ADVERTISEMENT

Ali vs Frazier ROUND 4

@tarheel fan1 i know I have become King Opp this week, Shelby has talked a lot of crap, and you have your game face on, but holla at me, bro. We might can at least “dap up” before the game starts.

Reactions: Ramkiller2016
Going to be out of town this weekend but has anyone locally mentioned streaming this one video wise? Surely if Burns in Hendo can make the cut this one surely can.
Shelby by 14
I’ve seen both teams and I think the difference will be Shelby’s front 7.
🤷🏼‍♂️

The debate is over. Tonight’s dominating victory by the Golden Lions settles it.
And Reidsville STILL has not won a unified state title. NONE.
Reidsville never won or appeared in a title game before the two rival associations existed.
Shelby did.
Reidsville never won or appeared in non subdivided classification title game from 1977 to 2001. Shelby did. 3 Titles, 5 appearances.
And now with one title in play for 2A in 2021, they are no-shows again.
Why does it matter?
Because Reidsville claims to be something it is not.
The paths to all of their State titles has always been at the avoidance of many of the better programs in the state.
Shelby has won 6 of the last 8 titles. Twice beating Reidsville convincingly along the way in 13 and 14. In 15, Shelby crushed Kinston, who had beaten Reidsville. In 16, Reidsville won 2A while never facing Shelby, who won 2AA AND NEVER TRAILED ALL SEASON. Reidsville would have never gotten there.
In 17, both programs lost to the eventual champs.
In 18 and 19, Shelby dominates in the 2AA Title games, while Reidsville escapes Shelby again on the way to titles in 2A.
So three titles for Reidsville thanks to subdivisions.
2020/21 covid year was odd, with top talent leaving early, some not, spring season, and some weird scheduling and questionable subjective seeding.
After tonight, it is no reach to claim that had Reidsville had to face Shelby in 16,18, and 19, Reidsville would have 3 less titles. The total would be 19.
Shelby has 18, and is still playing.
The day will come soon when Shelby officially matches Reidsville in Total Championship Titles.
If Reidsville had not ducked Shelby since 1930…..it would have already happened.
We have proven to have the stronger program now, on the field, again.

The debate is over. Tonight’s dominating victory by the Golden Lions settles it.
And Reidsville STILL has not won a unified state title. NONE.
Reidsville never won or appeared in a title game before the two rival associations existed.
Shelby did.
Reidsville never won or appeared in non subdivided classification title game from 1977 to 2001. Shelby did. 3 Titles, 5 appearances.
And now with one title in play for 2A in 2021, they are no-shows again.
Why does it matter?
Because Reidsville claims to be something it is not.
The paths to all of their State titles has always been at the avoidance of many of the better programs in the state.
Shelby has won 6 of the last 8 titles. Twice beating Reidsville convincingly along the way in 13 and 14. In 15, Shelby crushed Kinston, who had beaten Reidsville. In 16, Reidsville won 2A while never facing Shelby, who won 2AA AND NEVER TRAILED ALL SEASON. Reidsville would have never gotten there.
In 17, both programs lost to the eventual champs.
In 18 and 19, Shelby dominates in the 2AA Title games, while Reidsville escapes Shelby again on the way to titles in 2A.
So three titles for Reidsville thanks to subdivisions.
2020/21 covid year was odd, with top talent leaving early, some not, spring season, and some weird scheduling and questionable subjective seeding.
After tonight, it is no reach to claim that had Reidsville had to face Shelby in 16,18, and 19, Reidsville would have 3 less titles. The total would be 19.
Shelby has 18, and is still playing.
The day will come soon when Shelby officially matches Reidsville in Total Championship Titles.
If Reidsville had not ducked Shelby since 1930…..it would have already happened.
We have proven to have the stronger program now, on the field, again.

Well Reidsville should get credit for 2 titles then for the spring since wonderful godly Shelby was in the same bracket and failed to keep up their end of bargain. Based on what you saying. Congrats to Shelby on winning the state championship last night.

Fact24, you haven’t been on here since 05, as many of us have.
Go ask your Reidsville old timers why they chose to pursue the “Capitol (sic)” nonsense, on their own, only AFTER you narrowly defeated Shelby in the 2007 title game.
Reidsville already owned the most titles, well before that.
But with the loss to Shelby in the 2005 Title game, the first meeting of the two programs, Reidsville’s awareness of Shelby’s dominance since the 60’s, and the GLARING ABSENCE of Reidsville from even a title game appearance from 71 to 01, your faithful HAD to wait for the opportune time. HAD to defeat Shelby.
It was so obvious. Even comical.
Shelby has the most wins Shelby has the most playoff wins. Shelby has the most title game appearances. Shelby has the most Titles since the merger in 1977 placed all public schools under one governing body. All performed consistently over the last six decades.
Reidsville took 31 consecutive recent years and went away.
Most of your titles came before integration and the modern era of Super Bowl football.
They all count, but to cling to that reality in the face of Shelby’s unmatched consistent domination is weak, sentimental at best.
And Reidsville has been lucky to avoid Shelby most of the time over the last 20 years, actually the last 100 years.
Or last night would have happened more often.
The debate is over.
The Shelby Golden Lions are The True Dynasty in NC high school football.

I’ll give you this much. The resources that that area has helped all the schools around there succeed. I’m glad Shelby is 2a. Just not sure how they are. Seems to me they are way bigger than Reidsville. A lady I work with has 2 brothers: 1 played for Shelby. The other played at crest. She tells me how things are done there and it’s just not the same as our area. We’ve over accomplished with the hands we have been dealt. Great players and coaching have made the rams who they have been since later 90s into the 2000s. Shelby is all time great program. I don’t even care who people say is the best ever. Because at the end of the day we’re both 2a and do the best they can each and every year. Time will tell everything. Whatever is meant to be will happen. Nothing we do can control any of it. So I don’t get mad . Even though people on here think I am. People that talk to me in person know how I really feel about anything. When I’m 70 in 40 years idk if Reidsville will even be a school . Or relevant. Nobody knows

I’ll give you this much. The resources that that area has helped all the schools around there succeed. I’m glad Shelby is 2a. Just not sure how they are. Seems to me they are way bigger than Reidsville. A lady I work with has 2 brothers: 1 played for Shelby. The other played at crest. She tells me how things are done there and it’s just not the same as our area. We’ve over accomplished with the hands we have been dealt. Great players and coaching have made the rams who they have been since later 90s into the 2000s. Shelby is all time great program. I don’t even care who people say is the best ever. Because at the end of the day we’re both 2a and do the best they can each and every year. Time will tell everything. Whatever is meant to be will happen. Nothing we do can control any of it. So I don’t get mad . Even though people on here think I am. People that talk to me in person know how I really feel about anything. When I’m 70 in 40 years idk if Reidsville will even be a school . Or relevant. Nobody knows
Don't know how many students Shelby has this year but it's usually between 820 and 850. Used to be a lot bigger 30 to 40 years ago and that was with 3 grades back then. Also believe you guys get helped from time to time by transfers too.

Don't know how many students Shelby has this year but it's usually between 820 and 850. Used to be a lot bigger 30 to 40 years ago and that was with 3 grades back then. Also believe you guys get helped from time to time by transfers too.
Why is he worried about ADMs, anyway? It doesn’t stop them from bragging about beating bad, “sound good in name only, used to be good in the past” 4A teams. Everyone was reminded all year of them dominating 4A Page, pretty much implying no 2A team is Page, and they would dominate the field, 2A opposition.

Helped out by the subdivision more so than anything.

Why is he worried about ADMs, anyway? It doesn’t stop them from bragging about beating bad, “sound good in name only, used to be good in the past” 4A teams. Everyone was reminded all year of them dominating 4A Page, pretty much implying no 2A team is Page, and they would dominate the field, 2A opposition.
May need to call certain posters out because they implies every ram fan/poster. We all know Page is decent but not great. Alternative is losing that game and we didn’t do that. But none of that matters now. We at home looking forward for next season. #letsgetit

Reactions: shslion

I said page was better than people think. Page is now starting to build back into a solid team. Especially next season.
What I think he meant was that Shelby is a 3a sized city, in which they are. But I think reidsville could be as well.

May need to call certain posters out because they implies every ram fan/poster. We all know Page is decent but not great. Alternative is losing that game and we didn’t do that. But none of that matters now. We at home looking forward for next season. #letsgetit

I was impressed with page win and knew it would translate into the playoffs, which it did. Never said anything about Shelby not having a chance

Reactions: FACT24
I said page was better than people think. Page is now starting to build back into a solid team. Especially next season.
What I think he meant was that Shelby is a 3a sized city, in which they are. But I think reidsville could be as well.
Maybe 3A sized city but you have to see where the lines are drawn. There are kids on the East side that drive past Shelby High to get to Crest. Doesn't make any sense.

I just spazzed out, bro, didn’t really read some of these posts in detail. I was annoyed going into the game. Some Ram posters went to instantly making excuses in advance, when Shelby and Reidsville became a formality, because of knowing, internally, that y’all could lose.

Mule made it sound, as if you guys were the walking dead on the O line, and was short of putting Ram fans in from the stands on the O line. Complete and utter bs!

Reidsville hardly loses, and doesn’t know how to lose, always making excuses. Before you say, “Shelby, too”. Nah! We usually take a lump or two during a season, because hate it or love, Shelby does indeed play tougher competition.

I really appreciated posts from Ramkiller, you, and Frank. You guys pretty much told it how it was, minus the bs excuses, and said the better team won that night. Ramkiller was the first to do it, so simple and to the point. Props to him for that.

As far as ADMs, don’t say one minute that they don’t matter, a good team is a good team, and may the best team win. Then, go to low key whining about Shelby having an advantage, because of having 75 to 100 more students.

Last edited:
I just spazzed out, bro, didn’t really read some of these posts in detail. I was annoyed going into the game. Some Ram posters went to instantly making excuses in advance, when Shelby and Reidsville became a formality, because of knowing, internally, that y’all could lose.

Mule made it sound, as if you guys were the walking dead on the O line, and was short of putting Ram fans in from the stands on the O line. Complete and utter bs!

Reidsville hardly loses, and doesn’t know how to lose, always making excuses. Before you say, “Shelby, too”. Nah! We usually take a lump or two during a season, because hate it or love, Shelby does indeed play tougher competition.

I really appreciated posts from Ramkiller, you, and Frank. You guys pretty much told it how it was, minus the bs excuses, and said the better team won that night. Ramkiller was the first to do it, so simple and to the point. Props to him for that.

As far as ADMs, don’t say one minute that they don’t matter, a good team is a good team, and may the best team win. Then, go to low key whining about Shelby having an advantage, because of having 75 to 100 more students.

I could care less about adm. I truly believe a good team is a good team. We didn’t have 50 on the line, but trust me that wouldn’t have changed much. (I’m not saying he’s not a good player). The o line concerned me before the game, they are decent but wasn’t sure how they’d deal with a front like that. I do think we had a solid team and a good season though, of course it wasn’t as good as the past 4 or 5 seasons.

But flat out Shelby probably beats this reidsville team 10/10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT