ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern @ Clinton Eastern Championship

Stayed to near the end of the 3rd. Neither offense impressed me much. Clinton’s defense was impressive however. Those kids were laying the wood last night.

Why NE didn’t pass more, I’ll never understand. That’s the most effective way they were moving the ball. NE had multiple chances to keep it close, but couldn’t capitalize.

Congrats to Clinton. Good luck against Reidsville.

Reactions: dogs79
Yeah, Johnson’s game plan and #10 was the difference, I thought.
Agree: you take one of the top defensive players in the country and make him the focus of the offense, while giving him plenty of rest of the defensive side was on paper a risky move, but obviously was the right one.
Big week of practice for the Horses; lots to clean up on the procedural side, and also figuring out how to better defend the the midrange passing game. But based on the few DH games I've watched this year(Whiteville and WRH maybe?) and some of the 4th quarter adjustments from last night, I think the Horses will be more than ready for next Saturday, as will Reidsville. Should be a good'ern.

Reactions: dogs79
Congratulations to both teams for outstanding seasons. Honestly it was a boring game to watch because both teams didn’t look all that sharp for this to be an Eastern final. I do think that was part of Clinton’s game plan to run a slow but steady offense to keep NE offense on the sideline. i wasn’t a big fan of NE going for it on 4th and 12 or whatever it was in the 3rd quarter in their own territory. It was 22-15 and the game was still close. That failed conversion gave Clinton the perfect timing to score and go back up and stretch the lead to 30-15. That just put NE behind the 8 ball against a tough Clinton defense.
I wondered aboutNE with 8 min left in 3qtr , the closed the lead to 14 and attempted a true onside kick that was unsuccessful giving the ball to the Horses at midfield with Clinton scoring and stretching the lead back
to 21. I suppose with Clinton’s defense they sensed the need to steal a possession. It was critical. The final score 36-22 was the score with 19 min left in the game

Reactions: DogsRunItUp
Clinton just like everyone else has some kids that don't get talked about much. Kid wearing number 40 can play. Saw him on both sides of the ball. Doing all the dirty work so not much talk about him. And Footballdad I watch your son . He's a bulldozer too. Be proud man and enjoy this because it goes by fast. Clinton online is very good as a whole. In my opinion down in the trenches is where Clinton HAS to win next week

Clinton just like everyone else has some kids that don't get talked about much. Kid wearing number 40 can play. Saw him on both sides of the ball. Doing all the dirty work so not much talk about him. And Footballdad I watch your son . He's a bulldozer too. Be proud man and enjoy this because it goes by fast. Clinton online is very good as a whole. In my opinion down in the trenches is where Clinton HAS to win next week
#40 can play ball for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT