ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville Western Championship

It's pretty simple really: Reidsville is The Football Capital of North Carolina by virtue of having won more NCHSAA State Championships than any other high school in North Carolina. That is a fact and any spinning, any subjective claims about being "the most successful, sustained, etc......" will never change that fact no matter how many posts or words you spew forth.

The end.
mic drop

You’re wrong again. Shelby needs this win way more. When Reidsville goes up by 4 titles you will never catch up. You keep saying the same stuff every week trying to convince yourself it’s true. But until you have the titles record you will never sleep right or be able to truly call yourselves the winningest team in history. In college do we go by total individual wins or titles? In basketball Do we go by singles wins total or by titles. In tennis do we go by single match wins or by titles. Titles rule everything no matter what you try to manipulate. Y’all can be up 20-1 on Reidsville but as long as you’re behind in titles you have no case.

It's pretty simple really: Reidsville is The Football Capital of North Carolina by virtue of having won more NCHSAA State Championships than any other high school in North Carolina. That is a fact and any spinning, any subjective claims about being "the most successful, sustained, etc......" will never change that fact no matter how many posts or words you spew forth.

The end.

So if that is the basis, will you pass on that claim as well to Shelby when we pass you, and we will.
If the classifications were not subdivided, and you had not dodged the WNCHSAA for 46 years, you would not have the most.

Do you not see how flimsy that is.
What are you to be then?
The “Former Capitol (sic)”.
Now you really sound like Princeton.

Shelby’s sustained success will NEVER be matched. Never.

Your claim is bogus.
And you continue to perpetrate it openly.

Get your group together and tell the truth.
You are the capitol (sic) of nothing.
Most of your titles are pre-integration and modern era. Sure, they count. But so do Princeton’s in the 1800s.
And a 31 consecutive recent year gap in the last 50 years!
Your case falls apart.
Even the NCHSAA shows Shelby ahead with 12 Championship Titles vs Reidsville’s 9 since their established records start of 1972.
And that leaves out 3 other Championship Titles of 1972, 1975, and 1976.

Shelby has won at least one State Championship in each of the last SEVEN DECADES.
Reidsville cannot touch that consistency.
And you are well aware of it, but deny it.

You have no case.
Are you coming to the game Friday. We don"t have a group. Is your group still giving seminars on Tuesday nights.
Do you have Lionfest after each game with HIghland and TJHS and those other hallmark games that only come about one time a year. Every year. Real test of manhood they are.

You’re wrong again. Shelby needs this win way more. When Reidsville goes up by 4 titles you will never catch up. You keep saying the same stuff every week trying to convince yourself it’s true. But until you have the titles record you will never sleep right or be able to truly call yourselves the winningest team in history. In college do we go by total individual wins or titles? In basketball Do we go by singles wins total or by titles. In tennis do we go by single match wins or by titles. Titles rule everything no matter what you try to manipulate. Y’all can be up 20-1 on Reidsville but as long as you’re behind in titles you have no case.

Naw, we need to get that to 4-2

you would turn and run away just like you do here. You don't answer half the questions presented to you. You want a receipt, here's one. About 10 days ago you was bragging about catching and surpassing The 22-19 margin of Reidsville. I asked you in the last 22 years how much ground you had gained on Reidsville? You cut and ran like a scared rabbit or maybe like a cowardly lion (which is likely closer to the truth). The answer is none, you did not answer because don't like the truth.

Here is your quote from Nov. 6. " You're not going to, but I really wish y'all could beat Monroe so we can march our way back to Reidsville and beat the hell out of you at your place like we did 10 years ago." Will you here before the game Friday (I guess you was correct in that. ...we did't beat Monroe, we did one better ,we beat the team that beat Monroe) stand behind your statement of beating the hell out of Reidsville. And if you don't will you admit you were wrong, "punk" (Inspector Callahan....Dirty Harry)
I never run. I have no need to.

Funny you would pick the last 22 years....when subdivisions happened and Reidsville FINALLY returned to the championship scene after a THREE DECADE absence. No school benefited more from subdivisions than Reidsville High School. You were able to dodge Shelby in almost every title you won over the last 22 years.

Let's look back at the 30 year gap and see what happened.

'72, '75, '76, '86, '87, '98

6-0. Shelby closed the margin by 6 when Reidsville wasn't even sniffing a championship game.

Even if Reidsville happens to win one this year....the odds are forever in Shelby's favor that within the next 10-20 years (if that long) Shelby will take the lead in ALL statistical categories.

Funny you would pick the last 22 years....when subdivisions happened and Reidsville FINALLY returned to the championship scene after a THREE DECADE absence. No school benefited more from subdivisions than Reidsville High School. You were able to dodge Shelby in almost every title you won over the last 22 years.

6-0. Shelby closed the margin by 6 when Reidsville wasn't even sniffing a championship game.

Even if Reidsville happens to win one this year....the odds are forever in Shelby's favor that within the next 10-20 years (if that long) Shelby will take the lead in ALL statistical categories.
you say that Reidsville dodged Shelby. You are implying that Shelby would have won every one of those matchups.....How about looking through that glass the other way and seeing it that Shelby also dodged Reidsville...Im sure Reidsville would not have lost every match up

In the last 22 years, SHELBY has 9, little ole Reidsville, we just have.............9. Things change. Slip, slip, slip
before long you ain't the king of the hill others think you are, and you start to doubt it yourself. I see why you need groupthink.

In the last 22 years, SHELBY has 9, little ole Reidsville, we just have.............9. Things change. Slip, slip, slip
before long you ain't the king of the hill others think you are, and you start to doubt it yourself. I see why you need groupthink.
I am literally left looking like this every time you write something.
Confused Little Girl GIF

And feeling like this:

Frustrated Billy Madison GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Shelby Lion
I start typing all this nonsense, get to giggling and tell my wife, to come here... I read what I typed and she just simply says "Honey you are going to make someone mad with that stupidity" ha ha

I was at a retirement ceremony today for a good friend of mine, a former employee that retired years ago, came up and said, " Boy I read all that stuff you post on there and you got me rolling"

All nonsense aside, when I hear that I just smile, Im not this goofy , actually a pretty quiet chill person, but this is just absolute fun for me and if I thought I really upset anyone, it would bother me tremendously....

Shelby by 22 now since I got all nostalgic all the sudden.... :)

Oh yeah, hold my beer..

Wait till the get a load of me

Reactions: Rammer16
Your claim is bogus.
And you continue to perpetrate it openly.

Get your group together and tell the truth.
You are the capitol (sic) of nothing.

Charlotte is a bigger more populous city with larger growth than Raleigh the past 30 years, yet Raleigh is still the capitol of the great state of North Carolina. Is Que Tucker responsible for that as well?

Na Na Na Na Boo Boo, Stick Your Head In Doo Doo

You keep saying a 3 decade a sense. Can you enlighten us why on Gods green earth such a dominant program like you all claim to be that you don’t have more titles . Even if you were playing a nfl division with Reidsville sucking it up you should be able to at minimum have more titles. Is that too much to ask. We ain’t dodging nothing. You on the other hand found it better to lose 42-0 to a burns team just so you didn’t have to face Reidsville superior team to yours just a year ago. How quickly you forget.

you say that Reidsville dodged Shelby. You are implying that Shelby would have won every one of those matchups.....How about looking through that glass the other way and seeing it that Shelby also dodged Reidsville...Im sure Reidsville would not have lost every match up
A couple of these posters are blind to that fact about who dodging who. They think it only goes one way.

You keep saying a 3 decade a sense. Can you enlighten us why on Gods green earth such a dominant program like you all claim to be that you don’t have more titles . Even if you were playing a nfl division with Reidsville sucking it up you should be able to at minimum have more titles. Is that too much to ask. We ain’t dodging nothing. You on the other hand found it better to lose 42-0 to a burns team just so you didn’t have to face Reidsville superior team to yours just a year ago. How quickly you forget.
Was that the RUNNING CLOCK game?

They lost 42-0 to Burns? Jeez

We don’t have to go back any further than the last three years that both won titles.

Split classifications
2A-2AA
Shelby 34 Salisbury 0
Reidsville 14 Northeastern 0
Seriously? Salisbury had like 25 Total Yards

Shelby 42 North Davidson 21
Reidsville 31 Northeastern 28
We were there. Northeastern blew that game.
Shelby would have blown Reidsville out of the stadium.

Shelby 28 Northside Jax 6
Reidsville 58 Edenton 12
While we are sure you will make a case here, here is ours
Shelby was winning its 4th consecutive State Championship, 2013-2016. Northside was playing with 3A enrollment and went 3A the following year.
But if a tiebreaker is needed, Shelby NEVER TRAILED in 16 games, including 2 3A opponents and a 4 A opponent, all deep playoff worthy.

Shelby would have taken all three….and it would now be 19-19.

Reidsville has had zero titles unless a classification was subdivided, or they had a rival association they never played.
Never won a “unified title” where they played playoffs against all similar sized public schools.

We don’t have to go back any further than the last three years that both won titles.

Split classifications
2A-2AA
Shelby 34 Salisbury 0

Reidsville 58 Edenton 12
Shelby was winning its 4th consecutive State Championship, 2013-2016. Northside was playing with 3A enrollment and went 3A the following year.
But if a tiebreaker is needed, Shelby NEVER TRAILED in 16 games, including 2 3A opponents and a 4 A opponent, all deep playoff worthy.

Reidsville has had zero titles unless a classification was subdivided, or they had a rival association they never played.
Never won a “unified title” where they played playoffs against all similar sized public schools.
would and should does not mean they did.....

Split classifications
2A-2AA
Shelby 34 Salisbury 0

Reidsville 58 Edenton 12

Didn't Reidsville have the longest winning streak in the nation in the mid to late 00s? Something like 55 straight wins including a state championship win against.........Shelby?

Its obvious at this point

Reidsville fans would rather beat us Friday to talk trash to us on the boards than actually beat us to go to the title game..... PAINFULLY Obvious

We have em so out of whack some are even quoting themselves for no apparent reason.....

The good Lord has been getting his ears full from the RAMS fans....since friday night, begging, pleading PLEASE LET US BEAT SHELBY

Reidsville probably won't field a team next year! SMH ! Maybe Shelby can do another documentary next year !
🙄 Who cares! Mule says the same thing every year, “this team will be better than the previous team. We have guys on the radar of every college”. Where’s that same energy?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
You used to do it, till you got humbled in 2021. You used to be one of the biggest “ish” talkers among you guys. I admire the changes, though. You keep it respectful.

I get humbled every day looking in the mirror and my Quickbooks. I havent been upset at a loss since my senior year in high school LOL

2016 team would still whoop your butt!

Reactions: nwguilford007
I couldn’t care less about who has the most titles, though. All I know is, you better get us this year. This team has exceeded my expectations, big time, and I see another possibile run of championships in the future. If we mess around, and win it this year, look out!

Yeah, if you guys win this game, I'm not sure if we have any leg to stand on.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I get humbled every day looking in the mirror and my Quickbooks. I havent been upset at a loss since my senior year in high school LOL

I'm def not conceding the 2016 team, that team was nasty. They may would have beat us, but they would have to have really earned it. I would maybe give them 2018, but I wouldn't concede 2019 either.

Not! You would have gotten whipped. That was one of the deepest teams ever, 3AA depth, So what, we “struggled” against Huss. Gotta win them like that sometime. Reidsville didn’t impress me versus North Rowan. We are going to have to agree to disagree on that. Calpreps had you losing by two touchdowns. It was being generous, in my opinion.

Last edited:
These boys don’t know the difference between objectivity and subjectivity! You can’t make an objective argument with subjective observations.

Objective argument(fact): Reidsville -22 and Shelby - 19.

Subjective argument(hypothesis based in fact): Reidsville folks claim that Shelby’s WNCHSAA titles emanated from a smaller pool of schools and are therefore judged to be of less value while Shelby folks rightly claim they beat who they had to beat.

Subjective argument: Reidsville’s championships have a 30 year (objective fact) gap and subjectively the 3-headed hydra deems that this somehow lessens Reidsville’s total.

One may argue that those arguments somewhat offset and we therefore must go back to objective data, like in total wins where Shelby and Reidsville are #1 and #2 all-time, respectively. But to argue that one team is clearly, conclusively and without further discourse superior and ‘true’ is beyond the pale reason and good sense.

From someone who has taught philosophy and logic at the college level for the past twenty years, let me say that your conclusion lacks everything but ephemeral merit embraced by only a small faction of Shelby fanatics. You may find more on this in Immanuel Kant’s 1759 seminal work: “A Critique of Pure Reason”.

And your “beloved Que” accusation I saw earlier only heightens the putrid essence fascistic appeals to emotion and conspiracy theory.

As Jack Webb used to say: “Just the facts, ma’am.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT