ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs Shelby

SHS LION

Jun 23, 2007
This should be a great Thursday night game with SP coming off a loss they will be looking for a win at Blanton Memorial.

Seadog I hope you will come back out from under the rock and join us.

should be a great game, also somewhat of a measuring stick for Lincolnton-Shelby collision course. I think if SP had won they would slip in this one with having to play 3 big games in a row. They may now be refocused and makes it even better. Ill say Shelby 34 SP 31

Dont know if SP will able to score 31 on Shelbys D.
I think score will be like Shelby 28- Sp- 13

Seadog I hope you will come back out from under the rock and join us.

I'm here, SHS. No sense "pulling a cramper" after a close loss to a good football team.

Really looking forward to taking multiple dumps at Blanton!

I'll be surprised if this is really that close. Shelby is just on a 4A level this year. 31-17 Shelby.

I'll be surprised if this is really that close. Shelby is just on a 4A level this year. 31-17 Shelby.

We got em right where we want em. Riding high and looking past us. Maybe, just maybe, Lincolnton is the class of 2a this year! Think about it.

Let's just hope Cleveland County can keep the power for lights on this year. Pay your dang bill.

I bet their game clock works. You won't have to depend on some homer running around with his phone. Keeping the time.

Well be it as it may.....this is one Lincolnton fan/player parent that will be in attendance on Thursday night... For what I expect to be a great show.... I won't give a prediction but I do forsee a good one brewing....SP to regain its mojo....and Shelltown to make a point.....can't wait!!!!!

Reactions: Lion Attack
Well be it as it may.....this is one Lincolnton fan/player parent that will be in attendance on Thursday night... For what I expect to be a great show.... I won't give a prediction but I do forsee a good one brewing....SP to regain its mojo....and Shelltown to make a point.....can't wait!!!!!
Don't go Zuke. Better to not see what lies ahead.

Don't go Zuke. Better to not see what lies ahead.
Lol.....my gut is telling me that what lies ahead is way down the road....somewhere in the 12-13 game range....that's a long time to get a feel for whatever forecast lies ahead....this one will mean something on both ends....kinda like ...."The Haves and The Have Nots!!!" Best of luck to both....

WARNING: There may be a Catholic Cougar in your midst this upcoming Thursday. Shelby Lion if I'm there I'll be looking for you. We can sit together and make Crest jokes all night long.
Not a guarantee I'll be there though, may want to watch UNCC get beat by 50 on the road at Louisville, we'll see.

WARNING: There may be a Catholic Cougar in your midst this upcoming Thursday. Shelby Lion if I'm there I'll be looking for you. We can sit together and make Crest jokes all night long.
Not a guarantee I'll be there though, may want to watch UNCC get beat by 50 on the road at Louisville, we'll see.
Im with ya on that as i graduated from uncc.....will stream shelby / sp and watch the niners.

I may make it as well Thursday. Not sure yet but it will depend on projects ongoing. I may partake in the BBQ place as well. Anyone who has not met the Devil come by the home concessions at halftime and I'll wear a tan hat that says Sanibel Island. Sooner or later you Cleveland County guys will be meeting the real Devil. Better get right.

B and G 22, keep your wallet in your front pocket. Should you drop it, kick it to Belmont before you pick it up.

Reactions: Godevilsgo
B and G 22, keep your wallet in your front pocket. Should you drop it, kick it to Belmont before you pick it up.
Too funny Dog. Last year I sat beside woman and her daughter on the Golden Lions side and when she was eating popcorn I stuck my hand out for some. Her and her mom looked at me like what the heck- then she poured popcorn in my hand. They love me at Blanton.

Reactions: seadog28
Been a great game the last 3 years.
2013 - S. Point won 35-24 (dominated 4th Q)
2014 - S. Point won 44-39 (back-and-forth - Muse kid was everywhere)
2015 - Shelby won 35-28 (S. Point wouldn't give up)

Remember, Shelby won the 2A state championship all 3 of those seasons, but went 1-2 vs SP.

I expect another great game Thursday night.

Although the game is on TWC, you can also listen live to the game on 1390 AM and 101.3 FM in the Shelby area. You can also listen on the internet at www.ktcbroadcasting.com

It will be Belmont before the Mighty Red Raiders get their asses picked up after we kick them.

I personally like Blanton and Allen Field. The smell of burgers, popcorn, that livermush sandwich, and the fruitful smell of liquor on everyone's breath. Reminds me of Newton-Conover minus the livermush.

Reactions: '98 State Champion
I saw David whip Goliath last week in Leicester. No reason it shouldn't happen again in Shelby this week.

SP by 17.....because I like those tough little bastards. :)

I saw David whip Goliath last week in Leicester. No reason it shouldn't happen again in Shelby this week.

SP by 17.....because I like those tough little bastards. :)
Okay Cougar I'll lay $100 and take Shelby and the 17 points!

Great game brewing...

Hijack alert... The Lincolnton South point thread died before I could get an answer from SP. Q: What is the music played before the National Anthem at SP games?

We will find out after this game that Lincolnton is the Alpha Dog of 2a football in the state of North Carolina!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT