ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs St Pauls WK 9

Gotta go back to that 3rd quarter I mean you name it if it could go wrong it went wrong….we stopped them blocked their punt….gave it back to them cause we touched a blocked punt then stopped them again really but ball just rolled to the one person you didn’t want to have it in that position….offense goes cold…Baldwin finally breaks a long TD run….offense turns the ball over 2 times in the last 6 mins but our defense holds…..no timeouts 3rd and 15 and we hit em with the trick play and defense finishes the game out…..man what a game what a game what a game……in the way to Walgreens as we speak I need something to calm me down. Go Horses

Great win. Snatched from the jaws of defeat. Listened to the 4th quarter in the car on the way home from another game. Great job by the radio crew. Mr. Bell was a great fill in.

I was chuckling a bit during the post game as they were discussing not having a letdown at Midway next week. I KNOW you have to say the right things when your’e Clinton…. but the Raiders are very bad this year. 😬

Great win. Snatched from the jaws of defeat. Listened to the 4th quarter in the car on the way home from another game. Great job by the radio crew. Mr. Bell was a great fill in.

I was chuckling a bit during the post game as they were discussing not having a letdown at Midway next week. I KNOW you have to say the right things when your’e Clinton…. but the Raiders are very bad this year. 😬
They are 5-2 winning record

Will go down in history as one of the greatest called & executed plays in DarkHorse Stadium history
What a great game. The Horses didn’t stop Baldwin ( who was the real deal last year as well as this year) but they slowed him down just enough to hold St Paul’s to 20 point. Great defensive game and a great game by DarkHorse JJ Baggett (placekicked, punter and kickoffs) Mclaurin is a tremendous athlete.
I don’t usually mention DarkHorses by name, but these two were game changers among others.
St Paul’s is a very very good team
For those of you who keep up with my time of day posting. You don’t go home after a game like this and go to bed!
And also for those of you who say East Conference 7 is just a weak conference, let me draw your attention to the weak conference, Reidsville played in for many seasons. Didn’t affect them too much. Clinton and St Paul’s can play with anyone in the state and don’t you forget it irregardless of what the so called expert posters say or don’t say
It’s all good!😃
Go DarkHorses

Last edited:
Will go down in history as one of the greatest called & executed plays in DarkHorse Stadium history
What a great game. The Horses didn’t stop Baldwin ( who was the real deal last year as well as this year) but they slowed him down just enough to hold St Paul’s to 20 point. Great defensive game and a great game by DarkHorse JJ Baggett (placekicked, punter and kickoffs) Mclaurin is a tremendous athlete.
I don’t usually mention DarkHorses by name, but these two were game changers among others.
For those of you who keep up with my time of day posting. You don’t go home after a game like this and go to bed!
And also for those of you who say East Conference 7 is just a weak conference, let me draw your attention to the weak conference, Reidsville played in for many seasons. Didn’t affect them too much. Clinton and St Paul’s can play with anyone in the state and don’t you forget it irregardless of what the so called expert posters say or don’t say
It’s all good!😃
Go DarkHorses
Thanks for your comment.Some posters always saying how weak the conference.Yes some teams r down right now.But Clinton an Stpauls will make a difference when playoff times comes.Great game .Congrats Clinton on another championship

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
Congratulations Clinton on a hard fought come from behind victory over another contender for a deep playoff run.. I wish you guys well.for the rest of the season and beyond... Glad to see the horses back to were they belong... It makes for more local teams to root for come playoff time

It’s all good!😃
Go DarkHorses
Awesome game Wiz, I think your Darkhorses are every bit as good as you’ve been saying the whole time. The eastern playoffs are going to be so good this year. There is not much seperation among the top teams. You guys in Sampson County have a lot to be excited for. I saw two very good teams play last night, it’s unfortunate that someone had to lose

First touchdown by 2 was all on him. I wasn’t so sure about that play call but he willed his way in.
On the hook and ladder, he made me look like a fool. As he approached the first wave of defenders, I screamed you gotta get out of bounds. He cuts inside and then runs past them all.
after the flag fest we witnessed, in real time, the same time the commentator was saying no flags, I was scanning the field.
The clinton turnovers were just painful to watch. No only the result of losing the ball, but how those plays happened.
But at the end of the day, it was a three point win. Three points off the foot off that kicker. Kickers win games. Hopefully in the next four years, he has the opportunity to kick one to win in the closing moments.
St. Paul’s starting line of scrimmage in the first half was 20, 15, 6 after a punt, and 20. When you are facing a strong RB, the best defense is more yardage to stop him.

First touchdown by 2 was all on him. I wasn’t so sure about that play call but he willed his way in.
On the hook and ladder, he made me look like a fool. As he approached the first wave of defenders, I screamed you gotta get out of bounds. He cuts inside and then runs past them all.
after the flag fest we witnessed, in real time, the same time the commentator was saying no flags, I was scanning the field.
The clinton turnovers were just painful to watch. No only the result of losing the ball, but how those plays happened.
But at the end of the day, it was a three point win. Three points off the foot off that kicker. Kickers win games. Hopefully in the next four years, he has the opportunity to kick one to win in the closing moments.
St. Paul’s starting line of scrimmage in the first half was 20, 15, 6 after a punt, and 20. When you are facing a strong RB, the best defense is more yardage to stop him.
Agreed Baggett leg and great special teams coverage did keep them pinned back but it’s hard to credit just a few for this win a lot of kids were out there making plays especially on the defensive side of the ball. #2 McLaurin is special especially once he gets in open space extremely shifty and has speed to burn once he got the lateral im sorry but #8 for St Pauls didn’t stand a chance. We tried this play right before half time I’m really surprised St Pauls didn’t pick up on it glad they didn’t.

#2 will get tons of praise for the hook & ladder TD and rightfully so, but kudos to #7 for the quick catch & pitch with 2 defenders right there with him. Talk about bang/bang, 7 caught the pass while airborne and tossed it back to the trailing #2 before his feet had touched the ground. A split second later and he's tackled for no gain.

#2 will get tons of praise for the hook & ladder TD and rightfully so, but kudos to #7 for the quick catch & pitch with 2 defenders right there with him. Talk about bang/bang, 7 caught the pass while airborne and tossed it back to the trailing #2 before his feet had touched the ground. A split second later and he's tackled for no gain.
Very correct !

Reactions: Maiden Creek
#7 Alex Evans credited the play to his work also on the baseball diamond said he makes that kind of flip all the time turning two…..and that’s why I love multi sport athletes

That was a great element play (heard that term last night on TV) glad Clinton won it... It been fun to see it live... Question was that play actually the official play or was it just a heads up play by the players? Either way it worked and worked perfectly...

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
That was a great element play (heard that term last night on TV) glad Clinton won it... It been fun to see it live... Question was that play actually the official play or was it just a heads up play by the players? Either way it worked and worked perfectly...
It was a called play no improvising it looks like we attempted right before half time half St Pauls didn’t pick up on it

Looking at St Pauls current projection #19 that’s going to be a dangerous lower seed I could definitely see them upsetting some folks plans

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT