ADVERTISEMENT

Ali vs Frazier ROUND 4

Perhaps this will explain why we beat this drum.

N.C. Preps Rivals posted this today on all football forums.
See if you notice any inaccuracies, misleads, or neglects.

NCHSAA Playoff Facts
4th Round

- The matchup between Reidsville and Shelby pits arguably the two most successful football programs in the state against one another.
Reidsville has won 19 State Championships and is 86-25 (.775) in playoff games since 1972. Shelby has won 11 NCHSAA State Championships and holds a 112-26 (.812) in playoff games since 1972. The last time Reidsville & Shelby met in a playoff game was the 2014 2A Third Round won by Shelby 17-7. The Golden Lions also knocked Reidsville out of the 2013 2A playoffs, winning the Regional Final 49-3. The last time Reidsville defeated Shelby in the playoffs was the 2007 2AA State Championship Game, won by the Rams 28-20.

Finished?

First of all, they ARE the two most successful football programs in the the state. There is no argument . Richmond County, Charlotte Catholic, Crest, and a few 1A programs and some others have had great success and should be recognized. But none approach what Shelby and Reidsville have accomplished.
And the 31 consecutive year recent championship absence of Reidsville from 71 to 01 allows Shelby to truly separate into a league of its own.
Reidsville has NOT won 19 State Championships since 1972, as the next sentence would lead you to believe. We know they appeared for 0 titles from 72 to 01, so that implies……they have won 19 straight ! Wow. Nice try. And with 25 playoff losses, 19 plus 25 would indicate 44 years of playoffs since 1972. Not hardly
Shelby HAS won 11 State Championships since 1972. But they also won three more in 72, 75, and 76 as members of the rival WNCHSAA. The rival associations did not merge until 1977, and that should be the definitive date for recognition. Since 1977, Shelby has 11 titles. Reidsville has 9. See a pattern yet?
Shelby was 10-1 in playoff games from 72 to 76. That is not included above. 122-27 since 1972. 14 titles plus 27 losses equals 41 playoff years since 1972. That is accurate. 81.2 % winning percentage. In 41 playoff years since 1972. In normal 5 round playoff format, Shelby AVERAGES making the Championship Game in those 41 years. Think about that for a minute.
There are several programs in the 70% winning playoff range. There is only one in the 80% range - Shelby.
Finally, the writer conveniently left out the 2005 Championship victory by the Golden Lions over Reidsville 26-18. The series stands at 3-1 in favor of Shelby.
That is why we are setting the record straight. All the time.
Reidsville DOES have 19 titles ALL TIME, actually 22 counting the regional ones as they should, which is all they could win at the time. Shelby has 18 ALL TIME with all accurately recognized. The press and media now quote that number per their publications and broadcasts.
How long until the above post at NC Rivals is corrected? How many have read it already and are mislead? The numbers come from the wholly inaccurate and biased NCHSAA records.
When will that be corrected?

I read books, but not these things. It's like typing out a spread sheet with stats/data into words. I prefer the spreadsheets.

NCHSAA Playoff Facts
4th Round

- The matchup between Reidsville and Shelby pits arguably the two most successful football programs in the state against one another.
Reidsville has won 19 State Championships and is 86-25 (.775) in playoff games since 1972. Shelby has won 11 NCHSAA State Championships and holds a 112-26 (.812) in playoff games since 1972. The last time Reidsville & Shelby met in a playoff game was the 2014 2A Third Round won by Shelby 17-7. The Golden Lions also knocked Reidsville out of the 2013 2A playoffs, winning the Regional Final 49-3. The last time Reidsville defeated Shelby in the playoffs was the 2007 2AA State Championship Game, won by the Rams 28-20.

Finished?

First of all, they ARE the two most successful football programs in the the state. There is no argument . Richmond County, Charlotte Catholic, Crest, and a few 1A programs and some others have had great success and should be recognized. But none approach what Shelby and Reidsville have accomplished.
And the 31 consecutive year recent championship absence of Reidsville from 71 to 01 allows Shelby to truly separate into a league of its own.
Reidsville has NOT won 19 State Championships since 1972, as the next sentence would lead you to believe. We know they appeared for 0 titles from 72 to 01, so that implies……they have won 19 straight ! Wow. Nice try. And with 25 playoff losses, 19 plus 25 would indicate 44 years of playoffs since 1972. Not hardly
Shelby HAS won 11 State Championships since 1972. But they also won three more in 72, 75, and 76 as members of the rival WNCHSAA. The rival associations did not merge until 1977, and that should be the definitive date for recognition. Since 1977, Shelby has 11 titles. Reidsville has 9. See a pattern yet?
Shelby was 10-1 in playoff games from 72 to 76. That is not included above. 122-27 since 1972. 14 titles plus 27 losses equals 41 playoff years since 1972. That is accurate. 81.2 % winning percentage. In 41 playoff years since 1972. In normal 5 round playoff format, Shelby AVERAGES making the Championship Game in those 41 years. Think about that for a minute.
There are several programs in the 70% winning playoff range. There is only one in the 80% range - Shelby.
Finally, the writer conveniently left out the 2005 Championship victory by the Golden Lions over Reidsville 26-18. The series stands at 3-1 in favor of Shelby.
Reidsville DOES have 19 titles ALL TIME, actually 22 counting the regional ones as they should, which is all they could win at the time. Shelby has 18 ALL TIME with all accurately recognized. The press and media now quote that number per their publications and broadcasts.
How long until the above post at NC Rivals is corrected? How many have read it already and are mislead? The numbers come from the wholly inaccurate and biased NCHSAA records.
The Cliff Notes version of this is that Reidsville is second to none in titles.
1. Reidsville (22)
2. Shelby (18)
Two great programs.

At practice today, don't care what anyone says, But damn our Qb throws a beautiful pass, and those 5 rec...flat out catch everything.
So before people fire away, this just my opinion and I know its only in Practice today,but damn looked good🕶️🕶️🕶️
sounds like our practices.............
over-and-out-television.gif

NCHSAA Playoff Facts
4th Round

Finished?

Does Cleveland County offer mental health counseling?

Not true....ramkiller....2012 Reidsville Rams played at Carrboro (loss...they went on to win 2AA championship)..........3rd round...........
I said I think but I knew it was many many years ago, lost to Kinston on the road on the Hail Mary in 2011 and then Carborro in 2012..

Reactions: Maiden Creek
It is almost like Shelby and Reidsville has had a running thread for about the last ten years and we have run out of things to say in the latest posts. I do want to wish the Reidsville posters a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels on the way to Shelby Friday. May the best team win and remember these are just high school kids doing what they love.

It is almost like Shelby and Reidsville has had a running thread for about the last ten years and we have run out of things to say in the latest posts. I do want to wish the Reidsville posters a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels on the way to Shelby Friday. May the best team win and remember these are just high school kids doing what they love.
The Misses and I are coming down Friday morning. Any suggestions for good lunch spots? Also breakfast places for Saturday morning.

I have enjoyed reading the various posts and predictions. I never make predictions because I always believe the team that is favored in the computer algorithms will win. Upsets can happen or course. This means your Golden Lions are favored particularly considering the Rams are dealing with some serious injury matters.

Let's hope whoever wins will be injury free going up against Maiden or E. Surry.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

You’re genuinely a good dude, but you’ve been acting like you’re some Buddhist monk on here lately. Sheesh!

What is the injury report for both teams?
Everyone is banged up at this point of the season. Houze, for Shelby, is one of the leading returners in the state, and a darn good db. He’s gone for the rest of the season. Reidsville has their concerns. No excuses, though! It’s the next man up for both teams.

• Sad
Reactions: Maiden Creek
You’re genuinely a good dude, but you’ve been acting like you’re some Buddhist monk on here lately. Sheesh!
Scared to death. He shouldn’t be. Shelby is Shelby. Shelby is at home. I can’t actually pull for Shelby, but some of the nonsense I’ve read on this thread makes me think I wouldn’t mind very much if Shelby beat the piss out of this team.

Everyone is banged up at this point of the season. Houze, for Shelby, is one of the leading returners in the state, and a darn good db. He’s gone for the rest of the season. No excuses! It’s the next man up for both teams.

8 has been gone the whole season. 22 has been gone about half the season. So the rams been dealing with that the whole year. Mule is overly freaking out. 50 is a big blow, but as you said next man up

Reactions: Lion Attack
Scared to death. He shouldn’t be. Shelby is Shelby. Shelby is at home. I can’t actually pull for Shelby, but some of the nonsense I’ve read on this thread makes me think I wouldn’t mind very much if Shelby beat the piss out of this team.

And Dudley will do that to you next week. If you make it past sp.

• Haha
Reactions: whitedynamite
Scared to death. He shouldn’t be.
Right! It’s one thing to respect your opponent, but he’s been extra with it, over praising these guys. I haven’t seen one favorable thing he’s posted about Shelby, just some, “I hope we keep it close” type stuff.

Reactions: crestrulz
And Dudley will do that to you next week. If you make it past sp.
Probably. But, I’ll still be on here saying they won’t all week not kissing their buttholes. I don’t even know what your point is.

Screw Reidsville and Dudley and Mack Brown and anyone that doesn’t like it.
Sincerely,

6 Time

Cleveland County > the rest.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Probably. But, I’ll still be on here saying they won’t all week not kissing their buttholes. I don’t even know what your point is.

Sincerely,

6 Time

I mean it seems like you expected us to kiss shelby butt hole. Shelby and Reidsville fans have both smacked talked during this thread.

Sincerely,

6 Time

That eastern coaching where they run the same running back over and over is doing you all some good this season....at least till Adams leaves I guess.

I mean it seems like you expected us to kiss shelby butt hole. Shelby and Reidsville fans have both smacked talked during this thread.
Nope. I just said some stuff I read made it not bother me if Shelby were to drag them. I’m a Crest fan. I’d rather catch strep throat from a transgender manatee than pull for Shelby.
All that Cleveland County stuff is what I was referring too.

By all means don’t kiss their butts. Talk it then walk it.

They have to get past South Point, but I think they’d play Dudley close. Both have a common opponent in KM, and beat them pretty much the same.

I think crest is the best match up for Dudley. But still think Dudley is at leas 10-14 points better. South point and crest will be a dog fight

What time should we get to game on Friday to get a seat? Reidsville side

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT