ADVERTISEMENT

MA @ STARMOUNT - Sat at 7

Bears 🏈 holds on at Starmount 17-14; now 2-0, 6-0; Taeshon Martin 172 yds on 31 carries & TD; Zach Goins w/31 yd TD from Landon Gallimore & Ethan Clabo 27 yd FG; “D” allows 131 total “O” and forces 4 turnovers (Bryson Taylor Int, T.Martin Int, DJ Joyce & Kylan Mason w/FR) host EW next GO 🐻

Couldn't run the ball but Martin had 175 yards rushing. That is more than Starmount had total.
What I meant by not running the ball is not running it very efficiently for high school. Look how many attempts that it took to get that. 41 attempts(total) for 208 yards. He wasn't breaking off those long plays like before.

The reason he had that many opportunities is because of the Starmount game plan on offense. It was a bad plan.

They weren't gonna score or get the first down on that drive without that pass. It was 4th down and long best that I remember. Without that pass they don't win the game.

Starmount only scored on their 1st and last possession of the game. Their quarterback had a lot of yards running for his life from the Bears' defense. I think they passed or tried passing on almost every play because that seems to be their only way of getting any yards. I still say the Bears are 14 to 21 points better without all the flags and TD called back. I hope to see them in Mount Airy in the playoffs if both teams make it that far. Mount Airy has a lot of work to do between now and the playoffs.

Starmount only scored on their 1st and last possession of the game. Their quarterback had a lot of yards running for his life from the Bears' defense. I think they passed or tried passing on almost every play because that seems to be their only way of getting any yards. I still say the Bears are 14 to 21 points better without all the flags and TD called back. I hope to see them in Mount Airy in the playoffs if both teams make it that far. Mount Airy has a lot of work to do between now and the playoffs.
I 100% agree with this logic. If Mt Airy had actually scored 14-21 more points than Starmount, they would have definitely won by more points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT