ADVERTISEMENT

MA @ STARMOUNT - Sat at 7

Bears 🏈 holds on at Starmount 17-14; now 2-0, 6-0; Taeshon Martin 172 yds on 31 carries & TD; Zach Goins w/31 yd TD from Landon Gallimore & Ethan Clabo 27 yd FG; “D” allows 131 total “O” and forces 4 turnovers (Bryson Taylor Int, T.Martin Int, DJ Joyce & Kylan Mason w/FR) host EW next GO 🐻

Couldn't run the ball but Martin had 175 yards rushing. That is more than Starmount had total.
What I meant by not running the ball is not running it very efficiently for high school. Look how many attempts that it took to get that. 41 attempts(total) for 208 yards. He wasn't breaking off those long plays like before.

The reason he had that many opportunities is because of the Starmount game plan on offense. It was a bad plan.

They weren't gonna score or get the first down on that drive without that pass. It was 4th down and long best that I remember. Without that pass they don't win the game.

Starmount only scored on their 1st and last possession of the game. Their quarterback had a lot of yards running for his life from the Bears' defense. I think they passed or tried passing on almost every play because that seems to be their only way of getting any yards. I still say the Bears are 14 to 21 points better without all the flags and TD called back. I hope to see them in Mount Airy in the playoffs if both teams make it that far. Mount Airy has a lot of work to do between now and the playoffs.

Starmount only scored on their 1st and last possession of the game. Their quarterback had a lot of yards running for his life from the Bears' defense. I think they passed or tried passing on almost every play because that seems to be their only way of getting any yards. I still say the Bears are 14 to 21 points better without all the flags and TD called back. I hope to see them in Mount Airy in the playoffs if both teams make it that far. Mount Airy has a lot of work to do between now and the playoffs.
I 100% agree with this logic. If Mt Airy had actually scored 14-21 more points than Starmount, they would have definitely won by more points.

You know something? Mt Airy only scored in the first half 🤷🤦 Do you see any logic in what you posted? You know what else. Mt Airy is holding on the majority of their plays. They've did this for many years against very good teams and aren't called for it near as much as they should. What does that tell you? Yeah that's right, they're getting beat.

You know something? Mt Airy only scored in the first half 🤷🤦 Do you see any logic in what you posted? You know what else. Mt Airy is holding on the majority of their plays. They've did this for many years against very good teams and aren't called for it near as much as they should. What does that tell you? Yeah that's right, they're getting beat.
BS starmount held #22 all night. Never called.

It tells me you are criticizing the refs because they didn’t see it the way you did. I guess you also think they held their way to two state championships the llast two years.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
lol, Starmount had a 1st and goal at the Bears 2-yard line I believe, in the 3rd Qtr, and the Bears pushed them back to the 4 or 6-yard line with them having 4 downs to put it in from the 2 yd. line and then the Bears took over because the Rams could not put it in. Bears won so stop crying, no one picked Starmount to win but maybe you. Move on is the best we can do !

Reactions: Bearmod1
lol, Starmount had a 1st and goal at the Bears 2-yard line I believe, in the 3rd Qtr, and the Bears pushed them back to the 4 or 6-yard line with them having 4 downs to put it in from the 2 yd. line and then the Bears took over because the Rams could not put it in. Bears won so stop crying, no one picked Starmount to win but maybe you. Move on is the best we can do !
I don't think you were at the game. Starmount was at about the half yard line and had an illegal procedure that backed them up. The QB stumbled into the back of the center by accident resulting in the flag.

It tells me you are criticizing the refs because they didn’t see it the way you did. I guess you also think they held their way to two state championships the llast two years.
I'm not criticizing the refs. It is what it is. Nor am I saying that Starmount didn't hold some. Mt Airy has a long history of this in competitive games. Everyone knows it. My criticism is with a few that thinks that just because you score a touchdown on a penalty that that makes you "14-21 points better". It's comical and nonsense. This is the exact same thing that was said about the Mitchell game 3-4 years ago.

BS starmount held #22 all night. Never called.
I'm not saying that Starmount didn't hold a player like 22 some. Like I said players hold when they get beat. That does not negate the fact that the holding was almost entirely done by Mt Airy.

I'm not even saying it's a bad thing to hold. Sometimes you just have to do it especially to protect your QB. If you can get by with it I say do it but don't be surprised or complain when you're flagged and then most definitely don't then turn around and say that this somehow makes the team 2-3 tds better than what they are as if the penalized run should've counted someway or another. That's my complaint

Reactions: buzzcoach
Starmount is real deal but MA was clearly better team even with all the mistakes on offense. MA has that championship mentality and they just wear you down.
I respect your opinion as a fan of Mt Airy. Tough defensive pressure makes many offenses make mistakes. I don't think either team got to do what they wanted to on offense because of it and have room for improvement. I agree with you about the championship mentality and that's something they've earned.

I respect your opinion as a fan of Mt Airy. Tough defensive pressure makes many offenses make mistakes. I don't think either team got to do what they wanted to on offense because of it and have room for improvement. I agree with you about the championship mentality and that's something they've earned.
This is why I expected MA to win. This is not the first time they have been in a big game. The goal line stand/illegal procedure series of events was proof of that. One team executed and the other tripped up when it mattered most.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT