ADVERTISEMENT

Ali vs Frazier ROUND 4

Lol you probably right, I try not being a beating man, u comming to game fri

That's why I don't go off those computer stuff,
In 2013, Calpreps had Clinton beating Shelby,
31-21 in the state championship. I remember thinking and posting, no way a team would score 31 points on that defense, and that Shelby would win easily. Needless to say, I was right. No disrespect, Clinton posters. I can’t take a site that hasn’t even updated the coaching info seriously, anyway. Ware has been gone almost 3 years now.

I will never doubt Bud Crawford again, straight savage. Porter gave a good account of himself, though. He made the fight hard to score, up until the knockdowns, and stoppage by his dad. Errol Spense was in the crowd. We need that fight! They are not getting any younger.

Yes, that's a dream fight spence and crawford. I was rooting for Porter and felt bad on his dads comments and that he retired.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Yes, that's a dream fight spence and crawford. I was rooting for Porter and felt bad on his dads comments and that he retired.
Wow, bro! I had to google the retirement part. I did hear the comments by his dad right after the fight. Felt badly, too, but didn’t like his initial comment about Porter not being prepared for the fight. That was a weak excuse, in my opinion, but he articulated the rest of the post fight interview well. He gave Crawford his due props, and pretty much admitted that he stopped the fight to protect Porter from what was about to happen. Hats off to Porter, though. He fought any and everyone.

Largest crowd I believe that was in Shelby was Golden Lions Vs Havelock in the 1986 state championship game.
Was it larger than the Crest and Shelby game a few years ago?? First time I’ve ever seen people park at Kmart for a game and that’s a fact. Had a few people park at Wendy’s and cross the bridge to go down the backroads. Insane crowd. With SP and Crest playing I doubt it gets that packed but KM and Burns fans will definitely be there.

I'll be there. Might have to crawl into the stadium on my bum knee. Staying overnight.

Massey has Shelby winning 38-35 with a 55% chance of winning.

Calpreps has Shelby by 36-35 adjusted for homefield advantage.

Don't know when Simmons will check in with his numbers.

Last edited:
I posted the videos in your Crest/Shelby thread. they're probably on page 10 of the forum by now. The crowd flooded on to the bank/grass and almost covered it on the videos.
Reidsville needs some crowds like that. Could generate some needed funds. Been debating putting in Runaway Truck Ramps in the end zones to help slow Flippen down when he
goes out the end zone.

I'll be there. Might have to crawl into the stadium on my bum knee. Staying overnight.

Massey has Shelby winning 38-35 with a 55% chance of winning.

Calpreps has Shelby by 36-35 adjusted for homefield advantage.

Don't know when Simmons will check in with his numbers.

oh oh, you jinx them now

The rams will be traveling to goat county to take on the giant puddy cats.

Lions might be over hype and over anxious and make some miscues and mistakes to put Reidsville in position to win. Not sure if the secondary can contain Flippin and supporting receivers. Rams big running back behind that big line might be too much for the front 7.

Lions have no run game for Reidsville to worry about so it'll make it easier to strategize for. with a 2 man front. Unfortunately I have to pull for the neighborhood and hope for a 704 win... maybe by a field goal or something if they can stay within a TD.
How many times has your favorite team been beat by Shelby?

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Shelby.

you came in gunz blazing with your first 2 posts :D

I mean you could have just started with some small chat you know, build some rapport and blend in.
I've been reading for a number of years (enough to witness your crazed obsession with Shelby). Never cared to post till I saw this thread and people acting like this is some game of the century or something.

I'll be at the Maiden @ East Surry game. That is going to be the more entertaining and closer game.

• Love
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Tickets being sold today and tomorrow at Shelby high and Medical Arts. Just got mine this afternoon. Don't want to wait in line on Friday night.

Reactions: Lion Attack
nvm...

the plot thins lol
That “no running game” narrative doesn’t apply to 2A opposition, and if our backs break, there will be no catching them.

Shelby will have success running the ball. It’s not as if Reidsville has some run stuffing defense anyway. McCombs, to quote the great John Page, “ran like he was mad at the grass” on their asses. He ran for damn near 300 yards. The couple of teams they played with a pulse, had some success running the ball on them.

They, however, will struggle to run the ball against Shelby. Big backs typically don’t do well versus Shelby, unless we’re playing up. The East Gaston kid, Hill, did have success, but look at what happened to him the second time around. He did nothing. The quick scat backs are the concern.

You Reidsville guys can listen to Chopper all you want. You’ve played no one like Shelby. Don’t let that Burns score fool you, either.

Last edited:
One thought I have after watching bout all film I can dig up of this year's team.
Reidsville best players play both ways.
Shelby only has one player Online, Dline.
Just wondering how Reidsville kids hold up in 2nd half to all that running on both sides of ball.Both teams spread it out big time.
I do believe that will make difference in 2nd half

I think this will be a close game unless one team just turns it over or plays terrible. Penalties dropped passes missed receivers etc etc. I think if both teams play to their capacity on both sides of the ball, I give slight edge to the Golden Lions. One thing is for sure. Both are very talented.Probably give the coaching advantage to Reidsville.

The only thing that concerns me is Lee, Shelby’s Lee. This is the biggest game of his young career. He’s had a phenomenal year, but has thrown ints lately versus tougher opposition. But, best believe Reidsville’s young quarterback will face obstacles, too, versus the Lions.

That “no running game” narrative doesn’t apply to 2A opposition, and if our backs break, there will be no catching them.

Shelby will have success running the ball. It’s not as if Reidsville has some run stuffing defense anyway. McCombs, to quote the great John Page, “ran like he was mad at the grass” on their asses. He ran for damn near 300 yards. The couple of teams they played with pulse, had some success running the ball on them.

They, however, will struggle to run the ball against Shelby. Big backs typically don’t do well versus Shelby, unless we’re playing up. The East Gaston kid, Hill, did have success, but look at what happened to him the second time around. He did nothing. The quick scat backs are the concern.

You Reidsville guys can listen to Chopper all you want. You’ve played no one like Shelby. Don’t let that Burns score fool you, either.
Mccombs is a great running back no question. But about 130 yds of his rushing yrds came late in the third qtr and the fourth qtr against the Rams second team defense. Reidsville defense is the weakest of the past five years but they don't have to do a whole lot when the offense is in high gear. Rams starting offense scored TDS on 13 consecutive possessions against Chase and Hendersonville before being stopped on two straight possessions when the WR was stripped of the ball.

One thought I have after watching bout all film I can dig up of this year's team.
Reidsville best players play both ways.
Shelby only has one player Online, Dline.
Just wondering how Reidsville kids hold up in 2nd half to all that running on both sides of ball.Both teams spread it out big time.
I do believe that will make difference in 2nd half

Reidsville best players have always played both way. Pass played both ways

Just hand the game to Shelby now. No need for Reidsville to show up. Let’s just take a bow and end it
Shelby posters have read this Hercules bs about y’all all season. The Ramallion,(half ram, half stallion) UNC91 once posted, Reidsville by 35. Dagoob predicts a blowout. Playa2020, Chopper, etc., all have posted craziness in y’all’s favor. Chop won’t bet any bread, though. We have read about your speed all season. Best believe Shelby has burners on deck, too.

I've been reading for a number of years (enough to witness your crazed obsession with Shelby). Never cared to post till I saw this thread and people acting like this is some game of the century or something.

I'll be at the Maiden @ East Surry game. That is going to be the more entertaining and closer game.
Did you just actually say that game would be more entertaining than this one…how dare you 👍

On another note, Shelby girls BB, defending 2a champs are taking on Vance girls right now.
Should be good one, seeing we never play anybody

Saw them play WA way back at the beginning of the season, and was at the Hendersonville game this past Friday.

I've seen Shelby play South Pointe, Crest, and Burns.
You must have been disappointed with the defense cause our offense put 580 yds on hendo with room to spare. More than the famous Daniel team from SC.

Shelby posters have read this Hercules bs about y’all all season. The Ramallion,(half ram, half stallion) UNC91 once posted, Reidsville by 35. Dagoob predicts a blowout. Playa2020, Chopper, etc., all have posted craziness in y’all’s favor. Chop won’t bet any bread, though. We have read about your speed all season. Best believe Shelby has burners on deck, too.
This is complete bs. I can’t stand Reidsville and have never, not once posted anything about this game. Don’t drag my name in this drama. I’m hoping Shelby curb stomps Reidsville. I hate to say this because I really have a ton of respect for Tarheelfan but this has nothing to do with him. He’s a straight up class act in my eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT