ADVERTISEMENT

#4 Shelby (5-2) vs. #5 Walkertown (5-0)

Listening to Crest vs CC on the radio. Ruff and Birders are just too fast for CC. 21-7 Crest in the first quarter.

Reactions: CrestMan7
Listening to Crest vs CC on the radio. Ruff and Birders are just too fast for CC. 21-7 Crest in the first quarter.
I just switched over to that game. Way more competitive. Here's a youtube link. If Ruff and Borders were still at Shelby oh my that would be a sight to see

Last edited:
I can't tell if Shelby is playing well or if Walkertown is just bad..

Both.. Walkertown played awful the last game they played so I'm not a bit surprised. Surry Central in that game got the ball several times from them but they couldn't ever produce. Shelby's WAY better.

McKoy doesn't do much to coach and it shows with these kids. He lets them run around and over non athletic teams, when they face someone better they look lost.

Last edited:
Since when did the kid that used to film the Crest game move to Shelby and film ours? He or she is a good five seconds behind anything that happens...lol

We have some big time injury concerns now, Phillips and Santana Hopper, with Hopper’s being a major concern.

Hopper ankle maybe broke, Omar looks like knee, Porky looking pretty good

See. Told yall 35+ win Haha Walkertown just not in the same class as Shelby. I'm glad. I want reidsville and shelby both to win every game big.

See. Told yall 35+ win Haha Walkertown just not in the same class as Shelby. I'm glad. I want reidsville and shelby both to win every game big.

As long as you guys and Reidsville keep the perpetrator 3A/4A schools from winning a free championship in 2A I'm fine with that.😎

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
We have some big time injury concerns now, Phillips and Santana Hopper, with Hopper’s being a major concern.
Agree 100 percent.Both injuries looked bad especially Hopper.This team can't afford to loose two of their best three players.We did have a lot of young kids making plays last night.

Wilbanks said Santana going be ok, x-rays clear.
Omar more test maybe tore MCL

Agree 100 percent.Both injuries looked bad especially Hopper.This team can't afford to loose two of their best three players.We did have a lot of young kids making plays last night.
Wilbanks said Santana going be ok, x-rays clear.
Omar more test maybe tore MCL
I made the mistake of depending on the live stream last night, which has been damn near garbage all year. KTC Broadcasting was much better. How would you say the Lions looked last night?

Reactions: Bulldog_012
LA, they switched back to a 4-3 and some 5 man front, Maliki back on end, the D looked like what we had been expecting it to be.
Offense played pretty well, could get running game in gear, but Walkertown had pretty good D, hugh up front. Think at half Shelby had held them to 38 total yrds.
Loved 2nd half getting young players involved, some speeders at rb.

Reactions: Lion Attack
LA, they switched back to a 4-3 and some 5 man front, Maliki back on end, the D looked like what we had been expecting it to be.
Offense played pretty well, could get running game in gear, but Walkertown had pretty good D, hugh up front. Think at half Shelby had held them to 38 total yrds.
Loved 2nd half getting young players involved, some speeders at rb.
Very refreshing to know. Gives me more confidence. Hopefully, it’s something they’re doing, period, going forward, rather than it just being the scheme they decided to run on this particular opponent.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
I agree, Maliki was on fire from DE position
We played part on D...
Really was nice seeing young kids get in and get after it, had whole side line fired up, something this team has needed is to get fired up and be a whole

Maliki should have been there all year. That’s like having a stud pitcher in high school ball and only letting him close games but playing center field because he has an arm.
You do what’s best for the TEAM not the player.

Very refreshing to know. Gives me more confidence. Hopefully, it’s something they’re doing, period, going forward, rather than it just being the scheme they decided to run on this particular opponent.
LA, the change in defensive scheme changed the whole demeanor from passive play back, to aggressive and go get the ball. Just complete domination from that side of the ball. WE have ALL been waiting on it all year knowing the talent on that side of the ball was there. We need to stay in the mode and scheme and being aggressive. On the offensive side of the ball couldn't run it a bit, big part of that was Walkertown was very quick upfront. We were able to throw it outside and down field with good consistency and let our athletes make plays from there. Number 19 at WR (sorry I don't know his name) has great hands and speed and moves once he gets it. Best game by far this team has played all year. We were also much more into the game mentally as a team except for one bone headed play that could have gotten a certain player thrown out again (should have been thrown out). This certain player needs to learn very quickly to rein in his emotions or he is going to hurt his team by not being able to be on the field cause the kid can play. Now on to a new challenge and seeing if we can arise to the occasion Hendersonville won't just role over cause they are playing Shelby, we have to go earn it.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT