ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs Shelby

Too funny Dog. Last year I sat beside woman and her daughter on the Golden Lions side and when she was eating popcorn I stuck my hand out for some. Her and her mom looked at me like what the heck- then she poured popcorn in my hand. They love me at Blanton.

I'll see you there, GDG. I'm going to hook up with SHS. I'd say Shelby Lion too, but he's a Burns guy now and doesn't make many games.

I'll see you there, GDG. I'm going to hook up with SHS. I'd say Shelby Lion too, but he's a Burns guy now and doesn't make many games.
I gotcha phone number SD. I'll give you a call if I make it thru the Lawndale traffic congestion and Fallston cattle drive.

Reactions: seadog28
We will find out after this game that Lincolnton is the Alpha Dog of 2a football in the state of North Carolina!
I know you want this to be true so your loss to a 2a school doesn't seem as bad. Unfortunately come Thursday you will find out that not only is Shelby the alpha dog of 2a we probably would be the alpha dog of 3a. If Shelby doesn't get killed by penalties like last week I say we win by 2 tds at least.

I hear theres a track meet Thursday night at Shelby and South Point just comming to watch..lol....Lions 34 vs Red midgets 14

SMH, sf1. That's exactly what Crest fans say! You're toast!

Last edited:
I know you want this to be true so your loss to a 2a school doesn't seem as bad. Unfortunately come Thursday you will find out that not only is Shelby the alpha dog of 2a we probably would be the alpha dog of 3a. If Shelby doesn't get killed by penalties like last week I say we win by 2 tds at least.

Nervous looks good on you, bholla!

Nervous looks good on you, bholla!
I'm not nervous. I respect south point but I would say your team is on par with a.c. reynolds and we still beat them by 3 tds at there place while being killed by the refs to the tune of 152 yds in penalties. Like I said previously, if we avoid that issue on Thursday then we beat the red raiders by 2 tds and I'm being gracious with that number.

Bro, i watched highlights from Lincolnton game
Yall may come here and beat us, but im sorry nothing impressed me on film from either team.
Questain is do we wanna have 500 yrds offense again or 600, coach Ware may not call dogs off, maybe ugly....lol

Thanks for being gracious, holla. I mean it. However, we intend to spank your toothless azzes because we can and we like it. No hard feelings?

Bro, i watched highlights from Lincolnton game
Yall may come here and beat us, but im sorry nothing impressed me on film from either team.
Questain is do we wanna have 500 yrds offense again or 600, coach Ware may not call dogs off, maybe ugly....lol

SF1, love your enthusiasm! You and holla should do a symo vomit. It might make you feel better. We are the Mighty Red Raiders!!!

Bro ive been following Shelby since 79 matter fact i was at Shelby vs Sp @ Sp in 79 just young teenager
Been to every game between them since, in all fairness you have great program.
I respect them, and most Shelby fans do.
I know they are well prepared everygame.
I for one glad this series is back..
I do feel we are somewhat better this year, but u still gotta come play.
Have a safe trip Thur. Im seeing that its going be packed house better come early

Bro ive been following Shelby since 79 matter fact i was at Shelby vs Sp @ Sp in 79 just young teenager
Been to every game between them since, in all fairness you have great program.
I respect them, and most Shelby fans do.
I know they are well prepared everygame.
I for one glad this series is back..
I do feel we are somewhat better this year, but u still gotta come play.
Have a safe trip Thur. Im seeing that its going be packed house better come early

Respect, bro!

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Respect, bro!
South point always plays shelby tough and I expect a physical game which will benefit us come playoff time. The fact is we have way too many athletes and you won't be able to keep up with our passing game. Your pride is clouding the reality that you know is coming on Thursday. Enjoy these next couple days of lying to yourself before the beating that I know you truly expect ocurrs.

South point always plays shelby tough and I expect a physical game which will benefit us come playoff time. The fact is we have way too many athletes and you won't be able to keep up with our passing game. Your pride is clouding the reality that you know is coming on Thursday. Enjoy these next couple days of lying to yourself before the beating that I know you truly expect ocurrs.

Holla, you boys are too caught up in the hype. We don't do hype. We do Cleveland County!

Seadog u may own Crest, but all time series is 34-14 Shelby..getting ready to be 35-14

The legend will speak now.
(trumpets in the background play)

Shelby will have more trouble with SP than they expect. Will they win? Yes. Will they still play powder puff finesse football? Yes. Do they have 3-4 really talented players? Yes. Do they have bad hygiene? Yes. Does the average person in Shelby and the HS itself have an IQ of 33? Yes. Will SP get 2-3 INTs? Yes. Will Shelby throw for 3 plus TDs? Probably.

Long story short like *crestrulz's trouser length: Shelby has been unimpressive in the last few meetings with SP, and I expect this will be their best group yet. BUT....even with a down SP mainly due to offensive offense, the game will still be close at the end. Shelby should be very, very scared of our backfield. They are sneaky fast and talented. They have a lot of power and heart. Watch out for them....they'll get ya. It's like Auburn '85 back there with that outfit. Be prepared for a track meet.

No sense pacing myself, SHS. After this one, it gets boring.
Correct Mr. Seadog,
GACO football is akin to charter school football at this point. It literally is the worst I've ever seen the collective football be in the county. Less mills and more lake and country club properties is a big factor. MS SP will roll through this county conference and make some people forget that we are average, with below avg. parts of the offense.

Hey- the OL and DL are stout though!! Defense is nice in spots.

Correct Mr. Seadog,
GACO football is akin to charter school football at this point. It literally is the worst I've ever seen the collective football be in the county. Less mills and more lake and country club properties is a big factor. MS SP will roll through this county conference and make some people forget that we are average, with below avg. parts of the offense.

Hey- the OL and DL are stout though!! Defense is nice in spots.
Should I attend this game will I be bumping into the legend "RalphMachio"?

The legend will speak now.
(trumpets in the background play)

Shelby will have more trouble with SP than they expect. Will they win? Yes. Will they still play powder puff finesse football? Yes. Do they have 3-4 really talented players? Yes. Do they have bad hygiene? Yes. Does the average person in Shelby and the HS itself have an IQ of 33? Yes. Will SP get 2-3 INTs? Yes. Will Shelby throw for 3 plus TDs? Probably.

Long story short like *crestrulz's trouser length: Shelby has been unimpressive in the last few meetings with SP, and I expect this will be their best group yet. BUT....even with a down SP mainly due to offensive offense, the game will still be close at the end. Shelby should be very, very scared of our backfield. They are sneaky fast and talented. They have a lot of power and heart. Watch out for them....they'll get ya. It's like Auburn '85 back there with that outfit. Be prepared for a track meet.
Welcome back Ralph and good luck to your Raiders.

If I get to come Ill be late getting there probably around 8:45 or 9pm

Hope its a good game, no doubt South Point will give us trouble..... 2 out of the last 3 times we played South Point we gave up the most rushing yardage
we have ever given up at Shelby (I think that's correct).... Its hard to stop, but I believe we shall slow it enough to send Seadog into a Wild Irish Rose, binge kind of night and ol Coonie into a "we were cheated and should've won" type post all over here/facebook etc....

Have fun clowns, hope I get to get there early enough see all you rubes....

If I get to come Ill be late getting there probably around 8:45 or 9pm

Hope its a good game, no doubt South Point will give us trouble..... 2 out of the last 3 times we played South Point we gave up the most rushing yardage
we have ever given up at Shelby (I think that's correct).... Its hard to stop, but I believe we shall slow it enough to send Seadog into a Wild Irish Rose, binge kind of night and ol Coonie into a "we were cheated and should've won" type post all over here/facebook etc....

Have fun clowns, hope I get to get there early enough see all you rubes....
All Coonie cares about is Crust .

I believe that if Shelby wins this game like I think they're gonna do, everybody else will just be fighting for the scraps they leave behind the rest of the season.

South Point ought to make it easy on there self and forfeit.Cause they are going to get schooled.

Great game brewing...

Hijack alert... The Lincolnton South point thread died before I could get an answer from SP. Q: What is the music played before the National Anthem at SP games?

They play the SP alma mater and a tribute to the fallen soldier with the flag corp. I don't know the formal name of the music.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
This game will have to be a low scoring game for SP to win. A shootout goes to Shelby. It highly depends on how the passing plan is used by Shelby. Lincolnton's passing game was not effective going to wide outs at the line of scrimmage.

A couple passes down field did connect but not many. SP lost their game to Lincolnton on two very long scores due to poor tackling when they had the running back at the line of scrimmage. The second long score had four guys tackling the back only to let him slip loose and ramble to the endzone.

Shelby needs to cut down on the penalties. From my point of view I'm not sure the swing passes outside are legal. Looks like a basketball pick. I know they would not be legal in the pros.

Team Stats:
Rushing - SP
#24 - 78 - 294 - 1 TD
#12 - 16 - 77 - 2 TD
#30 - 11 - 42 - 0 TD
# 20 - 7 - 12 - 0 TD

Passing - SP
#12 - 8 - 20 - 3 - 104 - 3 TD

Receiving - SP
#33 - 4 - 75 - 3 TD
#5 - 2 - 17 - 0 TD
#30 - 1 - 7 - 0 TD
#23 - 1 - 5 - 0 TD

Rushing - Shelby
#14 - 23 - 222 - 3 TD
#24 - 20 - 101 - 1 TD
#13 - 2 - 10 - 0 TD
#12 - 16 - (-42) - 1 TD

Passing - Shelby
#12 - 30 - 48 - 1 - 571 - 7 TD

Receiving - Shelby
# 6 - 12 - 424 - 5 TD
# 8 - 6 - 62 - 1 TD
#3 - 5 - 45 - 0 TD
#14 - 4 - 36 - 1 TD
#13 - 2 - 6 - 0 TD
# 11 - 1 - (-2) - 0 TD

No! You're going to see the battle for the bell or whatever, Freedom vs East Burke, catch your Patriots vs one of your chief rivals.
Once upon a time Freedom vs East Burke was as big a gate as ever produced. I went many times. Now its not quite the draw with the addition of Draughn and Patton. Come on over Pats and see well coached ball. Bring the staff for a clinic. Mickey and Lance understand how to use their talent. Hopefully I get to meet you Lion Attack. Good luck to Malik and mates as well as South Point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT