ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs St Pauls WK 9

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Big time game this upcoming week in the SAC-7 and more than likely determines the conference champion as Clinton 7-1(4-0) host St Pauls 5-1(3-0). Big time game playoff atmosphere expecting great crowd on both sides should be a really fun game to watch and answer a lot of questions as both teams look to assert themselves in the conversation as contenders in the 2A East. Both teams come in riding win steaks Clinton defeated Red Springs last night 54-14 for their 6th win in a row St Pauls defeated Midway 51-22 for their 4th in a row. Last years match up was 56-38 win for St Pauls where we saw star RB Kamarion Baldwin go nuclear on the Darkhorse defense rushing for 402 yards and 6 TDs. Baldwin just as strong as a year ago coming in averag217 yards rushing per game.

For Clinton you had this one circled I’m sure. A chance to potentially capture a conference crown and get some revenge from last year. Baldwin had his way with a young Clinton defense a year ago but will dealing with a much more experienced and confident group this year headlined by a strong defensive front led by #10 Amaris Williams. This is where I believe will determine a lot that happens as far as slowing Baldwin down goes gotta hit that big boy and slow him down before he gets going,let him get outside or to the second level might aswell put up 6. Offensively Clinton has seemed to establish offensive identity and that’s #2 Josiah McLaurin getting him the ball any which way possible up to 18 total TDs on the season so far. Sophomore QB Nydarion Blackwell has steadily improved week to week and will also be leaned on heavily going forward. It’s important for Clinton to win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Taking care of the ball will be key don’t want the turnover bug to hunt you the way it did vs Wallace earlier this year.

For St Pauls I would expect it to be pretty simple feed #23 until we stop him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them mix in some QB read options and RPO. Sophomore QB Theo Seltzer is a very good athlete in his own right and watch for #8 Chris Bryant in the passing game. Defensively definitely looks like they have the size and athleticism to match us #30 Mcbryde looks like a thumper #8 Bryant is a ballhawk and I see they have a couple talented freshman they play. Just watching their game vs Union Pines earlier in the season.

Lots of great athletes on the field for both teams. This is going to be one you don’t wanna miss.

Last edited:
Big time game this upcoming week in the SAC-7 and more than likely determines the conference champion as Clinton 7-1(4-0) host St Pauls 5-1(3-0). Big time game playoff atmosphere expecting great crowd on both sides should be a really fun game to watch and answer a lot of questions as both teams look to assert themselves in the conversation as contenders in the 2A East. Both teams come in riding win steaks Clinton defeated Red Springs last night 54-14 for their 6th win in a row St Pauls defeated Midway 51-22 for their 4th in a row. Last years match up was 56-38 win for St Pauls where we saw star RB Kamarion Baldwin go nuclear on the Darkhorse defense rushing for 402 yards and 6 TDs. Baldwin just as strong as a year ago coming in averag217 yards rushing per game.

For Clinton you had this one circled I’m sure. A chance to potentially capture a conference crown and get some revenge from last year. Baldwin had his way with a young Clinton defense a year ago but will dealing with a much more experienced and confident group this year headlined by a strong defensive front led by #10 Amaris Williams. This is where I believe will determine a lot that happens as far as slowing Baldwin down goes gotta hit that big boy and slow him down before he gets going,let him get outside or to the second level might aswell put up 6. Offensively Clinton has seemed to establish offensive identity and that’s #2 Josiah McLaurin getting him the ball any which way possible up to 18 total TDs on the season so far. Sophomore QB Nydarion Blackwell has steadily improved week to week and will also be leaned on heavily going forward. It’s important for Clinton to win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Taking care of the ball will be key don’t want the turnover bug to hunt you the way it did vs Wallace earlier this year.

For St Pauls I would expect it to be pretty simple feed #23 until we stop him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them mix in some QB read options and RPO. Sophomore QB Theo Seltzer is a very good athlete in his own right and watch for #8 Chris Bryant in the passing game. Defensively definitely looks like they have the size and athleticism to match us #30 Mcbryde looks like a thumper #8 Bryant is a ballhawk and I see they have a couple talented freshman they play. Just watching their game vs Union Pines earlier in the season.

Lots of great athletes on the field for both teams. This is going to be one you don’t wanna miss.
been waiting since last year's shootout with St Pauls

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Clinton has played exactly ONE team with a pulse this year (not their fault) …and were taken behind the woodshed.

Prove it game for Clinton. My gut is screaming St Pauls but I’ll take Clinton since they’re at home. Could be 80 pts combined in this one.

Clinton has played exactly ONE team with a pulse this year (not their fault) …and were taken behind the woodshed.

Prove it game for Clinton. My gut is screaming St Pauls but I’ll take Clinton since they’re at home. Could be 80 pts combined in this one.
I would argue for one half they were taken behind the woodshed vs Wallace that 1st half was more self imposed between turnovers and extremely questionable playcalls/gameplan but yes this is a prove it game to see how different we are from week 2 playing wise and coaching

I was gonna say also, certainly give credit to WRH they won the game and that’s the objective is to win but to say Clinton was taken behind a woodshed is asinine. We outgained WRH by over 100yrds and we had 3 turnovers inside the redzone. They won and deserve their props but that verbiage is misleading.

I’ll say this Wallace coaches made adjustments they found something that worked and made the most of their opportunities basically the reverse of what we did in that first half. For this game coming up Friday if we get the ball in plus territory we have to put points on the board too and taking care of the ball is a MUST…..lose the turnover battle vs a good team more then likely your going to lose the game aswell

I’ll say this Wallace coaches made adjustments they found something that worked and made the most of their opportunities basically the reverse of what we did in that first half. For this game coming up Friday if we get the ball in plus territory we have to put points on the board too and taking care of the ball is a MUST…..lose the turnover battle vs a good team more then likely your going to lose the game aswell
I’ll add to this by saying we will have to win 1st downs and limit silly/stupid penalties on both sides of the ball.

Nice this is going to be a game... Im glad to see Clinton back to its traditional form feels like old times again since the Bob lewis years...
2326961980_8f95ff62f0_b.jpg

Careful with those comparisons.....or you'll summon the Hype Train!

Last edited:
2326961980_8f95ff62f0_b.jpg

Careful with those comparisons.....or you'll summon the Hype Train!
Well the person who coined that phrase on us his team hasnt experienced winning since 2009 so all that is invalid speaking positively about your team is something he doesn’t get to do often so he likes to make others feel bad when they do so…….since Lewis retired Clinton is 42-10 that’s winning football no matter how you try and slice it. A win Friday would more then likely mean a 4th conference championship in 5 seasons. I guess the only thing you would like to see more of is deeper playoff runs as that’s the elephant in the room right now only 1 time past round 3 in previous 4 trips under this current staff.

Last edited:
One of the best broadcasts I've listened to. Having met Darkhorse04 one of the nicesiest persons also. You guys get out this way I will take you on a real camping trip in the Ozarks. You will have a lot to talk about on your show ....lol

One of the best broadcasts I've listened to. Having met Darkhorse04 one of the nicesiest persons also. You guys get out this way I will take you on a real camping trip in the Ozarks. You will have a lot to talk about on your show ....lol
Thanks for kind words my friend. Yea we know absolutely nothing about camping. That’s what makes our “camping stories” so great!

Reactions: SWO-#1
Liberty ? Great program but gross institution. I’d love to see him at App. I think he’s trending towards a power five offer at this rate. State should take a gamble and offer him right away. Still hurts Kaba chose the fake Carolina to the south over the Pack. He would have thrived in State’s scheme.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse#34
I flipped a quarter with Clinton heads and St Pauls tails and it came up tails. What does that tell me? Nothing so either team by 7 or 14 points. Best of luck to both teams. I bet it will be a barn burner.

Uh who has anyone supposedly good played with a pulse and won? Are you comparing Clinton’s conference with Clinton, Midway and St Paul’s vs the ECC’s ED, WRH and Jk. Pretty much tip for tat if you ask me

LOL....he would say the Clinton/St Paul conference was tip for tat with the NFC East.

Kinston and Southwest would beat any team in that league with the exception of St Paul or Clinton.

Same tune....different day. Based on the current RPI ratings (and yes I know it is only one measuring stick) Clinton has the worse opponent winning percentage of any football playing school in the East 2A and second worse in the entire state on the 2A side. Only Southwestern Randolph has played a weaker schedule.

Still, chance to get a quality win this week against St Pauls.

Its all good #34. I think most on here understand and expect that type of response.

Not Clinton's fault the conference schedule for them is set up the way it is. If they had played St Pauls two or three weeks ago the SOS would be better.

FWIW, I have Clinton winning tonight fairly comfortably. Baldwin is a beast no doubt though. Win tonight and dont stub your toe against Midway and I can see the Darkourse seeded in the 4-7 range based on RPIs.

It would be literally impossible for them to lose to midway.
Agreed just know sometimes hard to “get up” after emotional competitive game which what I expect tonight. I expect us to handle Midway as well but definitely can’t overlook em gotta come with that same competitive spirit that we seen the last few weeks and will hopefully see tonight.

Reactions: sam
Good luck to the Darkhorses toninght, big game for ya. I would tune in but will go to the local team game at home tonight. We are a class 3 and playing up to a class 5 team. Both have the same record and we are tied for conference top and they are #3 in their conference. But they have 2 Powerhouse teams in thier conference unbeaten so far.

GO DARKHORSES

Goob, our radio should be synced per usual for home games. Keep me posted on how it sounds. Hoping to make sure I have everything plugged in right lol.
I sure will, if it wasn’t a 2.5 hr drive for me I would’ve gone. As I’ve stated before not one teams radio broadcast is as good and professionally done as what you guys are doing at Clinton. Its nice when you can tune in and the commentary is so on point it almost feels like your actually watching the game. Another thing is that when I tune in on NFHS I can clearly hear the radio broadcast just as if I was watching a game on ESPN. The scoreboard and time clock are also synced in perfect unlike most others which is definitely a plus. You guys are in for a good one tonight and I think it may come down to special teams play.

7-3 St St Pauls after the first go round for both teams….SP scored on 33 yard pass and Clinton 30 yard FG…..3:06 in 1st Q

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT