ADVERTISEMENT

Ali vs Frazier ROUND 4

I'm going with Shelby in this one.... ps only chicken sandwiches, candy and drinks on the visitors side concessions.
Egfan, did u think we look better this time then 1st game?

Big factor this game was 77 big baby was out hurt 1st game, also offense lineman was out.
77 is middle anchor to the D 6-3. 320
We were able to run 5-6 man front to stop those long runs of Hill. Also no.3 porky db was back, but he did play 1st game been hurt since

don't harangue the messenger but according to calpreps.com latest rankings....Here are the power ratings of the 4 remaining west regional 2A teams:

Maiden 35.7

Reidsville 34.8

Shelby 33.3

East Surry 28.4

This oughta get some good posts going.....lol.................

In 15 Shelby and Crest were both undefeated at 10 and 0. Both were defending state champions. I still believe to this today they may have been the best two teams in the state as both again won their state championships and scored in the 50's in their title games. Some say around 15,000 with the stands full before 6 o.clock.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Egfan, did u think we look better this time then 1st game?

Big factor this game was 77 big baby was out hurt 1st game, also offense lineman was out.
77 is middle anchor to the D 6-3. 320
We were able to run 5-6 man front to stop those long runs of Hill. Also no.3 porky db was back, but he did play 1st game been hurt since
yep, Shelby was better than the 1st meeting. We were dominated in every phase of the game this past Friday. #22 for Shelby went to Stanley Middle (East Gaston feeder). How did he end up at Shelby? We could use him next year!

don't harangue the messenger but according to calpreps.com latest rankings....Here are the power ratings of the 4 remaining west regional 2A teams:

Maiden 35.7

Reidsville 34.8

Shelby 33.3

East Surry 28.4

This oughta get some good posts going.....lol................

Maiden 35.7

Reidsville 34.8

Shelby 33.3

East Surry 28.4

Calpreps does not adjust its power ratings for home field advantage. Their unadjusted matchup has Reidsville 35 Shelby 34. When you adjust for home field its Shelby 36 Reidsville 35. Also injuries to the Widermans are not taken into consideration.

What are his injurys, kid get hurt that bad?

They are brothers. Both are hurt, not really sure on the status of either. 22 the line backer has been hurt most of the year and has came back and got re injured. Hoping he is back at olb. 50 just recently got hurt, it didn't look good, but who knows. Number 8 was considered to be our best player coming into the season hasn't played all year due to a injury suffered during the spring season. Luckily he has another year.

yep, Shelby was better than the 1st meeting. We were dominated in every phase of the game this past Friday. #22 for Shelby went to Stanley Middle (East Gaston feeder). How did he end up at Shelby? We could use him next year!
His family all from Shelby, his uncle's went school with me

Reactions: egfan

Maiden 35.7

Reidsville 34.8

Shelby 33.3

East Surry 28.4

If I posted this they would come for my head, especially the golden insiders from goat land. Looks like Maiden is favored now, just like the machine's say(not us, the machines).

They are brothers. Both are hurt, not really sure on the status of either. 22 the line backer has been hurt most of the year and has came back and got re injured. Hoping he is back at olb. 50 just recently got hurt, it didn't look good, but who knows. Number 8 was considered to be our best player coming into the season hasn't played all year due to a injury suffered during the spring season. Luckily he has another year.
I'm sure your back ups are pretty good. This is Reidsville, not Highland Tech.

In 15 Shelby and Crest were both undefeated at 10 and 0. Both were defending state champions. I still believe to this today they may have been the best two teams in the state as both again won their state championships and scored in the 50's in their title games. Some say around 15,000 with the stands full before 6 o.clock.
I have no dog in the fight but I know what you type is true. I was there. I don’t care who doesn’t like it.

I watched the Maiden n Salsibury game. Maiden has really good defense. Have to say I was impressed with the way they shut Salsibury down like they did.
We are much stronger physically than our size would let on. We got some weight room junkies in this 4 stop light town. We may not look the fastest but we take great angles, play smart, and have been aggressive.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I know livermush is big down in the SW part of the state.....How is it different than liver pudding?? love me some Neese's liver pudding with eggs or just a sandwich...Are they the same or are there differences in how they are made.....btw...this has nothing to do with Reidsville/Shelby football......looking forward to making the trek to the southwest next friday..............
U can do alot better than neeses. Around Duplin co anyway...just sayin

What you think about the fight?
I will never doubt Bud Crawford again, straight savage. Porter gave a good account of himself, though. He made the fight hard to score, up until the knockdowns, and stoppage by his dad. Errol Spense was in the crowd. We need that fight! They are not getting any younger.

Last edited:
We are much stronger physically than our size would let on. We got some weight room junkies in this 4 stop light town. We may not look the fastest but we take great angles, play smart, and have been aggressive.
I was working this summer doing bath remodel for Coach Justin Hawn parents, eating at Don's everyday I met coaching staff for Maiden great guys, Coach Wilbanks like those guys too

I was working this summer doing bath remodel for Coach Justin Hawn parents, eating at Don's everyday I met coaching staff for Maiden great guys, Coach Wilbanks like those guys too
Hawn was a year behind me...he might not admit it but I taught him damn near all he knows about being a linebacker! My cousin married his sister...it's all family 'round here.

I have no dog in the fight but I know what you type is true. I was there. I don’t care who doesn’t like it.
I was there too, was hard to find a place to stand on the bank. There were no seats in the stands. Those were some great Shelby and Crest teams.

I posted the videos in your Crest/Shelby thread. they're probably on page 10 of the forum by now. The crowd flooded on to the bank/grass and almost covered it on the videos.

Reidsville is not as deep off the bench as they were in the past. They look more like a true 1A/2A team now.
Seems like almost the whole team plays both ways . May not be true just looks that way. But they are tough regardless and didn’t wear down vs Hendo when it was the first real game in a 4th quarter . So I know the confidence is high and not cocky.

It will be decided on the field. Power rankings mean absolutely nothing this time of year. All teams are good and capable of winning.
Well, actually power ratings do matter. 75%+ of the time the team with the higher power rating will win.

Go back and check Simmons stats.

I believe #18 was playing the linebacker position due to the injury to #22.

I think 18 started pretty much the entire year. 16 wasn't starting, but I'm sure he's earned a starting spot next season. Luckily 16 and 18 have had a lot of time pretty much starting at this point.
Reidsville is not as deep off the bench as they were in the past. They look more like a true 1A/2A team now.

I think we will be deeper next season.

Reactions: Stanimallector
Wow 14,000 + people at a HS game is wild. Us down East I’d be willing to bet have never seen that. Largest crowd I’ve probably been apart of was either Clinton at SW Onslow a few years back in playoffs OR when I was in HS Clinton at East Duplin like 01 or 02’.
4-5 k tops but the stadiums in the east aren’t as big as in the west so when you see people standing in games in the east it’s overflow, but when you see people standing in west you know if all seats are gone it’s already like 7k plus.

Shelby's stadium is larger then most, home side pretty sure holds 7500 itself and that not including what people the banks will hold.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT