ADVERTISEMENT

SMAC Predictions

Sorry burns fans. You're best hope is playing for fourth in the conference and making the playoffs! Maybe you'll get lucky and you might see the second round of the play offs! Good luck!

Sorry burns fans. You're best hope is playing for fourth in the conference and making the playoffs! Maybe you'll get lucky and you might see the second round of the play offs! Good luck!
Well you just never know but thats what eveeyone is telling us. I can promise you these boys will be well coached .

Well you just never know but thats what eveeyone is telling us. I can promise you these boys will be well coached .
Speaking of coaches. Pack should be showing up any day now. Bet he's glad to be back where he doesn't have to worry every year who he is reporting to.

Got a chance to swing by practice today. Kids were busting butt and numbers looked way up from last 2 seasons. The eye test we dont look big (traditionally we arent) but we got some good looking athletes out there. Keep up the good work coaches and players!

Hey Smash have you heard anything on how the new Charger QB is looking? He is a big kid.

Had a chance to see him today. Kid is a legit 6-3 230. Has good mechanics and throws a pretty ball. You can also tell that he's a rising sophomore and is learning the offense. Will be interested to see how he's doing when the pads go on and the action is real. That would be the areas where peeler will have a leg up on him, but Cameron looks good at WR and I think that would be his position if plays ball at the next level.

Had a chance to see him today. Kid is a legit 6-3 230. Has good mechanics and throws a pretty ball. You can also tell that he's a rising sophomore and is learning the offense. Will be interested to see how he's doing when the pads go on and the action is real. That would be the areas where peeler will have a leg up on him, but Cameron looks good at WR and I think that would be his position if plays ball at the next level.

Had thought he would make the switch to RB/WR with maybe a look as Wildcat QB. Just want him on the field as much as possible.

Has anyone seen a schedule yet? Please tell me TCR is gone...seriously, I'm tired of that school. They do not belong on Crest's schedule.

Has anyone seen a schedule yet? Please tell me TCR is gone...seriously, I'm tired of that school. They do not belong on Crest's schedule.
It was printed in the star a couple weeks back . I will keep you in suspense about TCR.

I hope KM just dominates both Shelby and Crest. That's all this message board seems to talk about. "Which school has the best recruits?! Shelby or Crest?" Which I have to admit, Shelby does try to justify their recruits as if that's what was always suppose to happen in Gods plan. While Crest fans tend to just act like, "If the kids want to come here! Great!...as long as it's done right! Or they don't get caught doing it the wrong way! We don't want 2005! Slap coach Clark in the face! Refs suck! Chew tobacco chew tobacco chew tobacco SPIT!!!"

Meanwhile a kid will move to Shelby and all the justifications in the world will be brought into play. "His dad played for Shelby!"
No his dad LIVES in Shelby.I just remembered the last couple years your best players had previously played at Burns so that is why I made the post jokingly.

No his dad LIVES in Shelby.I just remembered the last couple years your best players had previously played at Burns so that is why I made the post jokingly.

And it's perfectly ok for them to decide their best interest is playing for Shelby and a great tragedy when they make that decision for Crest.

We don't have one single transfer at Shelby this season, just some homegrown Shelby boys.The one that we had has already decided to re enroll back into his previous school, once he realized that he wasn't just going to walk into SHS, or any school in Cleveland County for that matter, and play his desired position. I wish the kid well, his dad and I grew up together.

As for Crest, you have two "transfers" from South Carolina this season, and one, two seasons ago, from Scotland County, where the head coach is from. That raises some eyebrows no matter how you slice it. You guys get seriously butt hurt when someone brings up this topic, make an accusation.

Last edited:
Reactions: GFlawndale
Hypocrisy is an annoying thing no matter what. That you wouldn't see that or the difference between kids transferring in county and physically moving from other areas is more a reflection on you than anything else.

Hypocrisy is an annoying thing no matter what. That you wouldn't see that or the difference between kids transferring in county and physically moving from other areas is more a reflection on you than anything else.
Yeah, I get all that, but something else that's annoying is you Crest guys making comments such as, "No one wants to go to Gangland High.", and that one comment you've made on a couple of occasions. "We should've let y'all(SHS) just die out." on the topic of zoning and our dwindling attendance numbers. You guys make those comments, but as soon as someone brings up Crest and recruiting, you want to drag us into the discussion, you all go from one extreme to another, "no one wants to go to Shelby", to us getting all of these so called new additions into our school and onto our team just as Crest does.

Last edited:
This Crest toward Shelby and Shelby toward Crest bitterness is so sweet. Carry on men! :)

Yeah, I get all that, but something else that's annoying is you Crest guys making comments such as, "No one wants to go to Gangland High.", and that one comment you've made on a couple of occasions. "We should've let y'all(SHS) just die out." on the topic of zoning and our dwindling attendance numbers. You guys make those comments, but as soon as someone brings up Crest and recruiting, you want to drag us into the discussion, you all go from one extreme to another, "no one wants to go to Shelby", to us getting all of these so called new additions into our school and onto our team just as Crest does.

When a Shelby poster makes the comment it drags them in. SHS Lion has been crying all over this thread about the Crest roster.

ETA apologies if my words got jumbled on Shelby in the past. What I mean is you should be grateful that Crest didn't let your school join a conference with Cherryville and Highland Tech. Not that it should have happened.

Reactions: Crest9496
On a better subject, how did our Golden Lions do at the Can Newton 7 on 7?

One positive Hitman and LA is that it keeps our middle school kids and their parents happy.

Correction, the former RS quarterback who was at Shelby briefly, is now at Burns.
Yes he showed up a week or so ago. Hes been running with the 2nd group. Being as we have a 2 year starter returning and from the looks of the 7 on 7 vs. SP i dont see that changing. If he has personal stuff going on thats one thing but from a pure football standpoint seems like an odd move if hes dead set on the qb position ...but we need athletes at burns and he will be on the field somewhere i am sure

Last edited:
LD, tell us about the 7 on 7. I'm sure the Shelby and Crest staffs were there taking copious notes and marveling at the Red Raider passing attack. How many mid lines did we run? I love how that pisses the other team off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT