ADVERTISEMENT

WRH vs Shelby for it all. (Poll)

Let’s go!

• WRH

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Shelby

Votes: 118 76.6%

• Total voters
But it was clear they couldnt throw it OR catch it. Defensively they cant defend passes either. Most eastern teams dont see a handful of passes in an entire season, let alone 25 in a game. That is a killer when you DO run into a team like Shelby or Reidsville, or even teams like East Surry or Murphy, that can do both and defend both. . WRH may have the best rushing attack in the history of NC football for all I know. but in the end, they are still a one dimensional team. And in these big games against versatile teams, that is rarely the recipe for success. JMO.
But it was clear they couldnt throw it OR catch it. Defensively they cant defend passes either. Most eastern teams dont see a handful of passes in an entire season, let alone 25 in a game. That is a killer when you DO run into a team like Shelby or Reidsville, or even teams like East Surry or Murphy, that can do both and defend both. . WRH may have the best rushing attack in the history of NC football for all I know. but in the end, they are still a one dimensional team. And in these big games against versatile teams, that is rarely the recipe for success. JMO.
If you consider winning 6 titles in 14 years as being “rarely successful” then I totally agree with you. 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
If you don't go and lick a wall. Do you know how many championships wallace, tarboro, north edgecombe, james keanan, north dublin, plymouth,Bertie, williamston, and JH rose has won running the ball????
I dont. On the other hand, including this game today, do you know how many those teams lost because they couldnt score enough running the ball and had no other option? I remember some of those very clearly as well.

They played that Saturday and he was offered the next day, which was a sunday...do your homework!!

"I asked him, 'Do you know what you could do with a Yale degree?'" Jermaine said. "He said, 'Yes, but I wouldn't be happy.'"

Javonte's dream came true the day after he led the Bulldogs to the team's fourth straight state championship on Dec. 10. During a visit to Tar Heel head coach Larry Fedora's office, Javonte was offered a scholarship.

Emotions overcame the family.

"My wife started crying, and then it was me," Jermaine said. "So we cried more than he did as far as the emotions. He just started laughing at us as his dreams had come true."
Dang bud. I ain't stupid. I know he played at Carolina. What I said about it not being true is that State has been looking at Kanye. They never really seemed interested in Javonte. It was no secret he wanted a UNC offer so that could be why State never showed interest. It's a bit different with Kanye. I'm hoping they give him an offer.

That is is congrats to Shelby! No embarrassment losing to a great high school!!
Shelby just has too many guns. Their QB really played well and he had time all night to throw or run. If there had been split conference's this year (which I was a fan of) then both these teams would be holding the trophy tonight. I think this WRH team was as good as 2017. Consider the bad call on Montgomery's long run that should have been a TD and the wide open pass the kid dropped and you have a very close game. It was worth the effort to drive to today. Congrats to both teams on a great season.

I would like to give a shout out to the offensive line on a great game. Congratulations to the Golden Lions. Also congratulations to WRH on a great season and Roberts is the real deal.
That OL really won this game for Shelby and the defensive line too. WRH couldn't get pressure on Lee and they couldn't give their Qb time to throw. WRH needed that weather to move in at 3:30.

1st off, congrats on great season for WRH.
And congrats on great 1st half..played by u guys.
I said in a earlier post I was worried about our outside corners, teams this year had success on edges.
But for me I didn't ever feel scared we loose, I 1st saw WRH couldn't stop us on offense at all.no pressure, and rec open all night.
2nd I always said when we ran the wing-t
U get behind it's hard to recover.
At half Shelby coaches made adjustments.
Also great coaching by WRH. , Some of the trick plays, caught us off gaurd.
Again congrats to my Lions, and I will say WRH was great team. Roberts real deal.

I dont. On the other hand, including this game today, do you know how many those teams lost because they couldnt score enough running the ball and had no other option? I remember some of those very clearly as well.
You said you dont, then you said you remember some very clearly...smh... do you know how many team have lost championships passing? a lot. It comes down to defense. Wallace beat Reidsville one year and Reidsville threw the ball. J H rose beat numerous team on their 4 year streak running the ball and those other teams threw the ball. It comes down to defense. Teams must was doing something right to get to the state championship. ...smh

Dang bud. I ain't stupid. I know he played at Carolina. What I said about it not being true is that State has been looking at Kanye. They never really seemed interested in Javonte. It was no secret he wanted a UNC offer so that could be why State never showed interest. It's a bit different with Kanye. I'm hoping they give him an offer.
I never said State was looking at Kanye. You must responded on the wrong post then....I was talking about Javonte....

You said you dont, then you said you remember some very clearly...smh... do you know how many team have lost championships passing? a lot. It comes down to defense. Wallace beat Reidsville one year and Reidsville threw the ball. J H rose beat numerous team on their 4 year streak running the ball and those other teams threw the ball. It comes down to defense. Teams must was doing something right to get to the state championship. ...smh
Let's be honest though, normally if u don't throw it u don't practice it or against it.
Alot of East teams run it.
WRH looked lost at times in the secondary

Let's be honest though, normally if u don't throw it u don't practice it or against it.
But that doesn't define teams overall that run the ball. For example, Tarboro shut east surry down one year and then east surry came and threw their lights out the 2nd year, then tarboro shut them down the 3rd year. Wallace also did a great job containing Reidsville throwing game when Wallace had Javonte...Its all in being well prepared...

If you consider winning 6 titles in 14 years as being “rarely successful” then I totally agree with you. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Some of these guys are slow... Wallace has beat Reidsville, Tarboro has beat East Surry, Plymouth has beat Murphy.... All of them were one dimensional....Do what your good at!!!... Clinton dark horses has won numerous in the "T" ....What are they talking about???

somebody's lying..lol
1st off, congrats on great season for WRH.
And congrats on great 1st half..played by u guys.
I said in a earlier post I was worried about our outside corners, teams this year had success on edges.
But for me I didn't ever feel scared we loose, I 1st saw WRH couldn't stop us on offense at all.no pressure, and rec open all night.
2nd I always said when we ran the wing-t
U get behind it's hard to recover.
At half Shelby coaches made adjustments.
Also great coaching by WRH. , Some of the trick plays, caught us off gaurd.
Again congrats to my Lions, and I will say WRH was great team. Roberts real deal.
In no means am I undercutting Shelby's championship but the dropped pass for TD and the out of bounds call for a TD and we're driving on our last possession for possible win. I still can't get over the on sides kick with 14 seconds left in the first half and the muffed punt. That would have been our perfect game we needed with a couple breaks. Again Shelby are the Champions and well earned. Proud of our Dogs

In no means am I undercutting Shelby's championship but the dropped pass for TD and the out of bounds call for a TD and we're driving on our last possession for possible win. I still can't get over the on sides kick with 14 seconds left in the first half and the muffed punt. That would have been our perfect game we needed with a couple breaks. Again Shelby are the Champions and well earned. Proud of our Dogs
Remember no excuses

Shelby's O line played Great. QB don't have to wash his Jersey just hang it up. He played great.

"If our qb has time he can throw it. Call it one dimensional all you want but when you lead the country in rushing, not really much of a need to throw it much." Except when you NEED to. WRH is going to need to. They also are going to need to DEFEND the pass. Those that dont see a need to pass the ball dont often see a need to play defense against it either. And for good reason in their case. I wonder if they saw 10 passes thrown against them all year in that league they play in? They will see that many maybe in the first quarter of this game I would bet.
Look!!! WRH has had a problem with just not having those Kids in t 'n e secondary. 3 sophmore DBs and a Jr going bothways. With younger backups.

Oh by the way, there were many passes thrown against WRH this season. But like 14 other teams that fell to Shelby we got hit with a decent passing attack.

And who says that a team doesn't see the need to stop the pass. Lol

Agreed, we (Northeastern) went away from what we do best in our loss against Wrh. Why I have no clue but it cost us big time. Everyone knew that Wrh weakness was defending the pass and it was on full display today for everyone to see. We are one of the few eastern teams that love to air it out. The Shelby receivers were wide open all game long. There’s no coming back when you get down a couple scores if your only option is to run. Credit to Wrh though, they defied the odds by making it the cship game and at least had a shot to win, more than we can say.

Just watched the post game press conference and I am an even bigger fan of Coach Motsinger ! That there is one more great hearted individual …. He speaks from the heart every single word
Watching him in a post game interview is why I decided to start going to watch their games when we had an open date. He seems like he would be a blast to play for. I talked to him after they beat us at West Craven and found out he and I have something in common. Both of us almost lost a leg in tragic circumstances. He is a really interesting guy to talk too. Remember the post I made saying in 30 years he will be remembered as a legend?

Agreed, we (Northeastern) went away from what we do best in our loss against Wrh. Why I have no clue but it cost us big time. Everyone knew that Wrh weakness was defending the pass and it was on full display today for everyone to see. We are one of the few eastern teams that love to air it out. The Shelby receivers were wide open all game long. There’s no coming back when you get down a couple scores if your only option is to run. Credit to Wrh though, they defied the odds by making it the cship game and at least had a shot to win, more than we can say.
It wasn't our system, it was the Jimmy's and Jo's. Shelby got more

Wow my hats off to Shelby! Great game to watch for sure with all the scoring, especially the first half. Shelbys offensive and defensive lines were just too much for us to hang with as the game wore on. I think we done about the best that we could have expected and we stayed in there close for the first half but you could tell from the beginning that Shelby was a better team overall than us. We needed a few breaks with turnovers or something like that to have a chance and Shelby never gave them up. QB can really spin it and with that line he had all day to find open receivers and it was extremely tough for us to stop. 2nd half is all Shelbys defensive adjustments that worked out perfectly to slow down our running game. Great sportsmanship as well and again congratulations on another title, y’all deserve it as the best in 2A.

As for my Dogs, congratulations to them as well for an outstanding season. It’s been awesome watching this team get better and better each game. For a #10 seed that wasn’t supposed to get past the 2nd round it was a great playoff run. Having to go on the road and beat the #1, #2 and #3 seeds was so much fun. Especially happy for Kanye and all he has done this season that will definitely be in the NC record books and hope he has continued success at the next level at App St.

Edited to add: Kanye tell NC state to piss off if they offer this late!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT