ADVERTISEMENT

Yadkin County Starmount/Forbush

Devonte McKenith from WXII 12 News will be airing an interview with the Taylor kid and parents Monday night at 6. Supposed to have a response from the Yadkin County Schools as well.
Devonte is messy. This should not be a story. This happens all the time all across the triad and state of NC. Devonte is a piss poor excuse for a news reporter.

Yes once they move to Mount Airy they can play. Just like players have left Mount Airy many times to play at East Surry and even North Surry. They moved !

It seems kids transfer around all over the state but if it happens at Mount Airy, it is made to be a big deal ! ! !
So there are no athletes at MA that do not live in the MA school district? If you believe that, I have some Arizona oceanfront property for sale. Several athletes at MA transferred in and do not live in the district. Please stop spreading lies.

So there are no athletes at MA that do not live in the MA school district? If you believe that, I have some Arizona oceanfront property for sale. Several athletes at MA transferred in and do not live in the district. Please stop spreading lies.
Please provide the names of these players and where they live.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Based on the admissions policy, it really shouldn't be that hard to transfer into MACS. As long as you are in good standing at current school system, MACS have room/class space, release from the BOE of their current school, and approved reasoning to transfer (basically anything other than athletics, but realistically what parent is dumb enough to use that as their reasoning).

Tuition Rates:
In County - $200, each additional child $100
Out of County - $600, each additional child $300
Out of State - $1320, each additional child $660

A quick google search and I found that info. Doesn't seem like it is too difficult or expensive to transfer in from the surrounding areas.

The implication was Mt Airy was doing something not correct. Too many people on this site make bold statements to inpune Mt Airy for any number of jealous reasons.

I simply ask that person to name names of the students he states are in Mt Airy system improperly.

The implication was Mt Airy was doing something not correct. Too many people on this site make bold statements to inpune Mt Airy for any number of jealous reasons.

I simply ask that person to name names of the students he states are in Mt Airy system improperly.

It seems as if POWERATTACKs statement/question simply asks that there are no players that play for MA that do not live in the district. As usual you get defensive about it instead of admitting that there are players that transfer in/live out of district on the football team. I don't know all the kids parents names or who their "guardian" is, but I'm sure if I spend enough time on Google I can find a kid or two in the last couple years that resides outside of MACS district. It happens at every school, not sure why MA fans take it so personal.

Also, the MACS system is smaller than the city limits itself.

So now you are a mind reader?
Well yes, people who just spout shitlies about things they know nothing about, yep it gets real old.

• Haha
Reactions: BigRedFan27
So now you are a mind reader?
Well yes, people who just spout shitlies about things they know nothing about, yep it gets real old.

How does anything I say make me a mind reader? His exact statement was "So there are no athletes at MA that do not live in the MA school district?" Maybe take a deep breath and set your feelings aside for a minute. You used to be an actual good poster but I guess you spent too much time with TD and Buzz and started getting all emotional.

It's not spouting "shitlies", but MA does have players that do not reside in MACS district. Just accept it and move on.

How does anything I say make me a mind reader? His exact statement was "So there are no athletes at MA that do not live in the MA school district?" Maybe take a deep breath and set your feelings aside for a minute. You used to be an actual good poster but I guess you spent too much time with TD and Buzz and started getting all emotional.

It's not spouting "shitlies", but MA does have players that do not reside in MACS district. Just accept it and move on.
Every student at MACS either lives in district or close by and has gone through the legal avenues to be at that school. The state has never found an issue with there system.

Every student at MACS either lives in district or close by and has gone through the legal avenues to be at that school. The state has never found an issue with there system.

I agree that it went through the proper channels and everything is legal. That isn't what Whitley is arguing though. He states that everyone that plays on the team lives in the district, that is simply a "shitlie" as he worded it. Mount Airy is too good of a program and smoothly run for them to try and pull a fast one and get by with something.

Reactions: MayberryBillyBob

If it is so, name them.

It seems as if POWERATTACKs statement/question simply asks that there are no players that play for MA that do not live in the district. As usual you get defensive about it instead of admitting that there are players that transfer in/live out of district on the football team. I don't know all the kids parents names or who their "guardian" is, but I'm sure if I spend enough time on Google I can find a kid or two in the last couple years that resides outside of MACS district. It happens at every school, not sure why MA fans take it so personal.

Also, the MACS system is smaller than the city limits itself.
I believe you are thinking of the 27030 zip code because since I was in school in the 1960s and Mount Airy's population was under 7,000 the school system went outside the city limits in some directions and I had friends that I gave rides home just outside the city limits and the city limits were much smaller and if you crossed the bridges that left the city then you left the city limits. Now the city has almost doubled in size from the 1960s & 70s. Mount Airy's zip code goes several past North Surry High School and almost to the state line on 52 North plus all of Bannertown, Flatrock, Toast and almost to Dobson and East Surry.

There is a state champion wrestler who does not live in the district. I am not saying anything illegal is happening, but to say that no one lives outside of the district is incorrect. I would also take a guess that many other schools have the same situation, but they are not here claiming to be perfect. I do not know why I am being attacked.

I believe you are thinking of the 27030 zip code because since I was in school in the 1960s and Mount Airy's population was under 7,000 the school system went outside the city limits in some directions and I had friends that I gave rides home just outside the city limits and the city limits were much smaller and if you crossed the bridges that left the city then you left the city limits. Now the city has almost doubled in size from the 1960s & 70s. Mount Airy's zip code goes several past North Surry High School and almost to the state line on 52 North plus all of Bannertown, Flatrock, Toast and almost to Dobson and East Surry.

I'm not thinking of any particular zip code. I quoted MACS FAQ, which I will copy and past below.

• We live in Mount Airy, does that mean our child will attend Mount Airy City schools? The lines for the City of Mount Airy and Mount Airy City Schools are not the same. Check GIS to be sure of your home’s school district.

Would happy to if you and the rest your Kind stop lying about or implying that Mt Airy cheats, on this thread.

See that's where you are getting emotional instead of comprehending what I stated. I simply said some of the kids live out of district. Never once did I say MA cheated. In fact, I said that MA was too smart and smoothly ran for them to try and pull a fast one. So do they follow the rules, yes. Do they have players outside of MACS district lines, also yes, and no I'm not putting their address on this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: footballstar_17
What the hell are you talking about?
Can you not read?’ Or are so stupid you tell people to stay “your” thread that you and or others pitch their crap toward Mt Airy. No body from Mt Airy said anything ugly, bad or put down of anybody, any team or any community.

Can you not read?’ Or are so stupid you tell people to stay “your” thread that you and or others pitch their crap toward Mt Airy. No body from Mt Airy said anything ugly, bad or put down of anybody, any team or any community.
Show me one post I have made about MA cheating. I will call out a lot of MA's dumbass fans like you, but show me one post about the team or coach. I simply said to start your own damn thread and stay out of the Starmount/Forbush thread. Nobody in this thread cares about whatever is going on in MA.

Nothing is going on My Airy except school has started and sports are being.
But there sure is a a lot envoy being shown toward them . And I for am flat out tired of the lies, the crap.
I do not have a child or grandchild there, do not nor did not teach there, I just live in a wonderful community that works hard and supports its schools.

See that's where you are getting emotional instead of comprehending what I stated. I simply said some of the kids live out of district. Never once did I say MA cheated. In fact, I said that MA was too smart and smoothly ran for them to try and pull a fast one. So do they follow the rules, yes. Do they have players outside of MACS district lines, also yes, and no I'm not putting their address on this site.
Why bring it up if dose t matter why bring it up except to make MA look like they doing wrong.

Why bring it up if dose t matter why bring it up except to make MA look like they doing wrong.
I was stating facts about being able to play when you live out district. Whitley got defensive about it. I simply stated facts and quotes from MACS website and his rebuttal was to try and get me to post kids addresses online. I'm not stooping to that level.

Again, I know (this year and in the past) there have been kids out of the district that play for MA. I also know MA good enough to know that they're not the administration/coaches to try and cheat or do it illegally.

So maybe just admit that MA has a good team and a good history of coaches and tradition, and it makes sense that a kid that lives 10 mins away in another district may want to come play there instead of one of the county schools. Also, I know some of the teachers at the high school and I know the education is just as good as the football team.

Take a deep breath and stop being so defensive about everything. Facts are facts and whatever your emotions are aren't going to change them.

I was stating facts about being able to play when you live out district. Whitley got defensive about it. I simply stated facts and quotes from MACS website and his rebuttal was to try and get me to post kids addresses online. I'm not stooping to that level.

Again, I know (this year and in the past) there have been kids out of the district that play for MA. I also know MA good enough to know that they're not the administration/coaches to try and cheat or do it illegally.

So maybe just admit that MA has a good team and a good history of coaches and tradition, and it makes sense that a kid that lives 10 mins away in another district may want to come play there instead of one of the county schools. Also, I know some of the teachers at the high school and I know the education is just as good as the football team.

Take a deep breath and stop being so defensive about everything. Facts are facts and whatever your emotions are aren't going to change them.
Dont upset me. Happens everywhere. End of day its just HS Football.

Thanks to the Yadkin County Board of Education and Starmount/Forbush policies the Rams lost another player. This one is lost to Mt Airy. Yadkin has to be the most ass backwards county in the entire state. A young man that lives within the Starmount district but went to Forbush for 3 years and wanted to go to Starmount for his Senior year could go to Starmount but NOT play Sports even though he was racially discriminated against at Forbush. The school board denied him the ability to play at Starmount. Mt Airy welcomes him to school over there and he doesn't live anywhere near there school AND is allowed to play sports.

What could've and should've been a special year for the Rams just keeps looking more bleak. I've mentioned losing Senior starters before but it keeps getting worse. SOO disheartening. Definitely don't deserve to be in the top 5.
Can you people start your own thread about MA? This one is about Starmount/Forbush
PRLYES, the first message in this thread made it about Mount Airy, are you blind or just read the message that you can complain about Mount Airy to make yourself be known ? Well, the 1st message in this thread is above your smart azz remark !

How about the kid that transferred from North Iredell to Starmounr? Don't know his name or what Grade he might be in, but does he have to sit out for 365 Days? Curious

Reactions: buzzcoach
I'm no expert on all of the rules and only go by what I'm told. He is a Sr and lived on the Yadkin and Iredell line so could have went to either school. I think the rule from the original post has to do with transferring within the county.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT