ADVERTISEMENT

#8 Shelby (12-2) at #2 Hibriten (14-0)

Who wins?

• Shelby

Votes: 85 63.4%
  • Hibriten

Votes: 49 36.6%

• Total voters
Why do you compare scores? What dumb logic. Shelby needed overtime to squeeze by kings mountain who lost last week to JM Robinson, a team Hibriten dismantled 34-7

Don't compare scores, it makes us all look stupid
And, by the way, Hibriten needed a trick play to squeeze by Newton Conover, a team Shelby dismantled. You ain’t saying nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: my_2cents
I'm not very knowledgeable with Hibriten. I've read several comments about them being one dimensional with the run. If that is the case Dax and company will shut them down. I'm sure Witherspoon is a good running back, but he has not been faced with a defense like Shelby. They are well coached and adjust quickly to the task at hand.

I am not a Hibriten fan but have seen them three times. I have seen Shelby play on KTC broadcasting a couple of times. Neither team is gonna run roughshod over the others defense. This will be a low scoring game that will probably be decided by a turnover. It's a toss up, a 14-7 type game
Possibly, but this ain’t 1960. Hibriten has to utilize the forward pass vs Shelby. We eat one dimensional running teams for breakfast.

And, by the way Hibriten needed a trick play to squeeze by Newton Conover, a team Shelby dismantled. You ain’t saying nothing.
As far as Newton Conover goes, that was a team that was healthy when they faced Hibriten. At season's end they were decimated with injuries to top players. So scores can't be compared. If anything I give Shelby a slight advantage because they don't turn the ball over and Hibriten has been bitten by that bug

As far as Newton Conover goes, that was a team that was healthy when they faced Hibriten. At season's end they were decimated with injuries to top players. So scores can't be compared. If anything I give Shelby a slight advantage because they don't turn the ball over and Hibriten has been bitten by that bug
No Newton Conover poster mentioned injuries, only that their running back was out due to suspension. You just made that injury thing up, freestyled that off the top of your head. Newton Conover posters still thought they’d beat us, because of hearing about our so called struggles, offensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: 72 State Champion
Truth is this Shelby team is very beatable. You have a good defense but you won't move the ball on Hibriten' s defense with a QB nursing a high ankle sprain, he'll get pounded! You barely beat Freedom, got lucky against kings mountain, could not muster much offense against Mt. Pleasant. Truth is if Hibriten takes care of the ball and don't beat themselves I don't feel Shelby can beat them without a little help

Truth is this Shelby team is very beatable. You have a good defense but you won't move the ball on Hibriten' s defense with a QB nursing a high ankle sprain, he'll get pounded! You barely beat Freedom, got lucky against kings mountain, could not muster much offense against Mt. Pleasant. Truth is if Hibriten takes care of the ball a doesn't beat themselves I don't feel Shelby can beat them without a little help
Truth is, I’m not worried about a one dimensional running team beating us, period. And, I think KM would smoke you guys. Y’all beat JM early, game 1 or something.

Truth is, I’m not worried about a one dimensional running team beating us, period.
Stay confident then. Hell, I don't like either team but as an unbiased observer, y'all will have to force a couple of turnovers to win. Good luck

Stay confident then. Hell, I don't like either team but as an unbiased observer, y'all will have to force a couple of turnovers to win. Good luck
And, that works both ways, and how come you don’t like either team? I would have sworn that you were a Hibriten fan. Let me guess, you’re a supporter of a mountain team.

Why did Shelby barely beat MP who barely beat Foard. Read all weak that there offense would fly all over them. Not long ago I read Shelby posters say that there middle school team blocks better than varsity

Reactions: Berrysauce2
Why did Shelby barely beat MP who barely beat Foard. Read all weak that there offense would fly all over them. Not long ago I read Shelby posters say that there middle school team blocks better than varsity
Why did y’all struggle w/ Franklin in the first half?

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. 26-0 sucked last year and honestly I was very confident we would win it all last year.

Shelby seems to play to their competitors level quit a bit. I think Hibriten is a very good team but they are going to have to incorporate some type of passing game, even if it’s just a couple easy reads early, to keep Shelby off balance. If I was Hibriten I would come out slinging the ball.

Well losing to the #2 team in the nation was one and the other was avenged against the state's #1 2-A team
It's not really you lion attack, it's some of the other Shelby posters and I'm sure you know who they are also. Honestly, I think this will be a great game, no bulls###

Reactions: Lion Attack
Tarheel, stick to baseball, only thing West can win at.
Shelby will be ready fri. Win or lose ill be back here,
We win, u be gone, sad you gotta ride another teams coattail

Reactions: dogs79
I wouldn't write off our offense either. Lion Attack said Malik will be fine this week. Our offense may not be as potent as the last few years, but we find a way to win. If you use the JM comparison from early this season we beat them in scrimmage I think 42-7 in two quarters. I don't put a lot of stock in previous scores because every week in high school football is different especially in the playoffs. The team that plays with more heart wins. This Shelby team is on a mission this year.

Tarheel, stick to baseball, only thing West can win at.
Shelby will be ready fri. Win or lose ill be back here,
We win, u be gone, sad you gotta ride another teams coattail
I'm not riding no coattails, like I said , don't really care for either squad but because of cocky fans like you everyone that's not a Shelby fan actually hates them. I never even picked Hibriten to win and you jump on me because I think it's two good teams and will be a good hard fought game. Karma will bite you on the a$$

No, if thats the case im fine with it, i too belive it will be close and good game, just feel alot want Shelby to get beat.
I belive Shelby will be ready fri. As i feel Hibrite will also,

Unless ur playing Highland Tech or this years East Burke or about an every year Draughn team, the score comparisons don’t matter. I love it when I come out and use this example. Freedom 98’ destroyed all the teams that shut out East Burke. When the two got together for the final reg season game(Fat Friday when it actually meant something) Freedom barely walked away with a “W”

I’m just gonna say- any team on this occasion on this field in Lenior sorrounded with crowded butt cheek to butt cheek stands with a ridiculously long consession stand line at halftime....can win. Throw all comparisons/whose hurt whose not/whose good who ain’t OUT the window.

Whatever you do, don’t drive in past 630. It will suck trying to get a seat.

Somebody made a comment about Foard. Lemmie tell ya Foard has come around like u wouldn’t believe. I’d been telling people on here not to sleep on em in the near future. 2 years from now after Hibriten loses this group of talent like they lost in 2010(making 2011 a major growing pain year)Foard may roll into Lenior n have their way. West Caldwell will be down and South may rise again to how they were for a good stretch of time. All that has nothing to do with this game I know ha ha. But that’s just my Caldwell co talent forecast for now. Could it change, yes, the weather man ain’t always right and neither am I.

This year and definitely next year Hibriten is gonna shine. If they wanna consider bringing a Charlotte powerhouse team up for a good slobber knocker edge of your seat non conf game like Butler in 2010 next year will be the year to do it. Vance, Mallard Creek, Charlotte Catholic or Harding will Work just fine. That’s another one- Harding. We’re did these guys come from? They’ve stank for 20 plus years.

IMO this game is laying on Clay Lewis' shoulders. What he runs offensively will make the difference. Shelby will stack the box and he knows it. His game plan for Friday is HUGE!

Reactions: beamer24
Somebody made a comment about Foard. Lemmie tell ya Foard has come around like u wouldn’t believe. I’d been telling people on here not to sleep on em in the near future. 2 years from now after Hibriten loses this group of talent like they lost in 2010(making 2011 a major growing pain year)Foard may roll into Lenior n have their way. West Caldwell will be down and South may rise again to how they were for a good stretch of time. All that has nothing to do with this game I know ha ha. But that’s just my Caldwell co talent forecast for now. Could it change, yes, the weather man ain’t always right and neither am I.

This year and definitely next year Hibriten is gonna shine. If they wanna consider bringing a Charlotte powerhouse team up for a good slobber knocker edge of your seat non conf game like Butler in 2010 next year will be the year to do it. Vance, Mallard Creek, Charlotte Catholic or Harding will Work just fine. That’s another one- Harding. We’re did these guys come from? They’ve stank for 20 plus years.

Don’t know about that. Yes in 2 years HHS will have a drop off, but not like 2011. There Sophomore and Freshman classes football talent is stacked.

Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT