ADVERTISEMENT

Ali vs Frazier ROUND 4

The title of this thread is misleading, as we do not recall either boxer taking three (3) decades off in the middle of their run from even qualifying for a championship appearance.

But some would rather pretend that never happened, and instead just focus on the last 20 years as some kind of justification for the re-claim as the best of all time.

Sorry. It doesn't work that way.

Despite unmatched success in the pre-integration, pre-face mask, almost pre-historic watered down era before Super Bowls, a program can not be completely absent for 31 consecutive years out of the last 50 and promote itself as the "capitol (sic)" of anything.

The Golden Lions of Shelby High School are the most successful, SUSTAINED, winning football program in the state of North Carolina.
They are The True Dynasty.
Factually and historically.

Reidsville, you are not.

Friday night, win or lose, that does not change.
Welcome to Shelby.

what happened to your other account?

Shelby must play better than they did in all 3 of those games.
Perhaps. Those were the three best teams Shelby played this year and therefore, Shelby was going to be challenged in those games. No way Shelby was going to have a perfect game against those three. Of the three, the only game that I thought Shelby under-performed was against Burns but Burns played very well that night. South Pointe was a rough second quarter for the Lions, but Shelby isn't going to see a South Pointe like team in the 2A playoffs, so you don't have to worry about that.

Reidsville record is deceiving and I think that is what leads some to think this game will be close. That, and Reidsville has a traditionally strong program. But I am telling you, Reidsville is not in Shelby's league this year. Anything is always possible in football, but from what I've seen from the two teams, I think Shelby wins this game easily.

btw, I personally would like to see Shelby play more top teams from South Carolina. What happened to the Gaffney/Shelby matchup? Gaffney not want to play Shelby anymore?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
He is talking about the poster that got banned for posting that the Association did change the policy about recognizing all football championships as equal, regardless of state associations as they existed in the past.
Even though banned here, what he was attempting to change did result in the press and media adopting their own new policy to recognize all titles. That was evident on the Championship coverages.
So the publicity generated here, including the Association head posting here to refute the claim, did actually work to set the record straight.

He is talking about the poster that got banned for posting that the Association did change the policy about recognizing all football championships as equal, regardless of state associations as they existed in the past.
Even though banned here, what he was attempting to change did result in the press and media adopting their own new policy to recognize all titles. That was evident on the Championship coverages.
So the publicity generated here, including the Association head posting here to refute the claim, did actually work to set the record straight.

when did that happen? Where is that thread?

Reactions: thekidd12
The title of this thread is misleading, as we do not recall either boxer taking three (3) decades off in the middle of their run from even qualifying for a championship appearance.

But some would rather pretend that never happened, and instead just focus on the last 20 years as some kind of justification for the re-claim as the best of all time.

Despite unmatched success in the pre-integration, pre-face mask, almost pre-historic watered down era before Super Bowls, a program can not be completely absent for 31 consecutive years out of the last 50 and promote itself as the "capitol (sic)" of anything.

The Golden Lions of Shelby High School are the most successful, SUSTAINED, winning football program in the state of North Carolina.

Reidsville, you are not.

Welcome to Shelby.
Sup Paul

Reidsville, you are not.

Welcome to Shelby.
Posts like these remind me of Lebron James proclaiming himself the GOAT. Sad, really.

I forgot who eliminated Shelby from the playoffs in the spring.
Was it Hendersonville?
I knew that, but trying to add a little extra to this thread ... Yeah, it's a somewhat different set of players for all teams ... but that outcome does seem to indicate something.

I forgot who eliminated Shelby from the playoffs in the spring.
Was it Hendersonville?
I knew that, but trying to add a little extra to this thread ... Yeah, it's a somewhat different set of players for all teams ... but that outcome does seem to indicate something.
I have my assumptions…but I wasn’t there.

Were you?…it’s good debate…bait.

I don't know what alternate universe this is coming from but the "press and media did not adopt any NEW POLICY to recognize all titles. The NCHSAA has always listed the WNCHSAA titles in its records since members of the WNCHSAA joined it. It only recognizes as state champions those championships won by members of the NCHSAA.

All of the NCHSAA records are listed on its website. Check it out.

Sad that some Shelby fans just can't accept the facts as they are rather than as they wish them to be.

This is a great matchup! I would say a better description is Barney vs Puff the magic dragon Round 1, but I have work to do on the 3a boards. Good luck to both. Saturday morning should be great reading!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Please which ever iteration of the three headed snake this is please from all Shelby and Reidsville and all other fans this has been typed to death so lets leave it there and only talk about this Friday's game. Which will be a war, I just hope both teams keep the mouthing to a low level and just play hard. As with most big games like this it will most likely come down to turnovers, penalties, and execution. I just wish this was for a state title instead of a 4th round game.

Please which ever iteration of the three headed snake this is please from all Shelby and Reidsville and all other fans this has been typed to death so lets leave it there and only talk about this Friday's game. Which will be a war, I just hope both teams keep the mouthing to a low level and just play hard. As with most big games like this it will most likely come down to turnovers, penalties, and execution. I just wish this was for a state title instead of a 4th round game.

Reidsville Rams, don’t fall for this faux humility!
These Lions are sneaky. Be prepared to drub them until they call “Uncle”, no matter how nice they seem! Speaking from many years of experience.

• Haha
I don't know what alternate universe this is coming from but the "press and media did not adopt any NEW POLICY to recognize all titles. The NCHSAA has always listed the WNCHSAA titles in its records since members of the WNCHSAA joined it. It only recognizes as state champions those championships won by members of the NCHSAA.

All of the NCHSAA records are listed on its website. Check it out.

Sad that some Shelby fans just can't accept the facts as they are rather than as they wish them to be.
I know this has been best to death. But if you wish to do the research…..

scroll back through nchsaa social media for the feed from last years press conference. Notice what they mention as far as championships go when Reidsville is introduced. Then scroll back to the last time Shelby was at a press conference. Listen for the same detail.
22>11

Reidsville Rams, don’t fall for this faux humility!
These Lions are sneaky. Be prepared to drub them until they call “Uncle”, no matter how nice they seem! Speaking from many years of experience.
Now that you have a new crowd why don’t you tell some of your old jokes.

"Shelby wins. Hendo hasn’t seen a team with this much athletic ability and speed this season. This ain’t Owen you’re playing. Tracking Hendo has a little speed themselves but nothing like Shelby. Just the facts". Found this little quote from Shelby's spring game against Hendersonville. You must have a "go to" sheet for whatever reply is required. Go back about 15 pages, it is very entertaining. I have never seen so much exaggeration and bloviating until the match up with Reidsville. I never had any reason to follow the lions. You people in your little Club Cleveland west of Charlotte spend the whole fall season playing each other and running around in circles after the games patting each other on the rear ends saying "ya'll have a good team, we just got you tonight." Anything for Club Cleveland" where we play some other kind of ball that no one seems to be able to define. You all dodge having to name the "team up close to the Virginia Border." If you can't remember the name it is the one listed the most on NCHSAA's website on the Footbal-l List of State Champions page. You spend your time on the site trying to define your 'greatness'. That way is pretty simple. You will play a long time before you pass R-E-I-D-S-V-I-L-L-E. You will continue to win some and we will too. You may win friday night, or you may not, and you know it. If I may borrow a quote from one of your supporters: "This ain't Owen you're playing."

I know this has been best to death. But if you wish to do the research…..

scroll back through nchsaa social media for the feed from last years press conference. Notice what they mention as far as championships go when Reidsville is introduced. Then scroll back to the last time Shelby was at a press conference. Listen for the same detail.
22>11
How many of those championships were won since Shelby joined the association in 1977?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT