesting!!!
3 players is the whole team? And Ethan may not be playing for Clinton. Football the ultimate team sport just because a couple kids have an offers doesn’t mean automatically the team is unbeatable……ask those Bunn teams back in the mid 2000’s about that. If anything makes opponents go even harder. 2006 we didn’t give a damn about Kerry Neal and Brandon Barnes offers.

Y'all got some kids with D2 offers also. I'm truly happy for the kids. I like to see local players get looks at all the schools around home. Good luck to your horses 34.

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Y'all got some kids with D2 offers also. I'm truly happy for the kids. I like to see local players get looks at all the schools around home. Good luck to your horses 34.
Yea a couple and happy/proud of all our guys getting attention they work hard they deserve it, just doesn’t automatically mean we just show up and win still gotta play the games. Good luck to your Panthers aswell long as Battle on the sidelines ED will be in the conversation.

Reactions: oldway55
Early opponent trash talking has dominated this topic and there isn't nearly enough attention paid to future opponent victories.

Any preseason information on how many programs currently regret scheduling a matchup with Clinton?

I don’t think anyone regrets anything. Iron sharpening iron I expect some good early season competitive matchups with Wallace,Whiteville,and Princeton. I’m happy to see some good non conference games cause outside of St Pauls not much meat on the bone in SAC-7 play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT