ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville Western Championship

These boys don’t know the difference between objectivity and subjectivity! You can’t make an objective argument with subjective observations.

Objective argument(fact): Reidsville -22 and Shelby - 19.

Subjective argument(hypothesis based in fact): Reidsville folks claim that Shelby’s WNCHSAA titles emanated from a smaller pool of schools and are therefore judged to be of less value while Shelby folks rightly claim they beat who they had to beat.

Subjective argument: Reidsville’s championships have a 30 year (objective fact) gap and subjectively the 3-headed hydra deems that this somehow lessens Reidsville’s total.

One may argue that those arguments somewhat offset and we therefore must go back to objective data, like in total wins where Shelby and Reidsville are #1 and #2 all-time, respectively. But to argue that one team is clearly, conclusively and without further discourse superior and ‘true’ is beyond the pale reason and good sense.

From someone who has taught philosophy and logic at the college level for the past twenty years, let me say that your conclusion lacks everything but ephemeral merit embraced by only a small faction of Shelby fanatics. You may find more on this in Immanuel Kant’s 1759 seminal work: “A Critique of Pure Reason”.

And your “beloved Que” accusation I saw earlier only heightens the putrid essence fascistic appeals to emotion and conspiracy theory.

As Jack Webb used to say: “Just the facts, ma’am.”
Now hold on there just a minute: The facts are not exactly Reidsville -22 and -Shelby 19. That's like saying apples and oranges are the same thing.

The fact is all of Reidsville's "22" are NCHSAA State Championships while many of Shelbys "19" are WNCHSAA Western Piedmont Regional Titles. Comparing titles won in State wide competition to titles won in Regional competition is hardly comparable.

When I get time we can go into a little more depth about the WNCHSAA which was a fine Western Piedmont Regional conference.

Reactions: Ooooner and FACT24
Now hold on there just a minute: The facts are not exactly Reidsville -22 and -Shelby 19. That's like saying apples and oranges are the same thing.

The fact is all of Reidsville's "22" are NCHSAA State Championships while many of Shelbys "19" are WNCHSAA Western Piedmont Regional Titles. Comparing titles won in State wide competition to titles won in Regional competition is hardly comparable.

When I get time we can go into a little more depth about the WNCHSAA which was a fine Western Piedmont Regional conference.

Yes, tell us about it, Mule.

Tell us about your 1963 team.
You know, the one that won your “regional title”.
You have three of those, so losing them puts you back to 19.
Your 1963 NCHSAA Title team lost to WNCHSAA member Thomasville in the regular season.
That Thomasville team did not even make the WNCHSAA playoffs.
Shelby lost to Asheboro for the Title on the Kennedy assassination day, Nov 22.

1963 Reidsville would not have even qualified in the WNCHSAA.
Explain that one.

Then explain how the NCHSAA playoffs were “statewide” when you avoided up to 42 of the best programs in North Carolina, smack in the middle of the state.

And help us all understand why several of the WNCHSAA member schools went on to dominate IN ALL CLASSIFICATIONS after the merger in 1977.
Albemarle, Thomasville, Shelby, Crest, West Rowan and more.
Hickory was a founding member of the WNCHSAA. Guess what they are doing Friday, also.

No question our “fine” little association would have put a dent in your party.
Now go ask your homer Que what you should say next.

Don’t waste your time, big guy. That horse has been beaten to death. Fact is, most Shelby posters and fans don’t care about your titles. We have plenty of them, too. Winning the game, whenever we meet, is our primary concern.

Lose to us, no one outside your fanbase, and on this site is going to say, “Well, Reidsville has more titles”. The response will be, “But, you can’t beat Shelby”. The pressure is on you guys Friday. .

Last edited:
Yes, tell us about it, Mule.

Tell us about your 1963 team.
You know, the one that won your “regional title”.
You have three of those, so losing them puts you back to 19.
Your 1963 NCHSAA Title team lost to WNCHSAA member Thomasville in the regular season.
That Thomasville team did not even make the WNCHSAA playoffs.
Shelby lost to Asheboro for the Title on the Kennedy assassination day, Nov 22.

1963 Reidsville would not have even qualified in the WNCHSAA.
Explain that one.

Then explain how the NCHSAA playoffs were “statewide” when you avoided up to 42 of the best programs in North Carolina, smack in the middle of the state.

And help us all understand why several of the WNCHSAA member schools went on to dominate IN ALL CLASSIFICATIONS after the merger in 1977.
Albemarle, Thomasville, Shelby, Crest, West Rowan and more.
Hickory was a founding member of the WNCHSAA. Guess what they are doing Friday, also.

No question our “fine” little association would have put a dent in your party.
Now go ask your homer Que what you should say next.
Hate to interrupt you, but could you get theTRUEdynasty to answer the two questions I presented to him. I have asked him a couple of times. I know he is busy with THE GROUP and his seminars. I am sure it slipped his mind. Speaking of slipping. Ah nevermind.

Don’t waste your time, big guy. That horse has been beaten to death. Fact is, most Shelby posters and fans don’t care about your titles. We have plenty of them, too. Winning the game, whenever we meet is our primary concern.

Lose to us, no one outside your fanbase, and on this site is going to say, “Well, Reidsville has more titles”. The response will be, “But, you can’t beat Shelby”. The pressure is on you guys Friday. You lose……. Oh, boy, get ready for it.
Well, some of your posters/fans are obsessed with Reidsville championships so I just decided to throw a little gasoline on the fire.

I hope they are selling tickets at Shelby High School because standing in the line to get tickets Friday night could be brutal, especially if the weather gets nasty.

Reactions: Lion Attack
And to be fair, Sub division helped Shelby avoid East Lincoln in 2014 and Monroe in 2015. No way Shelby wins state against either of those 2.

Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
Ok. Enough of the measuring of 🐓. I think we've fully realized no one in this thread can agree on 💩. There's talent on both sides of the ball. Where does one team separate from the other? Probably will have the same results as the rest of beat a dead 🐎 one more time.

Exactly . To be honest not many around gave Shelby any chance to sniff a regional title game this year coming off of a horrific year last year . Shelby has come together and playing some good football at the right time . Will they win or lose Friday , no one knows but I do like their chances of winning now more than ever . Reidsville was everyone's pick to win the state this year , but looks like they will have 2 strong teams to knock out for that to happen . Can they do it , most certainly , but Bunker Hill and Brevard was a hand full for them and Shelby , Clinton or Northeastern will be the best teams Reidville will see this year . Bold statement , Shelby by 2 scores !

Let's have a realistic discussion

QB Play- Both seem to be very good

Running Game. Reidsville has their bell cow in Cobb. Widerman and Mansfield can get it done too

Receivers Reidsville edge (depth)

OL. We are much improved

DL Reidsville edge.

LB. Widerman and Mansfield are really good

DB Healthy Reidsville is very good. Neal, Flip, J9 can cover with the best of them

Special Teams Excellent Punter, Not the best PK we ever had.

Exactly . To be honest not many around gave Shelby any chance to sniff a regional title game this year coming off of a horrific year last year . Shelby has come together and playing some good football at the right time . Will they win or lose Friday , no one knows but I do like their chances of winning now more than ever . Reidsville was everyone's pick to win the state this year , but looks like they will have 2 strong teams to knock out for that to happen . Can they do it , most certainly , but Bunker Hill and Brevard was a hand full for them and Shelby , Clinton or Northeastern will be the best teams Reidville will see this year . Bold statement , Shelby by 2 scores !
2 scores is bold prediction for sure

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Yeah we got infiltrated by a Crest coach, bringing that 3-4 defense over there, what a nightmare that defensive season was, we even almost lost to Chase because of that......

You have one of the most dominate edge rushers in all of 2a that the season before and the season after and move him to linebacker (Because thats where he will play in college someone says) and then against the majority of the teams we played running spread hes out in coverage.....and not rushing the passer... . GOOD CALL ha ha ha

I think that coach was sent to us to sabotage that season... LOL.....
I can see why Shelby would choose a former Crest coach. The Golden Lion football programs motto is “If you cannot beat em, recruit em.”🥸

This game may be won like the last time y’all met in the trenches. Can reidsville oline hold up against Shelby dline . Last time answer was no if it’s no again have hard time seeing a way to victory for reidsville.

Running Game. Reidsville has their bell cow in Cobb. Widerman and Mansfield can get it done too

OL. We are much improved

DL Reidsville edge.

DB Healthy Reidsville is very good. Neal, Flip, J9 can cover with the best of them

Your run defense hasn’t been all that impressive, despite your so called edge in DL and LB.

I can see why Shelby would choose a former Crest coach. The Golden Lion football programs motto is “If you cannot beat em, recruit em.”🥸
Yeah he lasted one season... GREAT Choice

Im guessing your bifocals were too fogged up since Jan 2023 and missed 100 percent of the Cleveland County thread.... Yall mastered the recruiting 30 years ago and finally began to admit it just this year...

Shut up with that nonsense and go make sure the basketballs have air in them

See why he wasnt at Crest he sucked...
But why im thinking isnt there some Shelby coaches on yall staff now

OL. We are much improved

DL Reidsville edge.

Reidsville sucking wind already 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
So Sh
Exactly! … and lost by 8 to Crest’s undefeated 2014 team. He’s just bored. There are no active Crest threads.
Better watch out, that one dude will start one.

OL. We are much improved

DL Reidsville edge.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 if you belive this ,you dont know Football at all..
Why is it theres edge on some Positions
Then nothing on others..
This is a joke!!!

Im going says this where all u Reidsville peeps can hear.. it.
If Shelby loses fri, ill show up and say congrats....
But please take note, we arent Bunker Hill, we are not Brevard, we are not Madison..
We are Shelby High Golden Lions..we have been here, and a different animal then any team you have seen..

Im going says this where all u Reidsville peeps can hear.. it.
If Shelby loses fri, ill show up and say congrats....
But please take note, we arent Bunker Hill, we are not Brevard, we are not Madison..
We are Shelby High Golden Lions..we have been here, and a different animal then any team you have seen..
Every day a tree falls in the forest that has never fallen before!!!!!!!

Simmons has the Rams by 2 pts. No surprise there. Hoey thinks they have it in the bag for sure now. He wants all the smoke. He’s taking all bets.

Simmons has the Rams by 2 pts. No surprise there. Hoey thinks they have it in the bag for sure now. He wants all the smoke. He’s taking all bets.
Hoey only bets on Hoey. In this case Hoey knows Hoey. I did hear a man once tell me "if I tell you a pissant can pull a freight train, you hook him up" . I don't know how he would have felt about this game.

If Simmons has us by 2 then we will win by 8. That's about how much he has sold us short in the other games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT