ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern @ Clinton Eastern Championship

True but folks up here so hung up on BS rumors like some of these people really think the whole team or majority of the team from somewhere else and it’s not true. Yes we had some kids transfer in but the majority of these kids grew up in Clinton went thru the Rec league and middle school and now here they are as seniors making impactful plays in huge playoff games. All that we don’t win with Homegrown talent and other slick comments. Better stop prescribing to the BS footballdad broke it down awhile ago on another thread.
I tried putting facts up here but it was frowned upon. No one wants to believe it or hear it. They rather take that little fish and make it into a whale of a fishing story.

@Wizard of the East I sure hope your coming to hang out with us. I’m really looking forward to going back to Darkhorse Stadium. It’s an awesome complex!!! Regardless of the outcome I won’t go home disappointed, in my eyes we’re playing with house money. We have nothing to lose. If anyone was to beat us this would be the year to do it, we will be absolutely loaded for the next few. We have some amazing talent in the waiting and we return a lot

@Jamesdavis06 , correct me if I’m wrong when I say this. I don’t think you’ve ever been wrong this season when you predicted the winner of one of our games. I know you keep it real and don’t have blinders on whereas I seem to sometimes think we are in invincible and can overcome any obstacle.

I like your prediction but I’m not as confident. Now Im hearing the qb for Clinton could be banged up, not sure if that’s true. I’ll have to call my guy at Midway and see if there’s any truth to this. I haven’t seen it posted on here.
No injuries that I’m aware of other than .#2 who everyone knows is out for season with a broken anmle
That’s not to say after 14 games no one’s bruised. etc but who’s not. If so they’re not playing hard enough.

True but folks up here so hung up on BS rumors like some of these people really think the whole team or majority of the team from somewhere else and it’s not true. Yes we had some kids transfer in but the majority of these kids grew up in Clinton went thru the Rec league and middle school and now here they are as seniors making impactful plays in huge playoff games. All that we don’t win with Homegrown talent and other slick comments. Better stop prescribing to the BS footballdad broke it down awhile ago on another thread.
That kicker we had a couple of years ago he came from gates county he made a big difference

No injuries that I’m aware of other than .#2 who everyone knows is out for season with a broken anmle
That’s not to say after 14 games no one’s bruised. etc but who’s not. If so they’re not playing hard enough.
All our players are good to go as well to the best of my knowledge

@Jamesdavis06 , correct me if I’m wrong when I say this. I don’t think you’ve ever been wrong this season when you predicted the winner of one of our games. I know you keep it real and don’t have blinders on whereas I seem to sometimes think we are in invincible and can overcome any obstacle.

I like your prediction but I’m not as confident. Now Im hearing the qb for Clinton could be banged up, not sure if that’s true. I’ll have to call my guy at Midway and see if there’s any truth to this. I haven’t seen it posted on here.
This time of year a lot of kids are banged up

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Clinton faced adversity for the first time this season and responded well hopefully taking lesson learned tonight into next week…..definitely different play style next week vs this week and NE has a great RB aswell. I ain’t got a score prediction I just want a Clinton win………anyone thinks this is anything like 2019 your delusional both teams totally different
I agree, Clinton look like they were against the ropes. Clinton will probably represent the East congratulations Dark Horses

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Yep I’m a Carolina fan. Ready for some new blood as far as coaches. Not doing enough with the talent they recruit.
Mack Brown passed his prime at Texas, that’s the reason they let him retire/slip away and the defensive coordinator? What exactly has he accomplished since he’s been there? As a Pack fan, I hope they keep them both forever. Young players today don’t relate to that folksy stuff that Brown does apparently they don’t relate to the defensive coordinator at all!
It’s assumed that Carolina recruits better than State, who says that? bussed media, recruiting services polls that get paid to produce the opinion. I’d take States recruits with their work unprivileged work ethic any day of the week vs recruits that are told they were good and didn't ptoduce
. Tez Walker, acclaimed UNC’s best receiver before he played a down at UNC? Do you know what Carolina's record has been since he joined the team? 4-4 and one of those wins was against Campbell! What Carolina did was concentrate on it being all about Tez rather than the whole team; just my thought maybe I’m wrong and if so I hope they don’t change a thing. Doreen on the other hand produced the best defense in the conference won last year playing 4 qb and (scout team qb against UNC) won this year when his qb quit with 4 games to play and still won
Go PackGo ; Go DarkHorses!

Last edited:
Excuse me Eastern side of the state brethren

We are trying to have a Shelby Lion style (lol) civil discussion over on the Western thread... Can one of yall leash up paw paw Wiz and keep him from spouting off about polls over there.... We all don't care enough about where who is on polls to infest yet another thread with that repetitive nonsense.... Someone get his attention with some metamucil and sleeping meds or something.... Please :)

Thanks friends..... We all would appreciate any assistance you can offer....

@Wizard of the East you and I have been saying since the beginning of the season that we would see each other after Thanksgiving. We were the only ones that believed this game would happen and now it’s upon us. I’m so glad your Darkhorses won tonight and I’m looking forward to arriving early in Clinton and just taking in everything. I’m going to enjoy this win tonight and then I’ll get back to work tomorrow so I can try and get all jobs completed by Thursday.
dagoob, looking forward to seeing you, dog79, Jamesdavis06,,wish Ottis could make it but he has a SC game in Arkansas;(it was good seeing him at our Southeast Alamance game)

Last edited:
Reactions: sam
Excuse me Eastern side of the state brethren

We are trying to have a Shelby Lion style (lol) civil discussion over on the Western thread... Can one of yall leash up paw paw Wiz and keep him from spouting off about polls over there.... We all don't care enough about where who is on polls to infest yet another thread with that repetitive nonsense.... Someone get his attention with some metamucil and sleeping meds or something.... Please :)

Thanks friends..... We all would appreciate any assistance you can offer....
If you don’t like his post then put him on ignore. It’s simple instead of acting childish.

If you don’t like his post then put him on ignore. It’s simple instead of acting childish.
Good advise Ottis, He has a history for years of dishing it out but not being able to take it. Always stirring the pot in something that does not involve him.
Have a good trip to Arkansas and good kuck to you cousin's son in their championship game.

Reactions: Otis4411
What are you his lap dog?

Shut up with that, he knows me and knows I have given everyone down the road for years and years..... And paw paw is right I stir the pot always but at the end of the day I know good football and Clinton is good football

What are you his lap dog?

Shut up with that, he knows me and knows I have given everyone down the road for years and years..... And paw paw is right I stir the pot always but at the end of the day I know good football and Clinton is good football
It’s a football forum. Some get confused by that. I try to respect my elders like Wiz. I do consider him a friend. I just think the constant bashing going on should be stopped. He hasn’t done that to you.

It’s a football forum. Some get confused by that. I try to respect my elders like Wiz. I do consider him a friend. I just think the constant bashing going on should be stopped. He hasn’t done that to you.
Im not bashing Wiz Otis.... Ive known Wiz for almost 20 years....Ive picked on Wiz about polls for nearly that same about of time here....Ive talked to Wiz several times in person..... Im just pulling his chain and hes fired right back more times that I can count.... I mean nothing personal to Wiz and at the end of the day, he knows Im full of it and just messing about

I understand where you are coming from though, and I respect your thoughts on it as you have posted.....

Im not bashing Wiz Otis.... Ive known Wiz for almost 20 years....Ive picked on Wiz about polls for nearly that same about of time here....Ive talked to Wiz several times in person..... Im just pulling his chain and hes fired right back more times that I can count.... I mean nothing personal to Wiz and at the end of the day, he knows Im full of it and just messing about

I understand where you are coming from though, and I respect your thoughts on it as you have posted.....
👍🏼

Ottis is a real cool dude. I’m pulling for NE to make it so Goob and Ottis will be at state. Regardless of Reidsville outcome ima try and go that game

Ottis is a real cool dude. I’m pulling for NE to make it so Goob and Ottis will be at state. Regardless of Reidsville outcome ima try and go that game
Knowing dagoob and Ottis they’ll oribabky both be at the game irregardless of who’s playing These guys love them some high school football!

I don’t think I’ll make the State Championship game. I have a cousin that will be in the Arkansas State Championship game Saturday and I’m going back to see that. It will be my third trip there to watch him this year. It’s his senior season and I’m hoping he can win another ring this year. He has started all 4 yrs in high school. Playing rb for Shiloh Christian a private school. He got 276 yds last week and 5 yds. He won a ring his first year and lost in the Championship the past 2 years. He has made it there every year he has been in high school. In Arkansas they penalize a private school for winning by moving them up a classification. They continue to get there but haven’t won. But he’s a good kid and I want to be there. I’m switching call with a buddy at work so I can go. I’ll have to pull call the next weekend when I get back.

Clinton, was able to answer the bell when NC ringed it in Dark Horse Stadium. That what I wanted to see is how they respond and they respond good. I got the Dark Horses in this one, but that Northeastern team is good. If Clinton wins this one they should be an odd favorite to win the big one after beating two good programs.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Yeah we saw that. We are just ignoring it cause its actually the other way around this year. They took the East lightly last year and we see what that got them. The East is really good again this year too. So they can keep thinking that. We will remember that post.
Yep and I plan on being there to see. Just won't be as nervous this year

Reactions: dogs79
Yep and I plan on being there to see. Just won't be as nervous this year
Trust me I will be nervous enough for you and me both if things go right and Clinton plays in the State Championship. I am staying humble and even nervous about the Eastern Championship. Would be lying if I said I wasn't. The football can bounce funny ways some times. Hopefully things go the right way and my Dark Horses win like I think they should this Friday night.

Reactions: oldway55
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT