ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton off-season

NC State, ECU,Duke,App State, Coastal Carolina amongst others will be there Saturday don’t listen to someone who has no idea what he’s talking bout

False advertisement. D1s can't be there! Maybe CJ and the staff will have dudes wearing D1 polos to save face, but not allowed to be there. D2 and D3 can be there which is better than nothing but don't advertise D1.

Reactions: SWO4EVEr91
False advertisement. D1s can't be there! Maybe CJ and the staff will have dudes wearing D1 polos to save face, but not allowed to be there. D2 and D3 can be there which is better than nothing but don't advertise D1.
I'll let you or somebody else do the legwork on this, but pretty sure the month of May is deemed an Evaluation Period, during which on-campus visits and most forms of direct communication with the recruit are prohibited, but coaches can attend showcase-type events. And to your point about the "big schools" not attending, they pretty much do all their evaluations at their own summer camps and have had the "bigtime" kids on their radars for a while. But a scholarship is a scholarship, so absolutely this is a great opportunity for kids who otherwise might not be on anybody's radar to get a chance to play football at the next level and get a free or greatly-reduced price of an education.
But I'd also expect to have a few of the area "bigtime" schools to be represented in some form, as a) either to get an early look at some 8th/9th graders, and (mostly) b), to maintain a good relationship with the high school coaches for any future "studs". For example, as much talent as WRH has sent to the next level and beyond, if their coach said he was having a "showcase" for his players to demonstrate their knitting or cooking skills, if I'm the head coach at UNC, ECU,NCSU etc. I'm sending a at least a grad assistant down there with a smile on his face decked out in full university gear.

I'll let you or somebody else do the legwork on this, but pretty sure the month of May is deemed an Evaluation Period, during which on-campus visits and most forms of direct communication with the recruit are prohibited, but coaches can attend showcase-type events. And to your point about the "big schools" not attending, they pretty much do all their evaluations at their own summer camps and have had the "bigtime" kids on their radars for a while. But a scholarship is a scholarship, so absolutely this is a great opportunity for kids who otherwise might not be on anybody's radar to get a chance to play football at the next level and get a free or greatly-reduced price of an education.
But I'd also expect to have a few of the area "bigtime" schools to be represented in some form, as a) either to get an early look at some 8th/9th graders, and (mostly) b), to maintain a good relationship with the high school coaches for any future "studs". For example, as much talent as WRH has sent to the next level and beyond, if their coach said he was having a "showcase" for his players to demonstrate their knitting or cooking skills, if I'm the head coach at UNC, ECU,NCSU etc. I'm sending a at least a grad assistant down there with a smile on his face decked out in full university gear.
Thank you. I honestly don’t know why some people keep trying to throw mud on this. Ok you don’t like Clinton WE GET IT but this event isn’t just for Clinton kids it’s something for kids all over this area who i think we all can agree goes unnoticed and under recruited constantly. The negativity is totally uncalled for but seeing the ones trying to tarnish it doesn’t surprise me. And even if for some reason only smaller schools were to show up it’s still something.

Thank you. I honestly don’t know why some people keep trying to throw mud on this. Ok you don’t like Clinton WE GET IT but this event isn’t just for Clinton kids it’s something for kids all over this area who i think we all can agree goes unnoticed and under recruited constantly. The negativity is totally uncalled for but seeing the ones trying to tarnish it doesn’t surprise me. And even if for some reason only smaller schools were to show up it’s still something.

I know one kid from Murphy driving all the way out there for this.

Negative about what? Clinton ain't bringing in any big time schools. 34 just hyping up nonsense like always lol
You keep mentioning hype train as if 34 or some other Clinton fan is talking crap about everyone but Clinton. Last I checked all I’ve seen is stuff to hype the showcase, doesn’t matter that it’s at Clinton it’s in the east which is unusual I think is the point. Clinton just got it accomplished first. You should find a new hobby than cracking jokes on Clinton or other posters. SMH.

You keep mentioning hype train as if 34 or some other Clinton fan is talking crap about everyone but Clinton. Last I checked all I’ve seen is stuff to hype the showcase, doesn’t matter that it’s at Clinton it’s in the east which is unusual I think is the point. Clinton just got it accomplished first. You should find a new hobby than cracking jokes on Clinton or other posters. SMH.
Facts I just get up here and support the kids and the team just like other posters doing. Like I said at this points easier to ignore guys just going to post his BS.

Last edited:
I actually appreciate him trying to do something in this area like this. Maybe it will help some kid somewhere get a look that they wouldn't get. Maybe it goes well and just gets bigger.
EXACTLY!!!! It's for anyone, but particularly the kids living in the 910(many in rural areas) who don't get much recognition. This is a chance for them to be evaluated by D1, 2 and 3 schools. A great opportunity.

Great idea to get the kids together for a chance some few to get scholarships that wouldn’t normally be seen. Tricky tho. We always should have hope but most will be chasing something that’s not a life possibility. Kids that age should be learning life and football skills. A faith based camp where the leaders are instilling faith messaging for life skills and training for football. Nothing wrong with showcase but I don’t see the benefit for all. It’s kinda like playing the lottery. All that being said I would go and love it but I’m working Strawberry Festival all day Saturday. Hope it goes well and the leaders continually look for opportunities to help the kids grow in life

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Those who want to come out Saturday it is open to the public will also have music concessions/food trucks on site.
Keep us posted…I’ll be sipping on mint juleps watching the Derby that evening…reading NC Preps.
Thought about asking Rose Hill to hot rush me a quart of strawberries and making some “Strawberry Blonde” cocktails too! 😂

I’m picking the “Dark Horse”.. 2nd in the tri-fecta!😂

Fly! Swamp Birds! Fly!

Last edited:
Keep us posted…I’ll be sipping on mint juleps watching the Derby that evening…reading NC Preps.
Thought about asking Rose Hill to hot rush me a quart of strawberries and making some “Strawberry Blonde” cocktails too! 😂

I’m picking the “Dark Horse”.. 2nd in the tri-fecta!😂

Fly! Swamp Birds! Fly!
You may be right Creek!! Those Storm Chickens might make some noise 😁

There were 241 player profile sheets turned in after the 910 Classic. Check-in went pretty well with a couple of glitches for 8 kids or so but they were resolved. Not bad for a first time event. The breakouts seemed to flow on time. I have never attended a camp, but things flowed well from my vantage point.

I did see a gentleman with a portfolio that had baby blue writing on it. For those who were curious.

Last edited:
Come on board dude. Ewenc is crap in football. Top to bottom.
What has state won lately in football of any significance? Played for any ACC championships? You’ll get your chance with no divisions this year to try and get in the top two and UNC will try and erase the stigma that coastal is
LOL OK UNC apparently out here recruiting rocket scientists.
never said that, just said what a friend told me the insider at UNC said as to why they quit pursuing the kid at Clinton.

What has state won lately in football of any significance? Played for any ACC championships? You’ll get your chance with no divisions this year to try and get in the top two and UNC will try and erase the stigma that coastal is

never said that, just said what a friend told me the insider at UNC said as to why they quit pursuing the kid at Clinton.
Is that what its all about?? Winning Championships? Then you should certainly be quiet on that. As for throwing off on Williams when you think you have no chance , well that is what ewenc always does. Classy.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT