ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern @ Clinton Eastern Championship

Clinton faced adversity for the first time this season and responded well hopefully taking lesson learned tonight into next week…..definitely different play style next week vs this week and NE has a great RB aswell. I ain’t got a score prediction I just want a Clinton win………anyone thinks this is anything like 2019 your delusional both teams totally different

Goob did you have a heart attack tonight or something. This is what you been wanting.
I thought he was going to throw up when Whiteville took the lead. It was a fun game to watch. I had no dog in the fight. I like Goob and I’ve met Coach Moore a couple of times and he is an easy person to like so I can’t pull against them. But Whiteville came to play. Their fans should be disappointed but proud. It was fun to meet @Strick68 I hope he and his Whiteville crowd make it home safely. I had almost 600 on my fb live tonight. They have a fan base!

This game should be remembered for the draw play. Less than 2 minutes in the game with Whiteville leading. Everyone thinks NE has to throw. They call a draw. Rb goes for 30 yds or more inside the 10. Brave call to make. If he gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage it could be the game. It was just a great call at the right time. A heart breaker for Whiteville.

It’s on my fb. You would half to look at the 2nd half video and go forward to about 2 minutes left in the game and watch from there.

This game should be remembered for the draw play. Less than 2 minutes in the game with Whiteville leading. Everyone thinks NE has to throw. They call a draw. Rb goes for 30 yds or more inside the 10. Brave call to make. If he gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage it could be the game. It was just a great call at the right time. A heart breaker for Whiteville.

It’s on my fb. You would half to look at the 2nd half video and go forward to about 2 minutes left in the game and watch from there.
Coach Moore really did an amazing job tonight.

@Wizard of the East you and I have been saying since the beginning of the season that we would see each other after Thanksgiving. We were the only ones that believed this game would happen and now it’s upon us. I’m so glad your Darkhorses won tonight and I’m looking forward to arriving early in Clinton and just taking in everything. I’m going to enjoy this win tonight and then I’ll get back to work tomorrow so I can try and get all jobs completed by Thursday.

With a healthy Mclaurin Clinton wins by 25+.
This version of Clinton is still good enough to win though.

Clinton: 34-20

(And spare me the theatrics , Goob, y’all can definitely win) 😂
Serious question, how good would the Darkhorses be w/o all the transfers? I’m not being sarcastic, I know there are kids that transfer in to other programs all over the state. We had some good players transfer here in the past for sure. We also had a 4 ⭐️ recruit JR Walker transfer out to play at Clayton for his senior season Your program has been blessed with some top notch players in the past couple years that previously played at other schools. Tbh I’m jealous 😂😂. I’m trying to figure out how to get that receiver from Bertie #1 Mere Dempsey to transfer here for his senior season. I think I can get him an address here 😂. That kid has crazy talent.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Serious question, how good would the Darkhorses be w/o all the transfers? I’m not being sarcastic, I know there are kids that transfer in to other programs all over the state. We had some good players transfer here in the past for sure. We also had a 4 ⭐️ recruit JR Walker transfer out to play at Clayton for his senior season Your program has been blessed with some top notch players in the past couple years that previously played at other schools. Tbh I’m jealous 😂😂. I’m trying to figure out how to get that receiver from Bertie #1 Mere Dempsey to transfer here for his senior season. I think I can get him an address here 😂. That kid has crazy talent.
Guys who made impact plays tonight Jeffrey Jacobs(not a transfer) Alex Evans(Not a transfer) the entire offensive line(not any transfers) Jayden Williams(not a transfer) Josiah Robinson(Not a transfer) Jakarrion Kenan(not a transfer) Nydarion Blackwell( not a transfer)
Demarius Pugh(not a transfer)
To answer your question pretty darn good. It’s over 40 kids on the team continue to be hung up on 6 kids.

Last edited:
Guys who made impact plays tonight Jeffrey Jacobs(not a transfer) Alex Evans(Not a transfer) the entire offensive line(not any transfers) Jayden Williams(not a transfer) Josiah Robinson(Not a transfer) Jakarrion Kenan(not a transfer) Nydarion Blackwell( not a transfer)

To answer your question pretty darn good. It’s over 40 kids on the team continue to be hung up on 6 kids.
I’d prefer to play a pretty darn good Clinton team than a great Clinton team. I’d like our chances better

With a healthy Mclaurin Clinton wins by 25+.
This version of Clinton is still good enough to win though.

Clinton: 34-20

(And spare me the theatrics , Goob, y’all can definitely win) 😂
How is Calpreps going to predict this one, they seem to hate both teams equally 😂. Brian Simmons will probably have you winning by 50, he definitely has no respect for our program.

Reactions: sam
I thought he was going to throw up when Whiteville took the lead. It was a fun game to watch. I had no dog in the fight. I like Goob and I’ve met Coach Moore a couple of times and he is an easy person to like so I can’t pull against them. But Whiteville came to play. Their fans should be disappointed but proud. It was fun to meet @Strick68 I hope he and his Whiteville crowd make it home safely. I had almost 600 on my fb live tonight. They have a fan base!
Was tracking the score during DarkHorse game as best I could under all that cold weather gear I was wearing but you think goob almost got sick what about us when the Horses got 2 tds down in the first half . Turns out it was a good lesson and experience for NE & Clinton.
I think the best 4 teams (east & west) in 2A all season long still remain and will play each other next Friday and honestly I would predict both games a toss-up at this point

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: daagoob
Was tracking the score during DarkHorse game as best I could under all that cold weather gear I was wearing but you think goob almost got sick what about us when the Borses got 2 tds down in the first half . Turns out it was a good lesson and experience for NE & Clinton.
I think the best 4 teams (east & west) in 2A all season long still remain and will play each other next Friday and honestly I would predict both games a toss-up at this point
I think that your Darkhorses will benefit from being pushed by Nash Central heading into the eastern championship. I think you guys needed it. I also think it may not be a bad thing that our qb didn’t play his best tonight. He’s pretty much had his way all season with teams and I think he will be better prepared next Friday. Whiteville had a good defense but I expect Clinton’s to be better. I actually thought Coach Moore might put our freshman quarterback in to try and spark our offense.

We had two that transferred to Charlotte area schools this season. They would have started. You gain some you lose some

It's a long ride back from Elizabeth City to Whiteville.

How is Calpreps going to predict this one, they seem to hate both teams equally 😂. Brian Simmons will probably have you winning by 50, he definitely has no respect for our program.
dagoob, he has no respect for any program unless they're from Duplin County or the Charlotte metro area

Reactions: FootballDad2023
Who cares about transfers we done had them to and they made us better it would be nice if we could get him

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Demarius Pugh(not a transfer)
It only takes one kid on a team to make a difference even in football

Who cares about transfers we done had them to and they made us better it would be nice if we could get him
What????? Say it ain’t sooooo. Man Goob had us believing we were the only team in the history of Prep Football in NC to have transfers Lol atleast you got some sense @Jamesdavis06 I can respect that.

It only takes one kid on a team to make a difference even in football
True but folks up here so hung up on BS rumors like some of these people really think the whole team or majority of the team from somewhere else and it’s not true. Yes we had some kids transfer in but the majority of these kids grew up in Clinton went thru the Rec league and middle school and now here they are as seniors making impactful plays in huge playoff games. All that we don’t win with Homegrown talent and other slick comments. Better stop prescribing to the BS footballdad broke it down awhile ago on another thread.

True but folks up here so hung up on BS rumors like some of these people really think the whole team or majority of the team from somewhere else and it’s not true. Yes we had some kids transfer in but the majority of these kids grew up in Clinton went thru the Rec league and middle school and now here they are as seniors making impactful plays in huge playoff games. All that we don’t win with Homegrown talent and other slick comments. Better stop prescribing to the BS footballdad broke it down awhile ago on another thread.
It only takes one to make a difference. Amaris Williams isn’t your typical high school football player. He’s a game changer.

We had two that transferred to Charlotte area schools this season. They would have started. You gain some you lose some
That kicker you had was 🔥🔥, that was a tough loss. I don’t know why it’s hard to find a decent kicker now at the smaller schools. I mean Clinton has a good soccer program

That kicker you had was 🔥🔥, that was a tough loss. I don’t know why it’s hard to find a decent kicker now at the smaller schools. I mean Clinton has a good soccer program
Our kickers this year have been great but we had a kicker this year that transferred to Provident Day in Charlotte. They won the state private school state championship last week

@Jamesdavis06 , correct me if I’m wrong when I say this. I don’t think you’ve ever been wrong this season when you predicted the winner of one of our games. I know you keep it real and don’t have blinders on whereas I seem to sometimes think we are in invincible and can overcome any obstacle.

I like your prediction but I’m not as confident. Now Im hearing the qb for Clinton could be banged up, not sure if that’s true. I’ll have to call my guy at Midway and see if there’s any truth to this. I haven’t seen it posted on here.

QB limped off the field after a play came back in the next series played fine ran well rest of the game. Nothing serious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT