ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville Western Championship

These boys don’t know the difference between objectivity and subjectivity! You can’t make an objective argument with subjective observations.

Objective argument(fact): Reidsville -22 and Shelby - 19.

Subjective argument(hypothesis based in fact): Reidsville folks claim that Shelby’s WNCHSAA titles emanated from a smaller pool of schools and are therefore judged to be of less value while Shelby folks rightly claim they beat who they had to beat.

Subjective argument: Reidsville’s championships have a 30 year (objective fact) gap and subjectively the 3-headed hydra deems that this somehow lessens Reidsville’s total.

One may argue that those arguments somewhat offset and we therefore must go back to objective data, like in total wins where Shelby and Reidsville are #1 and #2 all-time, respectively. But to argue that one team is clearly, conclusively and without further discourse superior and ‘true’ is beyond the pale reason and good sense.

From someone who has taught philosophy and logic at the college level for the past twenty years, let me say that your conclusion lacks everything but ephemeral merit embraced by only a small faction of Shelby fanatics. You may find more on this in Immanuel Kant’s 1759 seminal work: “A Critique of Pure Reason”.

And your “beloved Que” accusation I saw earlier only heightens the putrid essence fascistic appeals to emotion and conspiracy theory.

As Jack Webb used to say: “Just the facts, ma’am.”
Cool story, bro. However, I’m looking forward to saying, you “Kant” beat us, after Shelby wins Friday.

you say that Reidsville dodged Shelby. You are implying that Shelby would have won every one of those matchups.....How about looking through that glass the other way and seeing it that Shelby also dodged Reidsville...Im sure Reidsville would not have lost every match up
In spring season 2021 Shelby dodged us by losing to Hendersonville and then we destroyed Mountain Heritage in championship after MH beat Hendersonville.

Fu
aI never run. I have no need to.

Funny you would pick the last 22 years....when subdivisions happened and Reidsville FINALLY returned to the championship scene after a THREE DECADE absence. No school benefited more from subdivisions than Reidsville High School. You were able to dodge Shelby in almost every title you won over the last 22 years.

Let's look back at the 30 year gap and see what happened.

'72, '75, '76, '86, '87, '98

6-0. Shelby closed the margin by 6 when Reidsville wasn't even sniffing a championship game.

Even if Reidsville happens to win one this year....the odds are forever in Shelby's favor that within the next 10-20 years (if that long) Shelby will take the lead in ALL statistical categories.
Funny I ask two questions. You did not answer either question, but that is not unusual with you.

Here they are again:

" You're not going to, but I really wish y'all could beat Monroe so we can march our way back to Reidsville and beat the hell out of you at your place like we did 10 years ago." Will you here before the game Friday (I guess you was correct in that. ...we did't beat Monroe, we did one better ,we beat the team that beat Monroe) stand behind your statement of beating the hell out of Reidsville. And if you don't will you admit you were wrong, "punk"

Let's make it simple, Yes or No answers are fine. You do get a bit wordy at times.

Will you stand behind your statement of how badly you will beat Reidsville?
Will you admit you were wrong if you don't?

If The Group made the statement, as a whole, and you need their help in reply, that is allowed.

I look forward to your reply. I apologize for calling you a punk. That was done in humor, you cowardly lion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Shelby Lion
Yeah, if you guys win this game, I'm not sure if we have any leg to stand on.
All bs aside, you guys should be the favorite. You should win, in my opinion. You have home field advantage. You are better in the skill positions. I’m just hoping that Shelby wins in the trenches, help out our young and tiny secondary. Get some pressure on Al Lee. He’s obviously the head of the snake for the Rams offense. Get him rattled, all of that skill at the receiver position becomes null and void.

Last edited:
In spring season 2021 Shelby dodged us by losing to Hendersonville and then we destroyed Mountain Heritage in championship after MH beat Hendersonville.
Yeah we got infiltrated by a Crest coach, bringing that 3-4 defense over there, what a nightmare that defensive season was, we even almost lost to Chase because of that......

You have one of the most dominate edge rushers in all of 2a that the season before and the season after and move him to linebacker (Because thats where he will play in college someone says) and then against the majority of the teams we played running spread hes out in coverage.....and not rushing the passer... . GOOD CALL ha ha ha

I think that coach was sent to us to sabotage that season... LOL.....

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
All bs aside, you guys should be the favored. You should win, in my opinion. You have home field advantage. You are better in the skill positions. I’m just hoping that Shelby wins in the trenches, help out our young and tiny secondary. Get some pressure on Al Lee. He’s obviously the head of the snake for he Rams offense. Get him rattled, all of that skill at the receiver position becomes null and void.

I truly believe Shelby and Reidsville will be preseason 1 and 2 next seaon and have a good chance lining up again.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Wish you guys could have beaten Lincolnton in 2015, rather than literally getting ran over and blown out by Tarus Dameron and company, the same Lincolnton that went on to lose to Shelby the following week.🤷🏾‍♂️

We don’t have to go back any further than the last three years that both won titles.

Split classifications
2A-2AA
Shelby 34 Salisbury 0
Reidsville 14 Northeastern 0
Seriously? Salisbury had like 25 Total Yards

Shelby 42 North Davidson 21
Reidsville 31 Northeastern 28
We were there. Northeastern blew that game.
Shelby would have blown Reidsville out of the stadium.

Shelby 28 Northside Jax 6
Reidsville 58 Edenton 12
While we are sure you will make a case here, here is ours
Shelby was winning its 4th consecutive State Championship, 2013-2016. Northside was playing with 3A enrollment and went 3A the following year.
But if a tiebreaker is needed, Shelby NEVER TRAILED in 16 games, including 2 3A opponents and a 4 A opponent, all deep playoff worthy.

Shelby would have taken all three….and it would now be 19-19.

Reidsville has had zero titles unless a classification was subdivided, or they had a rival association they never played.
Never won a “unified title” where they played playoffs against all similar sized public schools.
How about say instead of we would have taken all 3. Say y’all are hot garbage and we’re going to win it all every year and never lose again. Also there is no such thing as an undivided championship. Y’all have 0 unified championships as well. Last I saw there is still 4 classes. 1a-4a. Until they combine those stop using that as an argument

Wish you guys could have beaten Lincolnton in 2015, rather than literally getting ran over and blown out by Tarus Dameron and company, the same Lincolnton that went on to lose to Shelby the following week.🤷🏾‍♂️

We were lucky to get out the 1st round that year. One of our rare rebuilding years.

Yeah, if you guys win this game, I'm not sure if we have any leg to stand on.
Until they play every year this is a dumb argument anyways. Michigan Ohio State Oregon Oregon State, teams like that have 100 percent proof since they been playing every year since before Jesus was born.

We were lucky to get out the 1st round that year. One of our rare rebuilding years.
2012-2015 we’re just pathetic teams in my opinion. Yes we made couple playoff runs but we honestly overachieved those seasons. Had no passing game whatsoever and teams could just load the box and beat us if they wanted.

All bs aside, you guys should be the favorite. You should win, in my opinion. You have home field advantage. You are better in the skill positions. I’m just hoping that Shelby wins in the trenches, help out our young and tiny secondary. Get some pressure on Al Lee. He’s obviously the head of the snake for the Rams offense. Get him rattled, all of that skill at the receiver position becomes null and void.
Well like BH I see all predictions favoring Shelby but I think we are double digits better. Ain’t trashing y’all but that’s just how I see it. Will be the first one to give it up if don’t win it. In 21 game I didn’t have any confidence other than thinking Flip could break loose a couple times. Which he did but that will never be enough.

2012-2015 we’re just pathetic teams in my opinion. Yes we made couple playoff runs but we honestly overachieved those seasons. Had no passing game whatsoever and teams could just load the box and beat us if they wanted.
🙄 Honestly, bro, you’re going to say, that for any Reidsville team that loses to Shelby, most recently that great ‘21 Rams team. Idc what y’all say, and those bs excuses y’all made, that was a great team, only losing to the eventual state champs.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty

12 was an ok team, 13-14 teams were pretty good, but nothing special.

Well like BH I see all predictions favoring Shelby but I think we are double digits better. Ain’t trashing y’all but that’s just how I see it. Will be the first one to give it up if don’t win it. In 21 game I didn’t have any confidence other than thinking Flip could break loose a couple times. Which he did but that will never be enough.
I have been waiting on your bold, very transparent prediction. It could happen, or it could happen to you guys. Reidsville doesn’t stop Shelby’s running game, you could find your team in some serious trouble.

🙄 Honestly, bro, you’re going to say, that for any Reidsville team that loses to Shelby, most recently that great ‘21 Rams team. Idc what y’all say, and those bs excuses y’all made, that was a great team, only losing to the eventual state champs.
Yes I didn’t say 21 team was terrible. They were really good and a home run hitter at receiver. Running game was more about control than speed. Obviously we couldn’t run in the 21 game. But I’m consistent about the 2012-2015 teams. If ever a time they benefited from a weak conference it was those years. Whichever team lost 17-10 during those years to you was the better team of those 4 but just had no passing game. I would actually like us even now to go under center everyone once in awhile but that ain’t happening.

Oh Ps. I was on both 2005 and 2007 teams and I won’t say we weren’t good in 2005. We had some ballers on that team. Very tough defensively too. Where I was scared at practice to go against those guys

Well, with new people reading, we will have to tell the story again from the start.
Y’all ready for this ?!

And it is not just “ in the 2A ranks”, as the biased big city reporter writes and intends to minimize.
It is very definitely STATE WIDE and very well known and documented.

But, alas, our story is already written for us again this week.
You have to look no further than the official posting by the NCHSAA for the upcoming Western Finals. Information also posted on ALL FOUR BOARDS by Deana.

The Shelby Golden Lions clearly dominate to any objective reader.
Reidsville football isn’t even in second place.

Their self proclaimed title of “Football Capitol (sic) “ is bogus and does not hold up under even light scrutiny.
Reidsville was absent from even a Championship Title game appearance for 31 consecutive recent years of the last 50, from 1971 through 2001.
Shelby’s unsurpassed success, as documented in this week’s NCHSAA post attached, is historical and factually based, not opinion or self proclaimed.
Promoting ourselves as the “True Dynasty” is by definition.
The Shelby Golden Lions are the most successful, sustained, winningest high school program in North Carolina history.

www.shelbyhighfootball.com

This week is one game.
One game in a series that Shelby already leads 4-1.
If we win or lose, it changes nothing.
Reidsville needs this win a lot more than Shelby does. That is evident in the tone of their posters.
If they lose to Shelby again, for the fifth time, their already unsubstantiated position weakens further.
And if the Golden Lions are fortunate enough to go on and win another State Title this year, well, the Reidsville faithful here may have to go back into another 31 consecutive year hole.

https://nchsaa.us9.list-manage.com/...a495257fccd2816f75&id=747f20ad70&e=9fb1c0c63b

Rams have better special teams, so ya'll are in trouble.
How you figure they have better special teams, though? I have read nothing from them that indicates that. They go for two a lot. That’s for a reason. Their ko coverage isn’t anything spectacular. However, they definitely won’t be kicking it deep to our returners, anyway. Brevard, yes, but not those speedy Shelby boys.

I have been waiting on your bold, very transparent prediction. It could happen, or it could happen to you guys. Reidsville doesn’t stop Shelby’s running game, you could find your team in some serious trouble.
Must have missed other post. I said 11-16 points Reidsville is how I see it. Il be first to say I was wrong even if win by less or lose straight up. I like the spread gambling style lol

Reactions: Lion Attack
How you figure they have better special teams, though? I have read nothing from them that indicates that. They go for two a lot. That’s for a reason. Their ko coverage isn’t anything spectacular. However, they definitely won’t be kicking it deep to our returners, anyway. Brevard, yes, but not those speedy Shelby boys.
Shelby won’t be kicking to our guys either. I see a lot of drives starting at the 35 lol

@shelbyfan1, put the guys on notice that Reidsville will attempt at least one receiver pass this game from Neal. Sharp has that ability, too. But, he’s mostly in on 5 receiver sets. Watch out for Neal! I’m willing to bet they try it at least once.

@shelbyfan1, put the guys on notice that Reidsville will attempt at least one receiver pass this game from Neal. Sharp has that ability, too. But, he’s mostly in on 5 receiver sets. Watch out for Neal! I’m willing to bet they try it at least once.
That ain’t saying much. They run that set one time every game anyways even if they playing a JV team lol that said he won’t throw it if it’s clogged up. Neal is very smart with the ball.

They have a threat to run it back every time

Shelby has horrible kick off team coverage, horrible

I hope y'all kick it deep LA !
How you been ? I told y'all last year I wouldn't be back til later in the year. I see you and SL still at it ! Lol ! I could be wrong, but I think it's gonna be a heck of a game !

They have a threat to run it back every time

Shelby has horrible kick off team coverage, horrible
And, Shelby doesn’t? I didn’t see the clip, it must have been shown on Facebook. Kid from Brevard ran back one on them, only to be hawked down and stripped by Neal, before crossing the goal line. They said, he wasn’t even fast. Neal is not running down the guys Shelby has back deep. I promise you that, but they won’t be kicking it deep, period.

And, Shelby doesn’t? I didn’t see the clip, it must have been shown on Facebook. Kid from Brevard ran back one on them, only to be hawked down and stripped by Neal, before crossing the goal line. They said, he wasn’t even fast. Neal is not running down the guys Shelby has back deep. I promise you that, but they won’t be kicking it deep, period.
That was easily best return on us this year. I don’t remember many getting much past the other teams 40. I could be wrong though. Long season

I hope y'all kick it deep LA !
How you been ? I told y'all last year I wouldn't be back til later in the year. I see you and SL still at it ! Lol ! I could be wrong, but I think it's gonna be a heck of a game !
I agree with you, Mr. Fisherman. I knew you’d show up in the post season, my guy. Yes, I expect a great as well. Obviously, I could be wrong, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ramit02
It will be Saturday a week in Carter Finley at 3pm
Reidsville vs Clinton is the match I want
((Remember I was born in Leaksville )
They still don’t like you and Clinton this season, Wiz. You’re trying too hard. I for one rock with you, though. You say what’s on your mind, however it’s received.

Well, with new people reading, we will have to tell the story again from the start.
Y’all ready for this ?!

And it is not just “ in the 2A ranks”, as the biased big city reporter writes and intends to minimize.
It is very definitely STATE WIDE and very well known and documented.

But, alas, our story is already written for us again this week.
You have to look no further than the official posting by the NCHSAA for the upcoming Western Finals. Information also posted on ALL FOUR BOARDS by Deana.

The Shelby Golden Lions clearly dominate to any objective reader.
Reidsville football isn’t even in second place.

Their self proclaimed title of “Football Capitol (sic) “ is bogus and does not hold up under even light scrutiny.
Reidsville was absent from even a Championship Title game appearance for 31 consecutive recent years of the last 50, from 1971 through 2001.
Shelby’s unsurpassed success, as documented in this week’s NCHSAA post attached, is historical and factually based, not opinion or self proclaimed.
Promoting ourselves as the “True Dynasty” is by definition.
The Shelby Golden Lions are the most successful, sustained, winningest high school program in North Carolina history.

www.shelbyhighfootball.com

This week is one game.
One game in a series that Shelby already leads 4-1.
If we win or lose, it changes nothing.
Reidsville needs this win a lot more than Shelby does. That is evident in the tone of their posters.
If they lose to Shelby again, for the fifth time, their already unsubstantiated position weakens further.
And if the Golden Lions are fortunate enough to go on and win another State Title this year, well, the Reidsville faithful here may have to go back into another 31 consecutive year hole.

https://nchsaa.us9.list-manage.com/...a495257fccd2816f75&id=747f20ad70&e=9fb1c0c63b
Well it’s good to know the DarkHorses are in heralded company

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT