ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern @ Clinton Eastern Championship

Looks like NE playing with house money. Clinton is the clear Favorite.
Eagles 🦅 are playing with house money and regardless of the outcome I won’t be disappointed. Coach Moore and company have done one heck of a job this year and it seems like they keep getting better by the game with the play calling and adjustments on the field. I don’t want to lose but Clinton just seems to be on another level than everyone else in 2a. I mean they don’t even look the part of a 2a team, it’s almost like somethings not right.

Funny how Clinton’s trip to Elizabeth City in 2017 was left out. I wonder why that was 35-0 L
At least we got to hear about that 2008 trip though.
Talk about selective listening I used that story to talk about how much Coach Moore changed the perception of football being soft in that part of the state but of course you choose to only acknowledge the negative aspects of the story.

Spent a good amount of time acknowledging Coach Moore and the job he has done 205-51, 15 conference titles and 3 regional championships speaks for itself. But lord knows I don’t talk about one single game.

Last edited:
Funny how Clinton’s trip to Elizabeth City in 2017 was left out. I wonder why that was 35-0 L
At least we got to hear about that 2008 trip though.
I think that was in reference to regional finals appearaneces, Clinton finished just 6-6 that year and the loss to NE was just in the 2nd round

I think that was in reference to regional finals appearaneces, Clinton finished just 6-6 that year and the loss to NE was just in the 2nd round
2008 was a 2nd round game aswell. I was just telling a story about how Coach Moore helped changed the perception of football in that area. Of course Goob just taking the opportunity to find something to complain about

Win or lose tomorrow night is the last ride at Dark Horse Stadium for our seniors.Its been a joy watching their growth over the past 4 years. No matter the outcome proud of this group. Hoping for a good injury free game and safe travels to those coming. Go Horses!!!!!!

High School OT provided a list of previous regional final results by the year I thought was pretty interesting I love reading and learning about the history of the program especially back in 80’s and 70’s.

Always hear about the great teams of the 90’s and rightfully so but those teams in the mid 70’s must of been really good judging by the regional final appearances just came up short.

1974- 3A lost to Ahoskie 14-7
1976- 3A win vs FarmVille Central 41-40
1977- 3A West Guilford 20-7
1982- 3A lost to Bertie 14-7
1990- 2A win vs James Kenan 39-7
1993- 2A loss to Cummings 45-6
1995- 2A win vs West Guilford 21-19
1996- 2A win vs South Columbus 56-19
1997- 2A win vs East Duplin 33-0
2001- 2A win vs East Duplin 45-7
2002- 2A win vs South Columbus 13-0
2005- 2A win vs Northside-Jacksonville 20-14
2006- 2A win vs Northside-Jacksonville 25-0
2014- 2A win vs Southwest Onslow 45-21
2015-2AA loss vs Bunn 30-29
2019- 2A loss vs Northeastern 23-8
2023-TBD vs Northeastern

And Wiz said East Duplin’s offense was boring to watch. That was the most boring drive by Clinton. Jeez. 6-6 here in the 1st.

• Haha
Reactions: sam
Clinton is winning but don't seem as impressive as the fans up here made them out to be. NE hasn't had the best run defense all year and it's a close game.

• Haha
Reactions: sam
Clinton is winning but don't seem as impressive as the fans up here made them out to be. NE hasn't had the best run defense all year and it's a close game.
I hear ya but don’t forget they’re without their best offensive player who was basically unstoppable.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
This guy talks about this high octane offense.Nothing I’ve seen about NE thaz exciting.Running back ok .QB is throwing side arm football.

Clinton playing a different game going power slow sustained drives using clock keeping that explosive offense off the field. And basically gave NE their lone touchdown with the muffed kickoff.

The people in this thread are behaving like they’re at an AA meeting. So much coping. Sorry friends Clinton is winning tonight. 😂😂😂

Reactions: Wizard of the East
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT